• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

One missing piece of the 2.0 puzzle.

I would be pleasantly surprised if there was a nooks upgrade hidden in this update. If not, it simply comes down to whether or not Nintendo would consider a nooks upgrade a "major update" or not.

I highly doubt it tbh. If there was one, it would’ve been mentioned in the direct. I'm guessing how things will work is Nook's Cranny will add the new furniture from the update to the furniture rotation. Meaning it's a toss up whether they carry new items or not for the day, compared to the DLC shop which will always carry new items. Only real way the "rare furniture" statement from the direct makes sense. I'm guessing they want to keep Nook's Cranny's selection limited to encourage you to buy the DLC.

A shop upgrade would be nice but I feel like if the exterior of the shop were to get any bigger it would be so out of place for something that is on a remote island. Personally I don't think it's going to be in the update since they didn't announce it and I feel like they would have because a shop upgrade is kind of a major thing (to me, anyway).

If they could keep the exterior small and tasteful while upgrading the shop to have a second level or something, I think that would be cool. Hopefully maybe someday it could come in a future minor update, or at the very least they should have Gracie Grace get her own little RV thing..

I’m still wondering what the market03 is in the datamine, but I honestly don’t see there being any surprises Nintendo didn’t show. Obviously they would want to show everything and had there been an upgrade, I don’t think Nintendo would have just avoided mentioning it. The game is heavily focused on crafting and not purchasing items from a store. I don’t think a random shop upgrade is likely considering how much they’re pushing for customization and crafting. Besides, if the Nook shop were to get an upgrade I think that’d mess with islands. It would force people to change their town if it suddenly got bigger and took up more tiles on the ground. Unless the shop upgrade were optional, in which case, I don’t think there’d be much of a point anyway.

There's a few things they didn't mention in the trailer. Like some have speculated that the trees were fruitless and they didn't want to reveal possibly new tropical fruit. Or how they mentioned there would be more produce you could farm. So who knows what else may be hiding for us to discover. We'll find out next Thursday evening.

Okay I had to give it more thought but here is a list of things that they didn't show in the AC direct that has me worried:

1. Bulk crafting/Quantity Selection
2. Shop Upgrades
3. Tool breaking improvements.
4. Gracie Grace, Pelly, Pete, and Phyllis
5. Tropical Fruits (Bananas, Grapes, Lychee, Mango, Lemons, and Durians)

I know there is that hope that they are hidden away in the update and we have to play it to discover it, but what really worries me is if they haven't added to the game yet. I haven't seen any datamine leaks that suggest that if any of this in the game, but I am still crossing my fingers that they will add this considering this is the "last free major" update.

Considering we've had multiple shop upgrades in every other game title, im shocked we wernt getting them from release! And considering they left a ‘corridor’ in the corner by the till, i thought we could maybe get a upstairs upgrade? 😔

I don't like crafting, I don't like looking for DIYS I've always hated crafting in video games and Animal Crossing doesn't change that, in fact it's such a slog to actually craft anything anyways. I have barely any non craftable furniture anyway, it really really needs a shop upgrade....

Back