• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nostalgia anyone?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
Share you nostalgia stories for ac below! I would love to hear them as we all walk down memory lane : )

Last edited:
I remember I had a huge wave of nostalgia the moment I started playing AC:NL. The way they incorporated the train station from AC:pG got me so excited. Plus Rover came back!!! I loved him! Although I do miss Blanca and wish they had included her in the train station experience.

AC:GC is by far my favorite and always will be! So many memories and so much nostalgia....I had to dig out the game today and play it! I am playing it right now, just made a new town. The best part is the soundtrack...especially the songs late at night. <3

I got extremely lucky with my town..the layout is perfect (3 levels, cherry trees, circle grass) and most of my starter villagers are cats! I have Bob, Olivia, Tabby, and Tom!

Last edited:
I forgot where but all I remember is something about writing out codes to someone in-game and getting furniture. Oh man, when I found out about that I flipped my ish. AC:GC I would love to revisit someday.

I play it at least once a fortnight, only when my grandparents aren't home because they always have something to complain about if I'm playing a game.

We had two memory cards (actually we had 3 but my brother took it to his ex's one day and we never got it back), one town on each of them. When we first travelled to a new town, our original cranky villager Hopper moved into the other town. Thinking Hopper would never come back, I cried like a baby. XD I was about 10 at the time, a bit over dramatic haha.

I always stole my brothers rocket ship model he bought from Tom Nook for my own home. He would always get mad because it wasted his time putting it back in his.

I went into one off my friend's towns and they had teddy as one of their villagers. I had him previously in city folk but setting him in new leaf was awesome. One time my bro ripped him off at the flea market, selling him a shark for a lot more than it was worth and then buying it back from him for a lot less XD
Good times

Last edited:
I remember when I had a huge packet of codes I'd always tell to Nook... Jeez I need a life o.o

Wait AC is my life...

Yeah I was filled with nostalgia when the beginning of New Leaf was on the train with Rover (and he makes that comment about not having travelled like this since .. '02 was it?). Because I had only played the gamecube version before and we loved it in my neighborhood. It gave me the impression that every AC game started like that! Then I saw the one where Kapp'n is driving you and it looks so cute. I haven't played that one but I like to imagine that times were tough and he had to change occupations for a while to make ends meet and provide for his family, but in new leaf he finally gets to return to working with his true love, the sea.

I remember for the longest time I thought that Gabbi the rabbit was a boy when I started my first town. It wasn't until she called an outfit a dress that I realized.

Another thing I remember is playing in my head that my character was a spy and I'd have her sneak around at night to watch the villagers. I was weird.

I remember when I begged my cuzin to borrow ACGC 2 years later she wanted back but due to family probs (personal) she couldn't so to this day I still have it lol XD

Waking up at like 6 AM to play Animal Crossing for the Gamecube. I'd spend my whole day playing until it got too loud. So I played in the mornings and nights. I love the morning in Animal Crossing in general the most now.

My favorite memory is heckling Resetti, haha. He shut off my TV once & I was laughing my head off

As a kid there was more dilemma involved. Things like Wisp appearing were very surprising - the little visitors were all fun. I used to have a dilemma between selling a new rare fish for Bells or donating it to the Museum. The island was a more involved process to get to but still fun. The real-time system was very impressive for the times and when I was young at that. Paying off debt was also pretty fun in its own way, especially when money was generally harder to come across on the GCN.

Whenever I hear Wild World's 1AM music, I start to tear up. I remember when I was 13 years old and my favourite villager Mint, moved away. I started up my game at 1AM and I got her moving letter.

;_________;

Back