• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

Yep. I did it recently for Raymond.

I got rid of my only smug villager via an amiibo of a villager I was prepared to lose, then used all the smug villager amiibo cards I had, to summon them to the campsite, leaving around fifteen smugs left that could show up at my campsite.

I then TT'd seven days, then one day at a time until Isabelle announced a campsite visitor.
Talked to them, then repeated those steps until I got who I wanted. :)

The RNG rolls for personality first, then species (on a NM island it rolls for species first), so I had like a 60% chance for a smug visitor.

I got Raymond as the 49th visitor.

When you're after a specific villager, it's so much easier if you have amiibo cards to wipe out those villagers of a certain personality you don't want, and also make sure you have none of the personality you want on your island, as it does roll for personality first. :)

You must have ten villagers on your island for this to work.
Thanks I wondered. I don't have any amiibos and waiting for the reprint to come out and see about getting some then. I know there are those fake ones but I am overwhelmed on who to choose to buy and then some villagers are completely ignored to be made into an amiibo.

How the villagers are selected depending if it is a nm island or campsite is very insightful. Thank you!

Does anyone know why my purple hyacinths aren't multiplying? I've got three of them, they are together and get watered.

Even with time traveling they don't spread like all my other flowers! :unsure:

Flowers multiplying is based purely on chance, so you may just be getting very unlucky. You can increase your chances massively by getting others on your island and making them water the flowers too, if that helps! :)

ftg106cb0zu41.jpg

Last edited:
If you don’t play for a day, does your 7+ streak break, or is that only if you play but don’t access the machine?

If you don’t play for a day, does your 7+ streak break, or is that only if you play but don’t access the machine?

you need to access the kiosk every day in order to maintain your streak; playing wont count towards that. c:

Not sure if this is the right/best place to ask, but is there no other way to stream Switch gameplay to Discord, besides using a video capture card? My S/O went island-hopping yesterday, and we were both bummed out that I couldn't stream his adventure, due to the Xbox OneGuide app blocking him from streaming his Switch gameplay feed (even though he was able to stream his last island-hopping adventure to me in Discord about 2-3 weeks ago).

how come when i was trying to do the campsite method i kept getting the same camper over and over? was it because i was going to dates i had already tt'ed to?

how come when i was trying to do the campsite method i kept getting the same camper over and over? was it because i was going to dates i had already tt'ed to?
Did you talk to them?

Make sure you talk to them to cross them off the list. (I'm not sure it counts unless you've officially spoken to them.)

It's good to start from beyond a date you've already been to. :)

Flowers multiplying is based purely on chance, so you may just be getting very unlucky. You can increase your chances massively by getting others on your island and making them water the flowers too, if that helps! :)

ftg106cb0zu41.jpg

What does the "Not enough!" and "Nice job!" mean?

Did you talk to them?

Make sure you talk to them to cross them off the list. (I'm not sure it counts unless you've officially spoken to them.)

It's good to start from beyond a date you've already been to. :)
yeah i would talk to them everytime i saw him! but ill try to start from after the dates i tt to, thank you!:)

i wasn't able to fully celebrate my birthday. i logged on and did the piñata but had to leave before i could pass out my cake. i tried to time travel back to my birthday, but no one was outside my house for a party. can you not go back to your birthday and redo it? 🥺

After just recently discovering that ACNH gives bonuses for visitors watering flowers, I would like to know if there is a dedicated BTF board or another site whose sole purpose is for players to exchange the services of watering each others' flowers.

Somewhat of a weird request, I know.
Post automatically merged:

And if not, I would not mind setting one up if it is okay with the moderators and if enough people are on board with this idea :D

@Variety.Gamer 4438
There was a big hayday in the beginning for watering flowers services, now it has died down significantly.

What's usually done is you ask in the acnh online sub-forum. Like, "Please water my flowers?" Then your post can offer to let people shop at Nooks Cranny and Able Sisters.

I got my first camper, today, and I don't like him. Do I ignore him until he goes away? How long will that take?

I got my first camper, today, and I don't like him. Do I ignore him until he goes away? How long will that take?

unfortunately, you have to invite him in; there’s no way of ignoring your first camper and he won’t leave + the story won’t progress until you invite him ;w;

unfortunately, you have to invite him in; there’s no way of ignoring your first camper and he won’t leave + the story won’t progress until you invite him ;w;

Oh, no!!! How to I get him to leave asap?

Oh, no!!! How to I get him to leave asap?

since you’re still in the tutorial phase, it might be a while before you can get him to leave. typically, villagers will ask to move out when you have 10 (a full lineup) but it’s also a possibility at 8 or 9 villagers. it honestly all boils down to luck that’ll determine when he’ll ask to move out but if you have any amiibo cards, you can use one of those to kick him out, too (not too sure if this can be done during the tutorial phase aha). hope this helps at all ;v;

since you’re still in the tutorial phase, it might be a while before you can get him to leave. typically, villagers will ask to move out when you have 10 (a full lineup) but it’s also a possibility at 8 or 9 villagers. it honestly all boils down to luck that’ll determine when he’ll ask to move out but if you have any amiibo cards, you can use one of those to kick him out, too (not too sure if this can be done during the tutorial phase aha). hope this helps at all ;v;

It does help, thank you. I was just going to ignore him until he left. How often do new campers come to the campsite?

It does help, thank you. I was just going to ignore him until he left. How often do new campers come to the campsite?

not very often, unfortunately. i personally usually get 3-4 campers per month but it’s not super frequent c’:

Back