Smash Bros New DLC fighter has been revealed at the Game Awards

As a fellow cloud main, it seems we share the same two braincells since this was exactly my reaction watching it live aswell, I legit thought he straight up killed mario for a sec lmao. The release video was definitely the best i've seen so far, just can't wait to try him out for real in game now. Hopefully sephiroth has a better recovery than cloud though
l couldn't tell if they really did changed cloud's Ultimate from the video. If they really did, then l hope the damage didn't have a big change.

Huh, I don't remember this guy being on the list of highly requested characters.

(Then again, neither is who I'm constantly asking for, so with his inclusion brings many more chances of fighters that are not highly requested a chance.)

Sephiroth looks like he goes to planet fitness...
main8.png

I think it is cool to have more characters from one franchise. In the end though, I was hoping to see something that knocked my socks off. The chat was alive with ideas like Crash, Sora, another pokemon, a new trainer, Tracer. Things that you wouldn't expect. This was a bit meh in my charts with the idea swirling in my head as to what it could have been.

The presentation video was great but still thought it could go further, could have been something more.

I never ended up back in here after the actual fighter was revealed.

I've never been too into Final Fantasy...or, well, into it at all. I never played any of them back in the day, and as for the more recent ones, basically anything after Final Fantasy 10 don't hold any interest for me except for 7 Remake if/after I eventually play 7. A couple of friends' love for Final Fantasy 6 got me to purchase it from the Wii Shop's Virtual Console back when the Wii still had online functionality a few years back, but I only played a little bit before putting it down. I intend to resume the game (though I'll probably just restart, because I hate resuming games with stories if I haven't played in a long time because I'm bound to have forgotten what I was doing and what was happening when I left off) but haven't gotten around to it yet. As such, I've never played 7, only seen people play it, talk about it, etc., so I don't really have affection for 7's characters.

All that said, I can't wait for Sephiroth to be available to play. I enjoy playing as sword characters, so he's got that in his favor, and the gameplay they showed in his reveal made him look like he'll be fun to use. The reveal itself was cool too, One Winged Angel is such a good song to get you pumped up. Kind of hoping that he'll be available after that showcase stream tomorrow, but at least he's coming out this month regardless.

Back