The Barista
Bells
Switch
1153-7853-1909
Island
Teacove
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
As much as I thought the presentation was outstanding, and it blew me away, I couldn't help but think there is one missing piece from the puzzle.. a Nook's Cranny upgrade. This is something that seemed so obvious, I just assumed it would be coming - after all, it was even referred to back in the early datamines of the game as 'Market03', so it was in the works at some point. Now, Nintendo have said there is a lot more that they didn't show that we would experience for ourselves - so it is entirely possible that they chose to keep the shop upgrade as a surprise. Otherwise, it seems strange to me that of all the features they decided to scrap what I would argue is really important and overdue, as the shop selection is just too small, and only one upgrade to the store in an Animal Crossing game is just unheard of.

a shop upgrade will be a welcome surprise.
but i think, looking at all that they showed, that a shop upgrade, would be a to little of a thing, to mention as a new thing coming out.
i whole hardheartedly believe that that is included into the game's update.

A shop upgrade would be an interesting surprise. I was honestly surprised when we only had one store upgrade in this game. The only reason for this that comes to mind is that this game is heavily focused on crafting, and we are crafting items rather than purchasing them from a store.

I personally believe, if would be something as significant as store upgrade, they would at least briefly mention about this. Referral to “Market03” could mean anything, and for the biggest probability it a trailer camp on Harv’s Island. I don’t have any proofs to back it up.

I personally believe, if would be something as significant as store upgrade, they would at least briefly mention about this. Referral to “Market03” could mean anything, and for the biggest probability it a trailer camp on Harv’s Island. I don’t have any proofs to back it up.
Market was the internal name for Nook's Cranny specifically in the code.

I honestly don't believe there is extra stuff they didn't show us.

They said "you might experience this new content in various ways. Some of them outside of what we've shown you today."

Personally I take that to mean such stuff as "there are more than just 2 things you can put on your ceiling" and "you can invite more than just the able sisters to get coffee with you"

I dont take that to mean they've been hiding content from us as a surprise.

It would be nice for there to be more.
I just don't believe they meant for it to be taken the way some are taking it.

Another example is people think there are more vegetables coming as they said "combine ingredients such as tomato, wheat, sugarcane, potatoes, carrots, and more"
She was talking about ingredients that can be used for cooking. We already know you can use pumpkins and fish. These fall under more.

As much as I would like an upgrade to nook’s cranny I don’t think we will get one. It would be a great surprise if they did. I think that would have been something they would have announced.

I’m on the side that thinks it’s not happening. I can’t think of a reason marketing-wise why they would exclude something so huge like this. It would have been in their best interest to put the best things in the trailer to attract people to buy/return to the game. I do think small surprises are in store for us but no more big ones. Would be very happy if there actually is an update though. I enjoy the speculation but I hope nobody gets mad if it doesn’t actually end up happening.

With the new store in the HHP archipelago selling new stuff and using a different currency, I honestly don’t think they’ll be having a Nook’s Cranny upgrade. This is a bit sad for those not purchasing the DLC but I think almost everyone is so…

As much as I’d love an upgrade too (rip nooks emporium and Gracie…) I don’t think it’s gonna happen unfortunately.
I think they showed us all major things in the direct and imo only small things such as maybe new added dialogue or some QOL changes weren’t shown…

something i have desperately wanted for a long time is gracie. we don't need the T&T Emporium but a nooks upgrade with gracie would be cool.

with the harvey campground marketplace thingy i doubt we'll get gracie and if there isn't a nooks upgrade i don't think we will ever see her in this game ): so i'm hoping for an upgrade

Not trying to be a pessimist here, but something as big as a shop upgrade would definitely be mentioned in the direct if it's going to take place.

I saw somewhere that when they said “last free major update” they meant they’d still do small ones. Maybe a shop upgrade could be classified as a small one if it’s just that and nothing else? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I hope it's one of those things they are keeping a secret, but the chances are slim to none.
It seems our island may be getting new furniture maybe? In the DLC part they mentioned you can buy furniture with the new point system that may be hard to find on our island, but I'm not sure if they mean in Nooks, in balloons, or how.

I'd like a different building, but I think they're purposefully keeping the buildings as small shops. I don't see them introducing a supermart especially when it would clash with a lot of islands. They could upgrade the inside, but I think what's more likely is that they just update the inventory. Even getting rid of the island specific variants would help a lot. It'd be nice to walk in and see something new to buy.

I saw somewhere that when they said “last free major update” they meant they’d still do small ones. Maybe a shop upgrade could be classified as a small one if it’s just that and nothing else? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yesterday, Nintendo reiterated that 2.0 is the last major free update and HHP will be the one and only paid DLC. Essentially, the mood from the interview was that they are dropping major support for the game after 11/5. I don’t think we can expect anything more from updates other than holiday unlocks and maybe a few items, similar to the past several months. If the nook upgrade isn’t in 2.0, it is not coming.

Yesterday, Nintendo reiterated that 2.0 is the last major free update and HHP will be the one and only paid DLC. Essentially, the mood from the interview was that they are dropping major support for the game after 11/5. I don’t think we can expect anything more from updates other than holiday unlocks and maybe a few items, similar to the past several months. If the nook upgrade isn’t in 2.0, it is not coming.
Oh really?? Oh man, well so much for that. Wasn’t there an interview a while back from someone saying they wanted to support NH for years to come or did I make that up? Kind of sucks that this is it.

Oh really?? Oh man, well so much for that. Wasn’t there an interview a while back from someone saying they wanted to support NH for years to come or did I make that up? Kind of sucks that this is it.
basically they said was they hoped they could make an update that kept players coming back for 2 or 3 years.

They said they "want to make sure that in two years or three years down the road, players will still continue to find new surprises in the game. we hope to create an update that you can do that with.”

People misconstrued that to mean they were going to update it for 2 to 3 years.

People heard other people saying that the game was going to get 2 or 3 years of updates and started repeating it.
Then people started dropping the 2 or 3 years part, just making it 3 years.

And then it just got to the point where everyone thought nintendo said they were going to update the game for 3 years when they never actually said that.

I'm not understanding why it wasn't revealed either for the same reasons you said; the datamine and the traditional shop upgrades we get with every single AC game. Either NH is really strewing away from traditional AC features or it's hidden away and will be "unlocked" in the future. Disappointing, but I can deal with it. RIP Gracie...

I posted this in another thread a while back, so I hope I don't sound like a broken record, but the Nintendo leaker who has been right on most everything else (source) believes a shop upgrade is coming. This is obviously not guaranteed, as the feature could have been cut, but this person has been the most credible source in terms of what the developers have been working on.

Here's the tweet on a Nook's upgrade:

Here's the tweet on this being the last update:

Back