• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

My Unpopular Opinions... Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I absolutely hate sweets. Everytime when I try to eat candy I start to feel sick after 2 bites.
This especially goes for chocolate.. I think it's disgusting and the smell alone makes me want to vommit.

OH MY GOD!!! A space alien has come to Earth and is posting on The Bell Tree!!! Please don't send your people here to kill us and we'll promise not to run experiments on you.

OH MY GOD!!! A space alien has come to Earth and is posting on The Bell Tree!!! Please don't send your people here to kill us and we'll promise not to run experiments on you.

Eh, some people just don't like Chocolate. I admit it can be a bit rich and too much at times, but it's a nice treat to have every once in a while. :)

Eh, some people just don't like Chocolate. I admit it can be a bit rich and too much at times, but it's a nice treat to have every once in a while. :)

She said she hates all sweets and candy period, which is impossible for a human, but it is a well known fact that aliens hate candy. We must neutralize the threat by pouring chocolate syrup over her.

1.) I hate country music.
2.) Caitlin Jenner is an inspiration to people of all sorts.
3.) frosting, marshmallows (unless burnt), and chocolate ice cream are gross.
4.) Cats are less maintenance than dogs.
5.) Kids are overrated
6.) Social media is a must if I want to be well known in this lifetime
7.) Reincarnation exists.

The Yankees is an overrated baseball team. It was good when Babe Ruth was playing, but I wouldn't say the same thing today.

The Yankees is an overrated baseball team. It was good when Babe Ruth was playing, but I wouldn't say the same thing today.

They are no longer a dynasty, but they are still a very good team year after year. The last 2 years they missed the playoffs, but they still finished with a winning record and they haven't had a losing season since 1992 which is something every other team wishes they could do. They are not the best run organization right now, but they are still one of the better ones and have a decent chance of winning the World Series this year.

Eh, the Yankees are like The Patriots of Baseball. They don't always win, but they manage to win a lot. I did some research and found out they've had the most World Series wins of any baseball team.

Eh, the Yankees are like The Patriots of Baseball. They don't always win, but they manage to win a lot. I did some research and found out they've had the most World Series wins of any baseball team.

Yes, they won the world series the most of all the teams. And there are eight teams that haven't won the world series yet. And two of them didn't even make it there. But after the deflategate, I definitely have no more respect for the Patriots than I do for the Yankees.

They are no longer a dynasty, but they are still a very good team year after year. The last 2 years they missed the playoffs, but they still finished with a winning record and they haven't had a losing season since 1992 which is something every other team wishes they could do. They are not the best run organization right now, but they are still one of the better ones and have a decent chance of winning the World Series this year.

Yes they do. If the standings remain static, the Yankees will make it to the playoffs. But their only competition would be is the Angels, the Astros, and the Royals. On the National League, the teams with the best chance are the Dodgers, Pirates, Nationals, and especially the Cardinals. So if the Yankees and Cardinals win, the Yankees will have to deal with the Cardinals, which will be a tough battle since the Cardinals are the toughest team now.

Right now, Missouri is at the top at both leagues (Royals for AL, Cardinals for NL).

Yes, they won the world series the most of all the teams. And there are eight teams that haven't won the world series yet. And two of them didn't even make it there. But after the deflategate, I definitely have no more respect for the Patriots than I do for the Yankees.

On the subject of unpopular opinions, is there anyone else who thinks "Deflategate" isn't a big deal? The rules allowing each team to have their own set of footballs are dumb in the first place. In every other sport, the balls are kept by a neutral party. The Patriots actually played better against the Colts in the 2nd half when the balls were inflated to the proper pressure, so I don't think it provided any meaningful advantage. The Super Bowl footballs were watched very carefully because of the controversy, so they didn't have under-inflated balls when they beat the Seahawks. The Patriots were probably not the only team to do it anyway, they just got the publicity and punishment for it because of Spygate. Not to mention it looks bad for the NFL when deflating a football a couple of PSI gets a 4 game suspension while knocking someone unconscious in an elevator gets only 2 games.

Last edited:
On the subject of unpopular opinions, is there anyone else who thinks "Deflategate" isn't a big deal? The rules allowing each team to have their own set of footballs are dumb in the first place. In every other sport, the balls are kept by a neutral party. The Patriots actually played better against the Colts in the 2nd half when the balls were inflated to the proper pressure, so I don't think it provided any meaningful advantage. The Super Bowl footballs were watched very carefully because of the controversy, so they didn't have under-inflated balls when they beat the Seahawks. The Patriots were probably not the only team to do it anyway, they just got the publicity and punishment for it because of Spygate. Not to mention it looks bad for the NFL when deflating a football a couple of PSI gets a 4 game suspension while knocking someone unconscious in an elevator gets only 2 games.

I think the NFL underpunishes their players because they care too much about money. MLB does permanently ban people from playing professional baseball for cheating. They also take morals more seriously. As in NFL, they just care about money, and banning people from football would hurt the teams and draw less attendance. But whatever, Tom Brady is beginning to lose fans. Even I lost respect in Tom Brady.

Anyway, let's get back to unpopular opinions. I think Super Mario Sunshine was the best Mario game, even if SM64 had better music.

