• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Need advice on choosing villagers

EmGee

Crazy cat dad
Bells
So I'm trying for a vaguely Legend of Zelda theme in my town (cabin house, minimal development, fortune cookie Link outfit, etc.) and I'd like my villagers to reflect this. Aside from the LoZ amiibo villagers, I feel those modeled after mythical creatures best fit the aesthetic I'm seeking. However, aside from Drago, Hans & Phoebe I don't know who else to pick. I still need a jock and a snooty villager from among the remaining unknown 3, and I'd like suggestions who to seek (but no Julian)

Good Good for jock he looks like the majority of the chicken on the games which are white with a bit of red color
As for snooty.. not sure yet

- - - Post Merge - - -

Maybe between soleil or ankha and you can pretend like she was the goddess of all and has protected the village and given you the triforce

You should definitely have a chicken as one of the two. I'd go with Goose to fill up your jock space.

Maybe between soleil or ankha and you can pretend like she was the goddess of all and has protected the village and given you the triforce

I think Ankha would be good for this.

Goose for your Jock, to represent a Cucco.
Ankha for your Snooty, to represent the three goddesses who created the Triforce.
Also, why no Julian? Too pastel? Or too many Smugs (w/ him, Hans, and W. Link)?
So your lineup (assuming you take all the TLOZ amiibo villagers and that you use my suggestions) would be Drago, Hans, Phoebe, Goose, Ankha, W. Link, Ganon, Epona, Medli, and...? There's only 4 Zelda villagers right now, right? IDK who to suggest for the last villager. But with this lineup of 9, your personality spread would be as follows:
- Lazy: 1
- Jock: 1
- Cranky: 1
- Snooty: 1
- Normal: 1
- Peppy: 1
- Smug: 2
- Uchi: 1
Hmm... So pretty well spread out!

Last edited:
Ok, so overall consensus is Goose and Anka to fill 2/3 remaining spots as well as fill in needed personality slots for balanced village. And while Goose doesn't resemble anything mythical, I do like the cucco reference. Any last suggestions for my 10th villager? I feel a female would be best for ratio

And to answer the previous question, yes, Julian is too pastel and would add too many smug villagers. Plus I'm fairly certain there have never been unicorns in any LoZ games

Last edited:
Hmm... The only Zelda game I've played is OoT3D, and only a bit so far at that... But maybe a dog for the happy dogs in Hyrule Castle Town Square? Or a cat for the little green dragon babies that look vaguely like cat loafs?

Back