• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Old Pokemon General(RIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTUg58oCEAAO8HE.jpg:large

Neat

Charizard is awesome! But now hes even more awesome~ :3

I think Blastoise looks pretty cool... And I'm pretty sure you get the Kanto starters at the beginning of the game. Didn't they say that in the Pokemon Direct?

Last edited:
I think Mega Blastoise looks cool, too.
And I don't think they mentioned anything about when you get the starters. All I remember is that Sycamore gives them to you.

I think it was definitely implied by the fact that the new professor gives them to you. And they emphasized the fact that you get both starters. My guess is it's at the beginning.

Take into consideration that they'll also be distributing a Torchic via Wi-Fi, and you could have half your team filled with starters.

Though as awesome it'd be to have Chespin, Squirtle, and Torchic all together, I'll probably avoid using the older starters so I can give the newer Pokemon a chance first.

Take into consideration that they'll also be distributing a Torchic via Wi-Fi, and you could have half your team filled with starters.

Though as awesome it'd be to have Chespin, Squirtle, and Torchic all together, I'll probably avoid using the older starters so I can give the newer Pokemon a chance first.
I'm totally using Fennekin, if I can get my hands on a Mudkip and Bulbasaur. :3
I'll be happy with those starters, although I prefer Charmander still over Fennekin.
I have no idea why... o_o? well nothing of good reason

why does nobody like grass starters :(

Theyre fugly. I like chespin tho.

And regarding pokemonshowdown kippla stated earlier, did anyone reach the top 10 ladder? i reached it like months ago in the nu tier with the alt 'realsea breaking' and 'theblueditto' and 'cameruption'

2ez man...

why does nobody like grass starters :(

Because Grass is irrefutably the worst typing in the game.

1) It's the type with the most types that resist it, double resistances to Grass are very common.
2) It's tied with rock for most weaknesses of any type.
3) There are much better type options for the types that it's strong against.
4) Of the most powerful Grass moves almost all have crippling drawbacks
5) The strong Grass moves that don't have crippling drawbacks are rare, and never on a Grass type with a good stat pool to properly utilize it. To make matters worse they cannot be bred into the grass types with stronger stat pools.
6) Nearly every single Grass type Pokemon has horrid Primary and Secondary move pools.

There are very very few Pokemon with a grass typing that are actually considered competitive, all of them fall into a support or wall role, in which there are better options outside of the grass type.

I think it was definitely implied by the fact that the new professor gives them to you. And they emphasized the fact that you get both starters. My guess is it's at the beginning.
You get the Kalos starters from I believe Tierno (in the Japanese stream's clips, he bends over the side of his chair at the end of the conversation with Sana/Shauna about getting her first pokemon). Sana/Shauna, opposite gender kid, and you get them, Tierno and Trevor already have their first pokemon. Kanto's are from the professor which is at least one town later, don't know if any other members of the quintet get the other two.

I intend to ditch the kanto starter. I don't like having multiple startermons on my team, it kinda cheapens the value they have in being my starter to me. And I don't like any of the kanto starters enough to replace my kalos starter with them (and I don't like any of their megas), so yeah. I'll pick them so that I can get all three without needing to reset much and don't need to transfer them forward to the bank for the dex, but I don't want to use them at all. Same goes for the torchic (even worse, that one has a different OT so you're kinda screwed at the beginning with it)

Think about this guys. We get 2 starters{3 if you get Torchic from the Mystery Gift} in X/Y. Nintendo isn't giving us extra starters to be nice, there's something fishy about it. This may be the challenge Pokemon fans have been awaiting for a long time, challenging enough to give us extra starters.

Maybe it's just their way of trying to hook the people who dropped the series in earlier generations.
I'd love for there to be more of a challenge during the main story, though. As long as that means better battle AI, rather than sudden level jumps or something.

True, but the game would be much too easy then. I think the battles will be tougher, and a more developed storyline.

Think about this guys. We get 2 starters{3 if you get Torchic from the Mystery Gift} in X/Y. Nintendo isn't giving us extra starters to be nice, there's something fishy about it. This may be the challenge Pokemon fans have been awaiting for a long time, challenging enough to give us extra starters.

That would be awesome, an upped difficulty rating in Pokemon.

Personally I won't be using the previous gen starters so I can enjoy the game anew (at least in my first playthrough). I'm really tempted to get 2 games, one to start over a lot and the other as my main game.

I hope this will be more of a challenge~ :3 although with my first adventure on figuring out mega evolutions... it might be a big challenge. ^_^; I'm not a very good pokemon trainer... I need some expert help. :(

New **** such as pokemon, megas and started evos. Too lazy to link but this is pretty much what you missed...

Chespin + pignite = chespin evo

Fennekin evo =
Renamon_t.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back