• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

I'm curious as to what might happen if you cover your entire town with patterns while only having 9 villagers. Will this prevent any new residents from plotting?

Also I got a cute little Dachshund Ornament from a fortune cookie today. I remember reading someone else got a chihuahua so I'm really hoping there's a Labrador to complete the Ninendogs trilogy! There might be more come to think of it, but I just remember Chihuahua, Dachshund, and Labrador to be the main titles.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to what might happen if you cover your entire town with patterns while only having 9 villagers. Will this prevent any new residents from plotting?

Also I got a cute little Dachshund Ornament from a fortune cookie today. I remember reading someone else got a chihuahua so I'm really hoping there's a Labrador to complete the Ninendogs trilogy! There might be more come to think of it, but I just remember Chihuahua, Dachshund, and Labrador to be the main titles.

I would assume that it would keep the adopted villager (or streetpassed) on hold until room was made?

I'm assuming this will just override the code that doesn't let it set in paths.

Welp someone on tumblr said sanrio villagers aren't adoptable. Well there's goes everyone's hopes who want to adopt them from others. Though I still want to see if anyone else can completely confirm that.

Welp someone on tumblr said sanrio villagers aren't adoptable. Well there's goes everyone's hopes who want to adopt them from others. Though I still want to see if anyone else can completely confirm that.

Someone has screenshot talking to a Sanrio character in their RV and you can ask them to move in and I just dreamt a town that had a few moved in.

Someone has screenshot talking to a Sanrio character in their RV and you can ask them to move in and I just dreamt a town that had a few moved in.

I know you're able to do that, but what I was saying was you can't put them in boxes and have someone from another town adopt them :/

Small little detail I just realized was added: You can sit in the seat of a RV and honk the horn to shock whoever is inside.

One of my weekly tasks is to donate art to the museum. I find this rather annoying since Redd rarely appears for me and I have only a few pieces missing. I really doubt I'll be able to complete it.

Small little detail I just realized was added: You can sit in the seat of a RV and honk the horn to shock whoever is inside.

Nat's shocked face is a little weird imho
. It's slightly uncanny since all the other characters look cartoony (not that Nat's doesn't, it just looks like a different kind of cartoony,) and he looks more like he's out of Courage the Cowardly Dog haha.

Last edited:
If someone has a villager move into their town via amiibo card, can you adopt that villager from that person when they go to move out?

(So say if someone uses a card to move Tom into their town, can I adopt Tom from that person?)

A very small difference, but the new logo for the game doesn't have the "welcome to" part anymore.

Does anyone know the exact date for the amiibo cards?

I have a very organized town, im wondering where these RVs are gonna set up shop. i keep my game offline all the time to avoid random stuff. but i really like the idea behind this.

Back