One time at band camp....

MGMT

Bells
I'm going to band camp Sunday the 15th till Saturday the 21st. I just wanted everyone because I can't bring MY laptop because my brothers being a jerk about it. I'm going to be staying at ISU (Illinois State University).

Even though it's still 4 days away I won't have much time to go on the computer because I'm going to my moms. Then my grandma wants to see me for some odd reason.

The audition music is mostly really easy, but there's this part that I have to play in 6/8, and it's troubling me, so that's where most of my time will be. The good thing about 6/8 is that i can play it in fast four. And to any other musicians, what does "Alla Marcia" mean?

6/8 is kind of difficult. Just make sure to count... But try playing 3/4 AND 6/8. That's flamenco for you.

:)

Alla Marcia means to play in the style of a march. This means sort of a stricter rhythm, and MAKE SURE to accent the down beat, as that is typical of a march style. Basically try to be all formal about your playing when it says alla marcia.

:)

In england we dont have band camp,
well i think we have some but hardly any to be honest with you.

But hope you enjoy you stay at band camp, and tell us about it when you come
back.

:gyroidveryhappy: See You Soon :gyroidveryhappy:

I've never been to a band camp, even though the opportunity always came around each summer.

I dunno', I'm just not a big fan of "camps", I guess.

:p

Back