My Melody Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Kaleidoclover
Pink Candy
Orange Candy
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
1592698222741.png

Welcome to Kapalua, my Disney–themed island!

As you explore the island, meet friendly faces such as Jasmine, Tiana, and Moana. There are Disney references around every corner!

I’ll be hosting more events and want to catalog my progress. Check below for pictures of what I’m working on!

Feel free to like and comment, that's why I'm sharing :)

Last edited:
1604856152353.png

I didn't begin my island with the intent of creating a Disney themed paradise. My fiancé and I were supposed to get married in August 2020, but we had to cancel the ceremony and our honeymoon to Kapalua, Hawaii. When I got New Horizons, I was pretty sad and figured naming my island after the real one would bring some fun and happiness. At first, not much thought went into my house placements, and I didn't really care who moved in. Overall, I was super overwhelmed - there were so many options to explore! I remember turning on a Disney movie, probably Aladdin, to relax. All the sudden the thought struck me. I wanted to pay homage to all the amazing movies I grew up watching INSIDE of a game that I grew up playing!
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 11.24.12 AM.png

(Kapalua, April 2020)

I really fell in love with hunting for great custom designs made by talented people across the world - a Chesire cat here, a really great Maui outfit there, and I was "hooked"! Because the Disney areas were starting to really take shape, I thought of the worst idea ever - moving all the villager houses into a line across the center of the island. This certainly gave me more room in the Disney areas, but it also created a divided feeling to the island for awhile. I also knew I needed to branch out in terms of the shops/Museum being in the front part of the island. It was at this point I knew I had to make some changes. To the internet I went...
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 11.24.23 AM.png

(Kapalua, May 2020)

I decided to use software I found online to plan out the changes I wanted to make. It was also around this time that I went through all of the villagers and pulled names that were directly and indirectly attached to the Disney universe. Thus, my dreamie list was born!

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 11.51.51 AM.png

(Kapalua's Blueprint, June 2020)

I slowly started my make the changes - first to the shop/NPC buildings. Bringing those important stops to the back half of my island made it feel more welcoming. I also tried to start moving the houses to the outer corners of the map. I was no where near choosing those placements yet!

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 11.24.32 AM.png

(Kapalua, July 2020)

By the time August rolled around, I just got too overwhelmed. I also adopted my first fur-baby irl, so my time was pretty much consumed elsewhere....

In October, my fairy godmother (aka my sister) told me about the cool, new Halloween items that were released. I knew I was going to have a Villain area (how could I not with villager names like Hans, Gaston, and Ursala?!) so the new items intrigued me. I picked the game up as if I never left and with a new hunger to start finding more dreamies. At this point, all of the villager houses are where they should be. My layout is set (for now) so all that's left to do is start hunting!!

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 11.24.44 AM.png

(Kapalua, today)

Last edited:
1604855979938.png

My dream for Kapalua is to house villagers with Disney character names. That dream has finally come true!

- Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
- Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
- Buzz (Toy Story)
- Flora (Sleeping Beauty)
- Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
- Hans (Frozen)
- Olaf (Frozen)
- Ursala (Little Mermaid)

- Wendy (Peter Pan)
- Winnie (Winnie the Pooh)

1604855797251.png

Flora (Sleeping Beauty)
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 12.10.19 PM.png

"Flora" is featured in Sleeping Beauty, as one of the fairies (Fauna too). She is just precious. You can find her always zooming around the Sleeping Beauty cafe - it must be all the coffee she and Aurora are drinking ! She was the first official Disney Villager on Kapalua :)

Hans (Frozen)
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 12.11.14 PM.png

Hans is the "bad guy" in Frozen. He relocated to Kapalua and even has frozen furniture. The Villains have their dark section of the island, so you can find Hans there!

Ursala (The Little Mermaid)
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 12.12.07 PM.png

Ursala is the Villain in The Little Mermaid. Ursala sleeps in every morning and is always crafting in her Ironwood lair. She lives close to Hans in the Northern Woods. You can find her pet eels, Flotsam and Jetsam, in her potion brewing area too!

Buzz (Toy Story)
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 1.24.14 PM.png

Buzz was a pleasant surprise on one of my Dreamie hunts. He shares a name with the Toy Story main character and has been a nice addition to Kapalua. He takes the place of Hopper's gruff personality. I have grown to appreciate his house's interior - im going to add some toys too!

Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 12.09.07 PM.png

Aurora moved to Kapalua just prior to Halloween 2020. She shares her name with Sleeping Beauty herself, so she was a very exciting find! I hope she and Flora get along as well as they do in the fairytale! She is very sweet and I can't wait to get to know her a bit more!

Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 3.07.20 PM.png

Alice stumbled down a rabbit hole and into Kapalua in November of 2020. She enjoys wandering through the maze in front of her house and drinking tea with her buddy, the Chesire Cat! Don't leave any cake around - she has a sweet tooth!

Wendy (Peter Pan)
Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 1.18.13 PM.png

Wendy was the next villager to choose Kapalua as their home! She arrived in early January 2021 after a 107 NMT hunt. She is adorable and her house is so cozy. She has a puppy plush representing her dog "Nana" and always has some tea brewing, in typical English fashion.

