• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

My two Snooties are SO different

Yeah I have definetly noticed this too with my jocks and snooties, and I think its so interesting! My starting jock was Kid Cat, and he was your typical jock personality. But then I got Sly, and he was unlike any jock I've ever met! His "hobby" (or sub personality type?) is "playing" (and not "fitness" like Kid Cat) so maybe that has something to do with it. Don't get me wrong, he does talk about working out like the other jocks, but his personality and dialogue is way more child-like. Totally makes sense when I found out he likes to play. I later replaced Kid Cat with Snake, who is (sorry Snake) more or less the same as Kid Cat.

I also have noticed that Judy and Ankha are very different snooties. Judy is kind of like Claudia where she is more nice and sweet, and she acts more like a peppy in that she is more "cute" and less "elegant." Ankha on the other hand is your stereotypical snooty who is mysterious, fashionable, and sassy, and her dialogue really reflects this. Judy often makes me forget that she is a snooty and sometimes has me convinced she is some sort of peppy-normal hybrid. Before Ankha I had Whitney as my first snooty, and again her vibe was a lot like Ankha since she too was elegant and a busy body, etc.

I wonder if their style preference has an influence on their dialogue, in addition to their subtype.

Interesting :0
I wonder if Nintendo really did mean more by "subtype" than just A and B, and folded in differences in other categories too (I mean that seems obvious but is maybe more significant than we thought). You could try browsing twitter/tumblr/etc for screenshots of Tasha and see if you recognize any of the snooty-sassy dialogue.
I've been searching on youtube to no avail but didn't think to check twitter - thanks! After a bit of looking most of the dialogue looks different from Diana so I'm going to try and get her! And snooties are one of my favorite personalities so I honestly wouldn't mind some overlap anyway 😁

Audie was the first resident I ran across on a NMT island and I snapped her up without hesitation because she’s adorable (also, I love her foxy color scheme). I later brought in Flora (another Peppy) because I thought her design was super cute and would fit well with my tropical island — but her dialogue is exactly the same as Audie’s and it’s such a buzzkill. :( She just comes off as mimicking Audie, and I don’t even really talk to poor Flora anymore as a result.

On the other hand, my husband just got Tangy, and she seems a little nerdier for a Peppy, maybe? She seems more into video games than Audie and Flora are.

I’m thinking of replacing Flora with another resident so I won’t have two Peppy girls, but I haven’t decided on whom. I won’t bring in another Lazy or Cranky because Bob and Dobie are my loves and I don’t want anyone copying them, I‘m not crazy about Jocks and don’t want more than one, and I already have two Smugs (Marshal and Raymond), so I’m down to Snooties, Normals, or Uchis. Diana is my Snooty, Goldie is my Normal, and Agnes is my Uchi, so I have to give this some thought...

I haven't personally noticed this. I wonder if you can get 2 different versions / personality sub-types of the same villager then?

Back