OMG, I'm scared...

HA! Been there done that. The only reason I got the gamecube was for animal crossing! ahahahaha. Good times......

Buying a Wii JUST to play ACCF? No. That's asking if ACCF is worth...what, $300? And that it is not. It's barely worth $50. It has very little new content. If we look at the three AC titles as three different versions of the same game...ACCF might be the best, but personally I think ACGCN could compete with it, maybe even beat it. ACWW had more new content than ACCF...the lack of new content really is ridiculous. And there are plenty of bad things about it, despite what fanboys might rant. You can only have one town per wii, the house goes back to being GCN size, it keeps the same hourly music from WW, you can only hold four emotions, the villager intelligence seems diminished, the city is really nothing but a compilation of the former hourly visitors and hurts the game more than it helps it by taking away the excitement they brought...if you played the first two AC games, I really do not see ACCF being worth buying a whole Wii just for it.

Now if you can enjoy other titles on the Wii, then yeah, I'd recommend buying it. The Wii is pretty barren of good titles, though...good games come out very rarely for it nowadays. Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy are both very good games, and if you haven't played Zelda: Twilight Princess (it's on GCN as well, though), you need to. It's an AMAZING game. Plus some of the motion control games, like Wii Sports, are actually pretty fun, and you have to keep in mind that other Nintendo titles like Pikmin will be coming to the Wii eventually.

So it's really down to your feelings on the Wii...I would not recommend buying the Wii just for Animal Crossing: City Folk, but if you can buy the Wii for the Wii, and buy City Folk afterwards, it's worth it. Personally I think the 360 is a much better (and cheaper, now) system than the Wii because it has a much larger library and good games still come out for a it a lot, but that's up to your preference. The 360 has a much wider variety of games than the X Box had. I enjoy the 360 but I love Nintendo's many franchises as well, so I have both systems, but I'll just tell you that I find myself playing the 360 and buying new titles for the 360 a lot more, because there are more new titles to buy...again, though, it's about what you like. Look at the games for the systems and decide which one you would rather invest your money in...the point is do NOT buy a system just for one game. No game is worth 300 dollars. Make sure your investment pays off for a long time.

Oh, also, if you do get a Wii, Super Paper Mario is a very good game, as well.

Also, I realize that as an Animal Crossing forum this may be very hostile territory towards anyone that plays the 360...I was just expressing my opinion and trying to help someone think about all of the possibilities. I don't intend on wasting my time arguing with any Nintendo fanboys, so don't bother...I grew up with Nintendo, I love Nintendo, I just don't think the Wii is a very good system.

UltraByte said:
The Wii is really pulling for a casual audience right now. If you're a person who likes random games where you sit and poke things, go ahead and get the Wii.
There are games where you just sit and poke things?! PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR THAT, KAY THNX!

Back on topic, I'd go and get the wii. Not only can you buy games from the video game store but you can download stuff, surf the net ect. It's tons of fun. Plus you can put your wii mote in a light saber then and wack stuff =D WHO DOESN'T LOVE THAT?! Nintendo rocks, and AC:CF rocks too. I'd go for it, plus you can play all your game cube games on your wii ^^

~*Nobody*~ said:
UltraByte said:
The Wii is really pulling for a casual audience right now. If you're a person who likes random games where you sit and poke things, go ahead and get the Wii.
There are games where you just sit and poke things?! PLEASE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR THAT, KAY THNX!
Almost every game coming out for the Nintendo Wii is like this. Boom Blox was like this, except it actually held my interest for the week that I rented it because it was a puzzle game, and it was fun to set up my own course.

I like how you were totally serious about my post too.

ACCF is a great game and also there are more nice games but evry 1 whos saying that ACCF sucks its cuz theyre jealous that is a cool game x3

UltraByte said:
Yay for ignorant video game freaks.

The Wii is not just for families. Look at MadWorld, Conduit, and Manhunt (Rockstar's porting GTAIV to the Wii too). Those are filled with violence and gore. The 360 isn't just mindless violence, it has it's share of kid-ish games like Viva Pinata and the Lego ____ series.

Besides, if you even have seen the first few video games, they were designed for adults in mind.