Olaf (Frozen)
Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 11.46.29 AM.png

Olaf was found after a longggg hunt! He was definitely worth the week-long wait. I love his flair and passion, similar to the real Disney Olaf. He and Hans are both smug villagers and it's interesting that they happen to both be named after characters from Frozen. They are different in look and personality, which makes me happy!

Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 11.53.00 AM.png

Gaston was a reward for my last hunt being so long, because he was found after only 77 NMT tickets! It was such a relief and i'm very happy to report that he is comfortably settling into the Villain area with Hans and Ursala! I'm glad to have a true cranky around again (RIP HOPPER) because Buzz is not super cranky (which im happy about) and definitely seems younger in age than I thought!

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 12.59.39 PM.png

Winnie was the final addition to Kapalua! We are so excited that she moved into the Hundred Acre Wood! She enjoys honey and picnics! She is so sweet and really enjoys smelling the flowers around her house. I think she really balances out the personalities on the island. I couldn't be happier to have her on-board!

Past Residents:
- Katt, Alli, Peggy, Savannah, Benedict, Kyle, Miranda, Samson, Skye, Merengue, Puddles, Hopper, Snake

Honorable Dreamie Mentions:
- Eugene (Tangled), Coco (Coco), Doc (Snow White), Hopper (A Bug's Life)

1594416889668.png

Eventually, every Disney area on Kapalua will be paired with its own specific K.K. Slider song. See below to find out what's playing on hidden recorders around the island.

Tiana's Place: K.K. Ragtime
Coco's Concert Hall: Mariachi K.K.
Moana's Motonui: Surfin' K.K.
Toy Story's Toybox: K.K. Western
Aurora's SleepyTime Cafe: Stale Cupcakes
Cinderella's Sewing Shop: Wandering
Lilo's Luau: Aloha K.K
Ratatiolle's Restaurant: K.K. Etude
Alice's Birthday Tea Party: Teacup ride music (whoops, I cheated)
Belle's Library/Rose Garden: I Love You
Jane's Jungle Study: K.K. Safari
Neverland: K.K. Lullaby
Wreck-It Ralph's Arcade: Go K.K. Rider
Mulan's Warrior Blossom Temple: Spring Blossoms
Arendale's Shops:
Stale Cupcakes
Merida's Archery Range: Lucky K.K
Rapuzel's Crafting Corner: K.K. Stroll
Snow White's Meadow: Forest Life
Nemo's Cove: Surfin' K.K.
Pocahontas' Camp Site: K.K. Condor
Esmerelda's Magic Shop: K.K. Milonga
Ariel's Market: Aloha K.K.

Villain area has K.K. Dirge playing throughout.

Last edited:
This cafe area is so nice to look at! Everytime I look at it I see another little detail 🥰
Thank you so much!! If you think of any other ideas I’m all ears!

EDIT: Looking at the actual picture, I need To get myself a white espresso maker 😱

A0266F6F-1FFC-4641-9C92-AD899355D1FD.jpeg

The Diving Update was much needed for Nemo’s Beach (Moana’s Surf Shop too)!

I’ve been searching for pearls - it’s soo hard >< I LOVE the mermaid furniture!

Let me know your thoughts on the update below :)

Your Disney areas look AMAZING so far! I especially love your color choices. I am excited to see more! :)

View attachment 283392

The Diving Update was much needed for Nemo’s Beach (Moana’s Surf Shop too)!

I’ve been searching for pearls - it’s soo hard >< I LOVE the mermaid furniture!

Let me know your thoughts on the update below :)
Do you still need extra pearls? 😄 I don't really plan to make any of the mermaid furniture and would love to donate the 10 extra I have to help out!

Do you still need extra pearls? 😄 I don't really plan to make any of the mermaid furniture and would love to donate the 10 extra I have to help out!
Omg that would be AMAZING! Thank you! Work has been a bit busier (boo) so I haven’t had as much time to search. Would love to show you around, if you have time, as well! PM me when you’re online :)

Back after a few days of non AC fun! I’m glad to have taken a break, now I’m more excited than ever to finish up Kapalua!

In honor of the Wave 1 summer event, I wanted to share Pocahontas’ campsite on my journal, as well.

9F8F4FE0-808B-475A-89E5-24639CB6B8F5.jpeg

273D52C4-FCE4-4761-9CA2-FD0586234EEE.jpeg

Kapalua has been under construction recently! I’m hoping to re-open the island soon, with some major changes added!

Updates:
- As I now have few dreamies, I thought it time to start renovating my island. I previously had the houses in one line across the middle of the island. Now the Disney characters will start moving into their respective Disney areas!

- Buzz has arrived on the island! I totally forgot he was option, and was happily surprised during a dreamie hunt! The Toy Story area has been moved to accommodate his house!

- Raymond has left the building - I sold him for a whopping 325 NMT on Nookazon. I needed the high price, as I haven’t been lucky in finding my dreamies.

- Puddles (ugh) has randomly moved in after I used 70 NMT during a hunt with no luck. If you’re interested in adopting let me know.

- The Villain area will now be expanded!

Happy to be back and excited to share my progress.

Back