• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Anyone know if the new villagers give you their picture? I'd love to have some of the old ACGC and e+ villagers in my town, but if they don't give out pictures I'd rather not bother.

Uhh... Anyone think Toon Link and Sheik will be restocked?

Ended up splurging and buying both Amiibo Festival for Wii U, and Happy Home designer, just to get the nfc reader and the Isabelle and Digby Amiibo, and 3 cards. Altogether spent a little less than $50, but if I had just gotten those things without the games, would have been around $40.

Does anyone know how to scan special characters(like tom nook) and have them be in the campground. When I scan them it just says ask for an item.

Does anyone know how to scan special characters(like tom nook) and have them be in the campground. When I scan them it just says ask for an item.

Scanning special character cards only gets you their picture. To get the special characters in the campground, you need to get the amiibo figures of them.

Anyone know if the new villagers give you their picture? I'd love to have some of the old ACGC and e+ villagers in my town, but if they don't give out pictures I'd rather not bother.

I would think so since everyone including NPCs has a picture now. I can't wait to get Wolf Link's and put it in my center room. <3

Last edited:
Is there a list somewhere of which villagers have come back? Was wondering if Dobie actually came back.

I read somewhere that we can buy MOEW coupons... How can I do this?

I don't believe you can, or at least I haven't found any such option, but it does work the other way around. At the ABD, there's a new option to exchange coupons for bells, and you'll get 3k per coupon.

I read somewhere that we can buy MOEW coupons... How can I do this?

You can sell the coupons for bells but I don't think you can buy MEOW coupons ...But if you use an Amiibo with Wisp every day he gives you a few coupons every time you use the magic lamp, which is nice.

As stupid as this question may seem, it's actually very important to me and my frustrated decorative plans, so please someone answer me! :) Just to know if this update of the game resolves any of those frustrations...

There are some furniture that look like you could put things on them, but you actually can't (like dressers, short wardrobes or libraries). Can someone check this out for me, please? Ones that I remember right now were the mush closet, spooky bookcase (pumpkin series), and regal dresser. Thanks in advance! :)

Cabana dresser, confirmed to work now!
Kitchen island, confirmed yes!
Exotic chest, confirmed yes!
Gorgeous chest, confirmed not...
Blue bookcase, confirmed yes!
Sweets dresser, confirmed not...
Picnic table, confirmed not...
Patchwork dresser, confirmed not...
Sweets player, confirmed to stay on ground despite being a 1x1 item :mad:

Also, is the yut board/B] still too big to be put on something, like the sweets player?

Back