Okay, back to the topic. If you're getting a system just for one game, you're going to waste a ton of money. The Wii is really pulling for a casual audience right now. If you're a person who likes random games where you sit and poke things, go ahead and get the Wii. If you want games that appeal to more modern and core gamers, look into a 360. If you're a hardcore gamer, upgrade your PC.
We're just basing each system based on the average of commercial titles for it. Xbox360 is mostly bloody FPS, and Wii is mostly innovative, quirky games.

Khengi said:
UltraByte said:

The Wii is not just for families. Look at MadWorld, Conduit, and Manhunt (Rockstar's porting GTAIV to the Wii too). Those are filled with violence and gore. The 360 isn't just mindless violence, it has it's share of kid-ish games like Viva Pinata and the Lego ____ series.

Besides, if you even have seen the first few video games, they were designed for adults in mind.

Okay, back to the topic. If you're getting a system just for one game, you're going to waste a ton of money. The Wii is really pulling for a casual audience right now. If you're a person who likes random games where you sit and poke things, go ahead and get the Wii. If you want games that appeal to more modern and core gamers, look into a 360. If you're a hardcore gamer, upgrade your PC.
We're just basing each system based on the average of commercial titles for it. Xbox360 is mostly bloody FPS, and Wii is mostly innovative, quirky games.
Stereotyping is so much fun... ugh.

Look beyond the label.

Actualy, some things are right here. The 360 has more good games then the wii, if you have xbox live, otherwise the wii seems better to me. Now I would defienatly get both if I could, and I would proably buy more 360 games, so meh I guess its really up to you. Bottom Line for me though: ACCF is a good game, but don't buy a wii just for that. Get some games like Super Smash Brothers Brawl, LOZ: Twilight Princess, Mariokart Wii, and Super Mario Galaxy.

Khengi said:
UltraByte said:

Absolutely not true, that's a pathetic stereotype believed solely by people that have never opened their mind to any other company. The X Box I'll admit didn't have very many good games besides Halo, but the 360 is completely different, maybe because the PS3 pretty much failed so all the games are going to the 360 now. The 360 has amazing FPS, yes, like Halo (and Halo really is a great game, with a great storyline), Gears of War, and Fallout 3 (absolute masterpiece). It also has great real-time strategy games like Command and Conquer and, soon, Halo Wars. Then there are RPGs, which it is getting more and more of...Eternal Sonata comes to mind first, that game was brilliant. Then there's Final Fantasy 13 (obviously not out yet, but will be), Enchanted Arms, Blue Dragon, Elveon, Lost Odyssey, the list goes on...360, in my opinion, now has more amazing RPGs than it does FPS. Then there's Fable 2 and Oblivion, if you like those kinds of RPGs, and I think a new Banjo Kazooie just came out...there is a ton of stuff to play on the 360, a wide variety, something for everyone, not just FPS. That argument was weak against the X Box and it is completely delusional now.

if you like the last 2 you will LOVE this 1 it's the best out f them >.<

ok so people have just been saying what the worst part of the game is... which i dont think is true... people have been saying that the city was a let down but most of them still really like the game... let me tell you something i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove this game.

The city actually sounds pretty interesting, I like the new places to go like the auction house, the fact that you can visit the HRA and I'm really happy about the Resetti Control Center, I just don't think the city by any means qualifies as great new content...and I'll really miss the visitors to the town. Of course there will still be Saharah and Windel, I think.

Is gulliver still in the game?

It really depends i mean if you have enjoyed nintendo products before chances are you will enjoy the wii i do mostly because of all the franchises but xbox defiantly dominates online its not that big of a deal for me because i like campaign much more i have both systems and i play the xbox when i want to play with friends and what not and play the wii to get a brake from all the dark 360 games cuz it can get a little annoying.

Buy a Wii, Brawl, CF, and Galaxy. The best part is that the wii can play GCN classics.

Even if there are bad things about the game, believe me, I'm probably one of the people who said them!
STILL, you should buy the game, because even with it's flaws, it's great. It's WORTH every penny. Just wish they weren't so lazy...

coffeebean! said:
Ok, so I wanted to buy animal crossing city folk and a wii for christmas, because I have neither. Well, I've been hearing so many negative things about city folk. It's starting to scare me. And many things about wiis sucking. So, now it's your turn. Do you really think it's worth it? Like buying a wii just to play AC:CF? Or do you think I'll just be wasting a good $300? (omg please convince me it's worth it :( )
made ur mind yet? xD

Back