I think the NFL underpunishes their players because they care too much about money. MLB does permanently ban people from playing professional baseball for cheating. They also take morals more seriously. As in NFL, they just care about money, and banning people from football would hurt the teams and draw less attendance. But whatever, Tom Brady is beginning to lose fans. Even I lost respect in Tom Brady.

Anyway, let's get back to unpopular opinions. I think Super Mario Sunshine was the best Mario game, even if SM64 had better music.

On the sports thing, I don't think baseball has banned anyone since Pete Rose, and that was for betting on his own team to win so it's not like he was trying to tank games and it didn't help him or his team on the field. For PEDs, players get three strikes before they are banned for life. Altering the baseball illegally usually gets a pitcher around 10 games, which is equivalent to 1 game in the NFL in terms of percentage of the season. So baseball is actually less strict than football.

As for the Super Mario thing, I agree. SM64 has aged poorly. The game is just too quick and easy. Sunshine is a bit more challenging and hunting for the blue coins is fun. The Galaxy games have much better graphics and their unique gameplay, but those games are very linear while Sunshine had more of a sandbox element to it.

On the sports thing, I don't think baseball has banned anyone since Pete Rose, and that was for betting on his own team to win so it's not like he was trying to tank games and it didn't help him or his team on the field. For PEDs, players get three strikes before they are banned for life. Altering the baseball illegally usually gets a pitcher around 10 games, which is equivalent to 1 game in the NFL in terms of percentage of the season. So baseball is actually less strict than football.

As for the Super Mario thing, I agree. SM64 has aged poorly. The game is just too quick and easy. Sunshine is a bit more challenging and hunting for the blue coins is fun. The Galaxy games have much better graphics and their unique gameplay, but those games are very linear while Sunshine had more of a sandbox element to it.

I liked Sunshine more because of the hotel level called Sirena Beach. The general plot of the level was the best of the levels in SMS, and I did like obtaining that third shine sprite from the level (even though the pinapple puzzle was very confusing at first). As for the rest of the game, playing it is like watching different TV shows whereas Super Mario 64 was like Donkey Kong 64 when it comes to choosing what star to pick first. The other strength was that it had the best plot out of every 3D Platformer. SM64 was not only simple, but it's overrated.

I wish it was still socially acceptable for women (or one person works and the other stays at home of either gender in any sexual orientation relationship) to not have to work and stay home to tend the house, care for kids, etc. I have nothing against people who fight for women's rights (or enjoy working)to be in the workforce and I'm aware this economy pretty much requires two incomes these days in couples. I think if most women stay at home, it's an even balance And they can spend more time on their kids and other errands the most people don't have time for when working full time.

SM64 is way too overrated. Yeah it might have been a bit advanced for its time but if you play it today... nah bruh. I prefe Sunshine if I'm gonna play those Mario's

I wish it was still socially acceptable for women (or one person works and the other stays at home of either gender in any sexual orientation relationship) to not have to work and stay home to tend the house, care for kids, etc. I have nothing against people who fight for women's rights (or enjoy working)to be in the workforce and I'm aware this economy pretty much requires two incomes these days in couples. I think if most women stay at home, it's an even balance And they can spend more time on their kids and other errands the most people don't have time for when working full time.

I agree with this so much. Unfortunately, the cost of living is so high these days. My mom was able to raise all nine of her kids without ever having a job, but back then the only bills were rent/mortgage, gas, electric, water, and phone. Of course there were other expenses like food, etc. Now we have insurance, cell phones, cable, internet,etc. Some of these things are not nessessary, but it's nice to have them. I've been so tempted to get rid of some of these luxeries, but I love my internet and T.V. lol.

I was a childcare provider for 20 years. It made me sad when parents had to take their 6 week olds to daycare, but so many parents don't have a choice.

SM64 is way too overrated. Yeah it might have been a bit advanced for its time but if you play it today... nah bruh. I prefe Sunshine if I'm gonna play those Mario's

Indeed, just because they revolutionized gaming doesn't mean they are considered good. I mean, the worlds are too small, graphics were poorer, and the game was too simple and easy. DK64 is better than that.

Oh, and I think I claimed post #777.

Indeed, just because they revolutionized gaming doesn't mean they are considered good. I mean, the worlds are too small, graphics were poorer, and the game was too simple and easy. DK64 is better than that.

Oh, and I think I claimed post #777.

Exactly. And it would have been easier if the movement weren't so freaking clunky. And yes you did.

The Hunger Games and John Green are extremely overrated. I've read all of the books of The Hunger Games and I just don't like them. I just can't get into it at all. I've read all of the John Green books and I only like the Looking for Alaska. I just feel like he fakes deep and the characters aren't that amazing ;-;

The Hunger Games and John Green are extremely overrated. I've read all of the books of The Hunger Games and I just don't like them. I just can't get into it at all. I've read all of the John Green books and I only like the Looking for Alaska. I just feel like he fakes deep and the characters aren't that amazing ;-;

The Fault In Our Stars was interesting until a bunch of tweens started overusing that damn quote "Okay? Okay." Its not okay, stop please only 1/10 of you even read the book
I think Looking for Alaska is the best one too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back