• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

Dress.jpg

Hmm... Something about that dress seems familiar...

EDIT: And I think I found the answer!

Lip.jpg

Kudos for referencing one of the most obscure Nintendo characters, Nintendo! :)

Attachments

• Games.jpg
    Games.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
As stupid as this question may seem, it's actually very important to me and my frustrated decorative plans, so please someone answer me! :) Just to know if this update of the game resolves any of those frustrations...

Cabana dresser, confirmed to work now!
Kitchen island, confirmed yes!
Exotic chest, confirmed yes!
Gorgeous chest, confirmed not...
Blue bookcase, confirmed yes!

There are some furniture that look like you could put things on them, but you actually can't (like dressers, short wardrobes or libraries). Can someone check this out for me, please? Ones that I remember right now were the mush closet, patchwork dresser, classic bookcase, sweets dresser, regal dresser and picnic table. Thanks in advance! :)

I don't know if this is part of the update, but I kicked 6 villagers out of my town and before the update I could only see 2. Now I can see Pecan around Main Street. I'm happy to see her again, since it made me sad to kick her out, though. :(
Can any of you guys see villagers you couldn't see before?

I don't know if this is part of the update, but I kicked 6 villagers out of my town and before the update I could only see 2. Now I can see Pecan around Main Street. I'm happy to see her again, since it made me sad to kick her out, though. :(
Can any of you guys see villagers you couldn't see before?

Yeah that's from the update. I can see a lot of villager in my Main Street who never appeared there before. :)

I got Wisp right away today and he's actually pretty vague when it comes to inviting a villager. You scan an amiibo and he "becomes" that villager and impersonates them. Then he gives the option of "come and play" or "give me something" with the former being inviting to move in, although he never says that they're coming, just that he's granting a wish.

I'm also kinda sad about the secret storeroom. It's amazing as I can store all the rare stuff on my beach, but at the same time I was really hoping it would be an extra room in the house where I could put all the cool new items on display. Guess I'll have to change one of my other rooms. ;-;

Last edited:
What things need to be done for Wisp to appear? I have the new storage.

Just wander around your town and eventually you'll stop and a voice will talk to you. It has to be at least a day after you update though.

Also apparently scanning an amiibo with Wisp causes them to appear in the RV park. I assume he's moving in though since I can't ask him to move in through the park. >_>

Can Tom Nook show up in your campsite with an amiibo card? I scan him with wisp and the only option is for him to give me something.

View attachment 187476

Hmm... Something about that dress seems familiar...

EDIT: And I think I found the answer!

View attachment 187471

Kudos for referencing one of the most obscure Nintendo characters, Nintendo! :)

it even makes a sound when you change into it xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can Tom Nook show up in your campsite with an amiibo card? I scan him with wisp and the only option is for him to give me something.

no amiibo cards only give a gift. you need his amiibo figure

But Tom Nook is always avalaible in his home business, if you want to see him. He is already like a perpetual villager. For what more would you want him to appear there through an amiibo? :confused:

Just wander around your town and eventually you'll stop and a voice will talk to you. It has to be at least a day after you update though.

Also apparently scanning an amiibo with Wisp causes them to appear in the RV park. I assume he's moving in though since I can't ask him to move in through the park. >_>

i think if you scan the amiibo and wisps askes you what your wish is you have to choose move in instead of lets hang out. but im not sure

- - - Post Merge - - -

But Tom Nook is always avalaible in his home business, if you want to see him. He is already like a perpetual villager. For what more would you want him to appear there through an amiibo? :confused:

because he has new items in his RV which you can buy

i wanted to see if i could get the wiiu console off him in game. i didn't know i needed his figure though, i only have his card i got with my copy of HHD

i think if you scan the amiibo and wisps askes you what your wish is you have to choose move in instead of lets hang out. but im not sure

The only options were "come and play" and "give me something". I only have 9 villagers atm so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to invite him.

Wolf Link's trailer is full of awesome Zelda stuff including full Link and Zelda outfits and retro Zelda wall and floor. I wanted all of it but I can only order 3 items a day. ;-;

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of new Able clothing? I have a new shirt in my store that was added with the update. :O

Does anyone have a list of new Able clothing? I have a new shirt in my store that was added with the update. :O

i dont know much but what i saw are celeste bow, lotties bun, then the HHD jacket lottie wears, a flower fairy dress, hhd sweatshirt jacket and a new fleece jacket

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only options were "come and play" and "give me something". I only have 9 villagers atm so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to invite him.

Wolf Link's trailer is full of awesome Zelda stuff including full Link and Zelda outfits and retro Zelda wall and floor. I wanted all of it but I can only order 3 items a day. ;-;

you could play the mini game on the wii u. it gives you meow coupons when you get the target score

you could play the mini game on the wii u. it gives you meow coupons when you get the target score

I meant there's a limit on how many items you can order. I have enough tickets but the limit is 3 items a day.

I don't have the Wii U or 3DS yet anyway, been trying to find them but no luck with fortunes so far.

I meant there's a limit on how many items you can order. I have enough tickets but the limit is 3 items a day.

I don't have the Wii U or 3DS yet anyway, been trying to find them but no luck with fortunes so far.

oh really? i didnt know there was a limit

Anybody know something about this?

I just had the resetti center built for the first time (before the update). Resetti came to chew me out in front of my house for the first time today and I chose the option I dont remember when he asks why you reset. And then he just left? Without getting angry or anything? Was this always like this? I thought he would chew you out anyway? With every option? Was this always like this or is it from the update?

Last edited:
Back