• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Official TBT Mafia General Thread - Game Types/Bans/Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else interested in a game of Mafia with a Cult Leader. Like it doesn't even have to have a Mafia Team, it can just have the Town and the Cult Leader.

Cult Leader picks up one person every night to add to their Cult. Once their cult outnumbers Town they win, but if the leader dies, the cult can't get any larger, though, it can still win. Cult members won't necessarily have to know their leader or other cult members.

Town has to completely get rid of the cult.

Is anyone else interested in a game of Mafia with a Cult Leader. Like it doesn't even have to have a Mafia Team, it can just have the Town and the Cult Leader.

Cult Leader picks up one person every night to add to their Cult. Once their cult outnumbers Town they win, but if the leader dies, the cult can't get any larger, though, it can still win. Cult members won't necessarily have to know their leader or other cult members.

Town has to completely get rid of the cult.

Despite how long this would be...

Obviously it would be Mini-Mafia, so 15 players, it'd take less than 7 nights for a Cultist to win. Plus, there shouldn't be much debate on actions, so nights would end early almost always.

Oh.
Well, this is assuming the Cult Leader isn't killed first, nor any of the Cultists dying at all.

I like the idea, but you may need some kind of sneaky balancing to ensure the game isn't over on the very first day if the Cult Leader dies first off like Blu Rose said. (that's not really any fun for anyone) Maybe designate a secret player to become Cult Leader if the original dies within the first 2 days or something. Added your game to the potential list though, I'd like to play it.

I like the idea, but you may need some kind of sneaky balancing to ensure the game isn't over on the very first day if the Cult Leader dies first off like Blu Rose said. (that's not really any fun for anyone) Maybe designate a secret player to become Cult Leader if the original dies within the first 2 days or something. Added your game to the potential list though, I'd like to play it.

I was thinking that maybe the game would start out with both a Cult Leader and a Cult Member(or whatever they'll be called) so if the Cult Leader dies within the first Day/Night Cycle, that member will be promoted to Cult Leader. I'm open to alternative ideas as well.

Obviously night kills will not be common in this game, so there won't be any big Day Posts or anything unless vig(s) shoot.

These ideas are pretty neat! I really need to start playing Mafia more often.

I might actually be interested in hosting a game, but I have yet to think of a theme/twist!

This should totally have a definition for "salt" or "salty".

Also, there should definitely be a mention of the ban list and being banned from games. Many games refer to it as using the "official" banlist. But Kuma was banned in Mini Mafia 2, but she was allowed to play in Mafia V.

Last edited:
I let Kuma play due to the effect she actually had on the entire game. Mafia was pretty much out the next day and it wasn't because of her.

Didn't honestly think it was worth excluding someone for something so little. Plus there was no indicated ban length in the thread.

It's always up to the host for whether or not they want to enforce the banlist. Putting the official banlist on this thread would be good, because then there would be a consistent central repository.

I'd be happy to host a game of Mafia (I'm sure we can all agree I can't play Mafia very well) and since my ban from MM is almost over (third game is coming up), I want to host a Pokemon themed Mafia. (Ash Ketchum is the Serial Killer, of course).

We are honored to be given your opinion, o great SockHead.

What, did you expect Ash to be Town?

That's why he needs to be the Serial Killer.

Espurr can be DT, her unblinking eyes staring into your soul to find out your alignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back