NSMBWii a slight annoyance.

Away236

Bells
I haven't yet got the game, but just hearing from my friend, he said that there a slight annoyance in the way the saves are arranged. According to him, you can only save once between a mid-castle, not even a save after every little map. I find that troublesome, it causes people to keep playing, and I don't know if I'm the only one, but when my parents tell me to stop, I have to stop immediately, and if I have to get to some mid-castle just to save, that's gonna get annoying.

That's how it was in the original Mario games, the levels aren't long, so it's not like it's that frustrating.

That's incorrect. You can save whenever you want. While it's true that you can only make a permanent save after defeating a boss, you can quick save at any time. The quick save is deleted when you play next, though. And after you beat the game, you can save whenever you want. Saving isn't a problem at all. But when your boyfriend accidentally hits the Reset button with his foot and makes you have to play through 5 levels all over again... XD But really, there's no annoyance at all.

Away236 said:
boyfriend? what the *censored.3.0*?

er, thanks anyway
I'm gay, do you have a problem with that?

Anyway, the only thing that gets frustrating in NSMBW is the FREAKING DIFFICULTY OF THE GAME!! XD But that's a good thing that it's so challenging, and makes it even more fun when playing with friends.

Tyeforce said:
Away236 said:

er, thanks anyway

Anyway, the only thing that gets frustrating in NSMBW is the FREAKING DIFFICULTY OF THE GAME!! XD But that's a good thing that it's so challenging, and makes it even more fun when playing with friends.
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII HAS DIFFICULTY!?!?!?!
Oh my god... there must be a god.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Away236 said:

er, thanks anyway

YES!!! AND IT'S *censored.3.0*ING HARD!! You haven't played it yet?! GET THE HELL OFF OF YOUR COMPUTER AND TO THE NEAREST VIDEO GAME RETAILER!!! XD

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Away236 said:

er, thanks anyway

YES!!! AND IT'S *censored.3.0*ING HARD!! You haven't played it yet?! GET THE HELL OFF OF YOUR COMPUTER AND TO THE NEAREST VIDEO GAME RETAILER!!! XD
I can't but, *tear drop*, I love Nintendo again.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Away236 said:

er, thanks anyway

Are you planning on getting it soon? I'd hurry before it's all sold out, lol. But, yeah, it's really challenging. The Koopalings are epic, too. But Lemmy is just plain creepy. XD SERIOUSLY, THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!! Andrew and I have been playing it nonstop the last two days (and we've died far too many times to count, it's that hard). It's a lot more fun when playing with other people, too.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Away236 said:

er, thanks anyway

DON'T GIVE IN, IT'S A TRAP FULL OF LIES AND DECEIT.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
Are you planning on getting it soon? I'd hurry before it's all sold out, lol. But, yeah, it's really challenging. The Koopalings are epic, too. But Lemmy is just plain creepy. XD SERIOUSLY, THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!! Andrew and I have been playing it nonstop the last two days (and we've died far too many times to count, it's that hard). It's a lot more fun when playing with other people, too.
If my mom can't afford a PS3 this christmas then i'm getting NSMBWii instead.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
If my mom can't afford a PS3 this christmas then i'm getting NSMBWii instead.
You're 16... Get a job! =D

Yeah, well your friend obviously hasn't played the classics. In the classics, you couldn't save until after a castle or a ghost house (in Super Mario World).

Lion Crossing said:
How can you expect people to know ridiculously long acronyms?!

:llama:
It's pretty obvious... What else could it be? Knowing that the game was just released in North America yesterday, it makes sense that it's being talked about. I'm sure you could put the pieces together yourself, or maybe you need some help.

Anyway, I just finished my Club Nintendo survey for the game. Here's what I wrote:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a masterpiece. It captures the essence of classic Mario games perfectly, with lots of nostalgia for seasoned gamers. It also provides tons of new features and enhancements to the series, and the multiplayer co-op is flawless and extremely fun. I daresay New Super Mario Bros. Wii is one of the greatest games ever made.

Lion Crossing said:
Everyone is addicted to the "Let me google that for you" thing... >_<
We're not addicted, we're just trying to make people like you learn to find things on your own.

Tyeforce said:
Lion Crossing said:
How can you expect people to know ridiculously long acronyms?!

:llama:
It's pretty obvious... What else could it be? Knowing that the game was just released in North America yesterday, it makes sense that it's being talked about. I'm sure you could put the pieces together yourself, or maybe you need some help.

Anyway, I just finished my Club Nintendo survey for the game. Here's what I wrote:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a masterpiece. It captures the essence of classic Mario games perfectly, with lots of nostalgia for seasoned gamers. It also provides tons of new features and enhancements to the series, and the multiplayer co-op is flawless and extremely fun. I daresay New Super Mario Bros. Wii is one of the greatest games ever made.
>best game ever
>not a Zelda game

NSMBWii is the hardest 2D Mario platformer that I've played. I actually brought up the green Super Guide block in world 3-3. Humiliating, I know. Challenge is good. Here's hoping Nintendo can keep it up.

Back