• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

New Horizons F.A.Q. – Ask Questions Here!

If I'm remembering correctly, it's open all hours like the airport!
Thanks! I could’ve sworn it was closed once when I tried, but I may have been confused with something else. I’ll try tonight! I hope it’s an all hours thing. It’s nice to have a few things open when I can’t sleep lol

I hope this is ok but does anyone know if you restarted your island after the update when can you expect to gain access to cooking and when will captain appear? My game is fully updated and I got the visit from K.K. Slider but nothing else. Not even Brewster and I can't find any resources.

I hope this is ok but does anyone know if you restarted your island after the update when can you expect to gain access to cooking and when will captain appear? My game is fully updated and I got the visit from K.K. Slider but nothing else. Not even Brewster and I can't find any resources.
1. You unlock cooking recipes by purchasing "Be a Chef! DIY Recipes +" from the Nook Miles Terminal at Resident Services. I'm pretty sure this should be unlocked for you since K.K. already performed on your island
2. Kapp'n should also become available for you now, unless something happened and you dropped down to a 2-star-rating. Isabelle should've told you about ordinances and boat tours the day after K.K. visited
3. You get Brewster by talking to Blathers when he has a thought bubble above his head while visiting the museum. If he doesn't, you haven't donated at least one thing to every section of the museum yet. So you're missing either a sea creature, a piece of art/statue or both.

Just restarted my game (FINALLY, ugh so much resetting) and I have a question about the first 3 plots Nook gives you to set up. Do you have to do them in order? Could I do the Peppy or Normal plot first? I'm still debating which Lazy cat I want and would like more time to decide.

I don't have HHP so can someone help me out? I know there is a pillar diy and counter diy but is it a physical diy one can take home and trade? or is it one of those you talk to a npc and thats the only way to get it? Thanks!

Just restarted my game (FINALLY, ugh so much resetting) and I have a question about the first 3 plots Nook gives you to set up. Do you have to do them in order? Could I do the Peppy or Normal plot first? I'm still debating which Lazy cat I want and would like more time to decide.

Yep, you can do the Peppy/Normal plots first. Plot 1 will be given to a Lazy villager. Plot 2 will be given to a Peppy villager. Plot 3 will be given to a Normal villager. That's the specific number assigned to each plot, not the order. You will get a random villager locked in after doing the furniture requests, IIRC. So all you have to do is avoid working on Plot 1 until after you've decided and found your Lazy villager.

I don't have HHP so can someone help me out? I know there is a pillar diy and counter diy but is it a physical diy one can take home and trade? or is it one of those you talk to a npc and thats the only way to get it? Thanks!

The Pillar/Counter DIYs are directly given by Niko, so they aren't physical DIY cards.

What happens when visitors try talking to a perfect snowboy? Is it any different if they try talking to him on his initial day of being built?

FraudulentDimetrodon, thanks for the fast reply. That is good to know. I was afraid I'd mess something up by going in the wrong order. Still can't decide between Punchy and Bob. I think I'll leave it for last. 😑

Is it true that Celeste appears in the cafe all day before 7pm on days where she is going to be on your island? I have been trying to use this to know when she is in town, but am not sure if it is true or not.

Hi!
Wondering for anyone who has two switches! I want to restart my game and was planning to use my second switch to transfer items to my new island. I was just wondering if anyone knows if I can travel to my other island? I have two copies of the game (one digital and one physical copy) and made a second account on the digital switch. Is it possible to do this v

Are there any rumours / signs of more paid DLCs upcoming? Just finished the HHD main plot and absolutely loved it. Still more furniture to unlock and houses to design, but wondering whether this is the finishing line now.

In this state the game has definitely become a 10/10 for me.

Are there any rumours / signs of more paid DLCs upcoming? Just finished the HHD main plot and absolutely loved it. Still more furniture to unlock and houses to design, but wondering whether this is the finishing line now.

In this state the game has definitely become a 10/10 for me.
I'm fairly certain there have been articles saying that this will be the only paid DLC released for this game - any future updates we get will just be smaller things, and totally free

With the new update, do villagers still display clothing in their houses?

I'm starting to get items to give for Toy Day, but I went through and redesigned everyone's house, so I don't want to mess that up.

Does anyone know if I put a seasonal wreath on a villager door via tom nook instead of traditional gifting will it stay on their door? I know normally they’ll eventually stop using the seasonal wreath.

Hello! Does anyone know when you move character to a new island on a different switch do I have to take my money out of the bank to have it? Also if I move to console without the DLC Purchased do I no longer have access to the diys that Niko gave me?

Does moss count against your island rating? I managed to get to 5 stars and wanted to place moss down so I can force rocks to spawn in my rock garden but I don't want my rating to drop in the meantime.

Also will rocks spawn on the moss? Thanks!

Does moss count against your island rating? I managed to get to 5 stars and wanted to place moss down so I can force rocks to spawn in my rock garden but I don't want my rating to drop in the meantime.

Also will rocks spawn on the moss? Thanks!

Nope! moss doesn't count against the island rating. And I don't know but i never had a rock spawn on the moss.

Back