• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

When you invite a new villager to move in and boot a current resident out, the one leaving will be in boxes immediately and the invitee will move in the very next day. And it'll be somewhat random where they will plop down their house. But it seems that you can actually influence it. I don't have it all down, so you should search for info if this is important to you. All I know is that they're less likely to place their house on designs and I think also flowers. I was lucky (?) and got Chai to place her house (resets, of course) in the exact spot I had cleared for her (flowers removed and designs placed around the 3x3 space I wanted).

Thanks. I didn't know the boxes thing happened immediately. My ears perked up when melsi mentioned them going in the exact spot, but I guess that's not guaranteed.

My only candidate is Flora and I feel bad about doing it. I would have to replace her with a peppy, and only Ketchup seems like a good candidate. But, I'll probably just leave it alone.

if someone is plotting in your town can you still scan an amiibo and put someone in boxes? Or do you have to wait until the new villager is out of boxes?

- - - Post Merge - - -

does anybody know what exactly the chances are of an amiibo villager plotting exactly where the old house was? Katt's house is in an awful spot and I'm trying to decide if I should kick her out via amiibo or let her move naturally.

Also I'm answering my own question here, bc I yesterday I kicked Graham out for Skye, and I'm currently plot resetting and she's set down everywhere but where his house was.

if someone is plotting in your town can you still scan an amiibo and put someone in boxes? Or do you have to wait until the new villager is out of boxes?

Yes! You can still scan an amiibo, invite the next and put another villager in boxes even if someone had just plotted.

Well, unless you plan to move out the villager who just plotted. In that case, you need to wait until they're out of boxes to move them out.

Besides the WiiU and 3DS, do any of the Nintendo items unlock mini-games? I noticed in a video that Hopkins comes with a Gameboy and a Disk Writer. Are they functional or just decoration?

Besides the WiiU and 3DS, do any of the Nintendo items unlock mini-games? I noticed in a video that Hopkins comes with a Gameboy and a Disk Writer. Are they functional or just decoration?

Only the 3ds and the Wii U unlock minigames. Unfortunately the gameboy and the disk writer or just for decoration

does anybody know what exactly the chances are of an amiibo villager plotting exactly where the old house was? Katt's house is in an awful spot and I'm trying to decide if I should kick her out via amiibo or let her move naturally.

Probably a good chance. First it was bill on mine then curt then a year later chief than another year later chief and then finally cherry. Also it wears down a little bit every time you move them out in that exact spot. Like if chief moved in then moved out cherry would have had a harder time moving there.

Probably a good chance. First it was bill on mine then curt then a year later chief than another year later chief and then finally cherry. Also it wears down a little bit every time you move them out in that exact spot. Like if chief moved in then moved out cherry would have had a harder time moving there.

That's odd, because I kicked out Katt with Diana and she plotted pretty much everywhere but where Katt's house was. Same thing when I kicked out Graham for Skye.

Mine rarely move in on the exact spot.
Even less now that villagers don't move on top of patterns.
Just drop a pattern where the old villager was, then invite them in :)

When you select the 'give me something' option with wisp for a normal villager do you get their picture the first time you ask like you do with a special character?

No. I didn't feel like messing with an RV camper the other day, so I asked Ike (I think) to give me something and got a stupid patchwork lamp. It was the first time I'd used the option.

Not sure if this was asked before.

For the objectives that you complete and get MEOW coupons for - anyone know if these objectives actually affect luck in this game? Almost every single time I get an objective that asks me to catch some super rare fish, I go to look for it and find it within a minute or two of looking. I don't know if it's just my own personal luck/coincidence though.

Ack, I didn't realize that there was a limit on the number of items you can buy from a visiting NPC... bummer ;A;

Back