• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Update General Discussion

As stupid as this question may seem, it's actually very important to me and my frustrated decorative plans, so please someone answer me! :) Just to know if this update of the game resolves any of those frustrations...

Cabana dresser, confirmed to work now!
Kitchen island, confirmed yes!
Exotic chest, confirmed yes!
Gorgeous chest, confirmed not...

There are some furniture that look like you could put things on them, but you actually can't (like dressers, short wardrobes or libraries). Can someone check this out for me, please? Ones that I remember right now were the blue bookcase, mush closet, patchwork dresser, classic bookcase, sweets dresser, regal dresser and picnic table. Thanks in advance! :)

Sorry if it's been asked and answered before, but does anyone know if we can link the hhd data several times? Or is it just the 1 time?
I have hhd and have only played it a bit so I won't have much data. Just wondering if I should hold of linking it until I've played it quite a bit.

As stupid as this question may seem, it's actually very important to me and my frustrated decorative plans, so please someone answer me! Just to know if this update of the game resolves any of those frustrations...

Gorgeous chest confirmed not...

There are some furniture that look like you could put things on them, but you actually can't (like dressers, short wardrobes or libraries). Can someone check this out for me? Ones that I remember right now were the blue bookcase, mush closet, patchwork dresser, classic bookcase, sweets dresser, regal dresser and picnic table.

I also tried my Gracie and Gorgeous set and nothing would sit on top of things like the dresser or desk :(

As stupid as this question may seem, it's actually very important to me and my frustrated decorative plans, so please someone answer me! :) Just to know if this update of the game resolves any of those frustrations...

Gorgeous chest, confirmed not...

There are some furniture that look like you could put things on them, but you actually can't (like dressers, short wardrobes or libraries). Can someone check this out for me, please? Ones that I remember right now were the blue bookcase, mush closet, patchwork dresser, classic bookcase, sweets dresser, regal dresser and picnic table. Thanks in advance! :)

I put an item on the blue bookcase today!

Does anyone know if the Island Escape minigame can be played multiplayer?

Can someone tell me what personalities Cece and Vishe have ? ( the Callie and Marie amiibo?s) thanks ~ ^-^

I have a few questions about the update:

1. How does the HHD furniture ordering work in NL? I have not yet played HHD, but was wondering if it would be worth investing in to acquire furniture to use in NL, but I'd like to know if there were any restrictions or nuances to doing this before I invest in the game. Honestly, acquiring furniture in NL is such a painstaking process for me to do to get the items I want, but if that is somehow made easier by playing HHD to acquire furniture instead, I'd be sold.

2. How do you get the option to invite new villagers via the amiibo cards? I don't have any cards, either, and was looking for a guide for this feature as well before I buy them.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I was playing around with the HHD furniture placement, and I noticed some pluses on my flat screen TV. Being the curious sort I am, I brought a Lovely Table, and...

Table.JPG

I know this was shown off at the Direct with a fish that's big like the Sea Bass, but I thought I would let you guys know. :)

How does the HHD furniture ordering work in NL? I have not yet played HHD, but was wondering if it would be worth investing in to acquire furniture to use in NL, but I'd like to know if there were any restrictions or nuances to doing this before I invest in the game. Honestly, acquiring furniture in NL is such a painstaking process for me to do to get the items I want, but if that is somehow made easier by playing HHD to acquire furniture instead, I'd be sold.

Linking a copy of HHD only nets you the ability to order a select number of jumbo-size furniture. Now whether or not those matter to you is what should be the deciding factor, as far as I know that's the only feature linking HHD gets you. And IMO, those items aren't really exciting.

I want the trumpet and alto saxophone HHD added. They'd better be a part of this update!

Yes, that's the kind of thing I am continuosly asking since yesterday! :D Changes in the "putting-on" furniture system.
Your picture doesn't answer any of the funrniture I'm looking for, but it's still very appreciated because I don't really like having stuff on the floor, no matter if small or big, TV or whatever else... so thanks for sharing!

Checking out some of the mechanics they fixed, it seems that if a long furniture item, such as certain fishes and the flat screen is oval shaped (Think the Nintendo logo), then you can place them on a long table.

Checked out some of the furniture. The Dice Stereo, you can't place stuff on it. But you can place it on a table.

Last edited:
I also did a bit of experimenting, and caught a rather large fish to put on a large table. (Think a 4 tile fish)

This is the result.

HNI_0085.JPG

People keep asking if wisp or the storage room are only available if you link your HHD data.
I can confirm that HHD is completely unrelated. I don't even own HHD and I have gotten Wisp and the storage room.

Guys? It turns out that the Fertlizer buff isn't as 'buffy' as once intended. Sure, it brings any dead trees back to life, but it only sprouts regular fruit.

Sorry to disappoint. :(

Last edited:
i found something out now. yesterday i played the new minigames and today ive got a few letters from nintendo with brand new items the letters say its because i played the minigames. one of the items is a new dress called "fairy flower dress"

Posted this in the screenshot thread but the New Nintendo 3DS is confirmed to be Fortune Cookie #57.
0WyqzWr.jpg
WmP2s3O.jpg
Um, I'm guessing there's new items from #51 to #60?

Posted this in the screenshot thread but the New Nintendo 3DS is confirmed to be Fortune Cookie #57.
View attachment 187463
View attachment 187464
Um, I'm guessing there's new items from #51 to #60?

Wii U, New 3DS, New 3DS XL and I believe the city folk nintendog items.

The villager amiibo shows the City Folk gamecube chest, wii remote locker and ds bench are also in the game so I bet you get them out of fortune cookies too.

i found something out now. yesterday i played the new minigames and today ive got a few letters from nintendo with brand new items the letters say its because i played the minigames. one of the items is a new dress called "fairy flower dress"

What game did you play? And if possible, what was your high score?

Do you have to have a maxed out house before you can get secret storage?

I've watched a video in which the girl who was playing didn't have a maxed out house and Nook offered the secret storage anyway.

Back