Need help with fruit-tree growing issues :(

Joeyveena

ACNL: Lemon town, ACNH: Lunaria
Bells
Switch
2582-3751-8417
Cake
Cake
It's my first time posting on this thread! I'm really desperate for help because i have no idea why can't i grow a tree there. It's a perfect apple tree. and my town's native fruit is apples. So im sure that i am able to grow multiple perfect fruit trees... but i just couldn't seem to plant it at that spot. Some help please :(

HNI_0099.JPG

I had this problem before and I realised that the spot where my tree couldn't grow would often be where a money rock would spawn. That may be the problem? I have a blank patch in one of my fruit orchards because a money rock keeps popping up in that spot.

edit / er I mean the ore rock or whatever it's called

Last edited:
@sillysloth , ah thanks a million :\ that's too bad T_T

Might be too many other trees near it. Cut down the one just south of it, plant it again, see if it sprouts properly - if it does, replant the one south of it.

There are dead spots in the game where nothing can grow (except flowers). You can't know where they are until things you plant there die. It can really suck. I've got a spot where I want a bush but it just won't work. I've read that the spots can move and can maybe be encouraged to become fertile by planting flowers there, but it hasn't worked for me so far.

Had the exact same thing happen to me this morning! Planted a new perfect pear tree as one died today. Planted in a spot that should be fine and yet it's died! No reason! Odd but it happens it would seem!

This happened with a bush of mine. Just didn't want to grow in this one spot :( I guess it didn't know how nice it would look there

Do what jolokia said. I read somewhere that if you have a long chain of bushes, you will eventually hit a spot where a bush wouldn't grow. I assume the logic also applies with trees since I grew a 3 by 9 orchard, and 3 of them (random middle row trees) refuses to grow. I just chop off the trees directly south of the dead trees, and let the dead spot tree grow first before replanting the ones I chopped off.

Last edited:
There's a limit to how long a chain of touching bushes/trees can be. 12 is the max, and that includes stumps. But, dead spots don't care about the 12-chain rule. You could plant a single thing there and it won't grow. Just a quirk of the game.

Back