• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My Top 10 “Cottagecore” villagers

My top ten favorite cottagecore-ish villagers are: Deidre, Poppy, Maple, Fauna, Bones, Molly, Goldie, Beau, Ellie, Maggie. Some of them might not fit the bill 100% but they give off at least a bit of the vibe!

of course ! It’s your village , you can do whatever you like. I love your choices! I love Ellie I think she is my closest Elephant on the list of cottage core.

Bones of course, that dog is such a cutie! Thank you for your list.

No one's mentioned any chickens yet? I'd say Ava or Plucky are both good candidates for cottagecore villagers! I think most of the cows and bulls are good too! Patty especially has those warm colors.

No one's mentioned any chickens yet? I'd say Ava or Plucky are both good candidates for cottagecore villagers! I think most of the cows and bulls are good too! Patty especially has those warm colors.

yes of course a lot of them I didn’t mention Because I only have 10 slots. but, I agree with you who are your top 10? In chicken maybe Benedict. I agree with Ava, but Plucky not so much because she has more beach style house for me.

I’m not really a big fan of chickens but I don’t mind Patty and for the bulls maybe Angus seems the closest.

reading all of the replies, i realized that everyone is attacking the op for leaving out villagers that they couldn’t fit on their top ten (myself included). i apologize, and i think that your list is amazing!

definitely Norma!

Yup I just have 10 to choose from , but who will be in your top 10?!
Sorry, I thought you meant to add in more cottagecore villagers. I miss read so many things on here, it’s not even funny. .-.
1. Marshal
2. Agnes
3. Reneigh
4. Joey
5. Ike
6. Tipper
7. Felicity
8. Dom
9. Lily
10. Norma

Honestly there’s a lot of normals that fit into the cottagecore style.

Last edited:
reading all of the replies, i realized that everyone is attacking the op for leaving out villagers that they couldn’t fit on their top ten (myself included). i apologize, and i think that your list is amazing!

aww thank you , it’s fine . It’s a forum . so who do you suggest or recommend for future readers to be in their top cottagecore 10? And why ?
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, I thought you meant to add in more cottagecore villagers. I miss read so many things on here, it’s not even funny. .-.
1. Marshal
2. Agnes
3. Reneigh
4. Joey
5. Ike
6. Tipper
7. Felicity
8. Dom
9. Fauna
10. Norma

Honestly there’s a lot of normals that fit into the cottagecore style.

oh nice I like your choices of your top 10 villagers! I actually has most in your list in my citycore island,currently.
But, like what I said I’m looking for overall cottage criteria that they have to meet , but it wasn’t their for some city houses likes Marshal , and Reneigh ( for being tropical home) . Overall, I hope you’ll find your dreamies in your island!

aww thank you , it’s fine . It’s a forum . so who do you suggest or recommend for future readers to be in their top cottagecore 10? And why ?

oh nice I like your choices of your top 10 villagers! I actually has most in your list in my citycore island,currently.
But, like what I said I’m looking for overall cottage criteria that they have to meet , but it wasn’t their for some city houses likes Marshal , and Reneigh ( for being tropical home) . Overall, I hope you’ll find your dreamies in your island!
Most of these aren’t my dreamies but thank you.

yes of course a lot of them I didn’t mention Because I only have 10 slots. but, I agree with you who are your top 10? In chicken maybe Benedict. I agree with Ava, but Plucky not so much because she has more beach style house for me.

I’m not really a big fan of chickens but I don’t mind Patty and for the bulls maybe Angus seems the closest.
For me it would probably be (also trying to keep species balanced),
  1. Maple, because she fits the theme very closely, and I associate cubs with cottagecore, also her phrase is honey.
  2. Ava, because she's a realistic chicken (I think she's based on a cinnamon queen?) and her interests and house fit.
  3. Fauna, fits well like most of the deer and I chose her over Erik or Deirdre because her catchphrase fits well.
  4. Shep, he's based on a shepherd dog and his house is a literal cottage.
  5. Patty, due to being a cow with a warm pallet, close house theme, and resembling a real-world cow.
  6. Pancetti, kind of reminds me of a grandma and her catchphrase is a reference to real-world pigs.
  7. Nate, because he has a soft appearance and has an outdoorsy and cosy theme.
  8. Molly, she's a duckling with a cute, warm theme!
  9. Stella, she just really fits with her whole theme!
  10. Apple, a hamster based on an apple!

I'm kinda going for the cottage/fairycore aesthetic as well but I don't really care about their exteriors/interiors that much as I just chose the ones I really want to have in my island that kinda fits the theme rather than full on cottagecore themed villagers so here's my list of villagers living in my island:
1. Lolly
2. Audie
3. Chief
4. Lucky
5. Diana
6. Julian
7. Lily
8. Judy
9. Beau
10. Muffy
I'm kinda going to infuse some witchy, dark themes to some areas as well which explains Lucky and Muffy lol

That's a good list. I'm going for a more witchy/spooky vibe and I'm doing the same thing! Trying to figure out my dream team, exterior is pretty important because you see it no matter what, interior is pretty important but you can also somewhat change some things with their interior if you're not focused on keeping things original with you villagers, looks are not as important, personality, hobby and goals are looked at as well. lol The only one that gets a pass is Lolly, because she's my fav and she looks so cute in all the dark clothes I gift her. ^_^

I'm leaning more towards a fairycore look for my island. But if I was to go cottagecore, this would be my list:

1. Maple
2. Fauna
3. Shep
4. Marshal
5. Beau
6. Dobie
7. Pecan
8. Alfonso (He isn't cottagecore really, but my baby so I have to have him XD)
9. Molly
10. Erik

Tried to balance out the species a little bit, but it's hard when you don't like a lot of the species xD

For me it would probably be (also trying to keep species balanced),
  1. Maple, because she fits the theme very closely, and I associate cubs with cottagecore, also her phrase is honey.
  2. Ava, because she's a realistic chicken (I think she's based on a cinnamon queen?) and her interests and house fit.
  3. Fauna, fits well like most of the deer and I chose her over Erik or Deirdre because her catchphrase fits well.
  4. Shep, he's based on a shepherd dog and his house is a literal cottage.
  5. Patty, due to being a cow with a warm pallet, close house theme, and resembling a real-world cow.
  6. Pancetti, kind of reminds me of a grandma and her catchphrase is a reference to real-world pigs.
  7. Nate, because he has a soft appearance and has an outdoorsy and cosy theme.
  8. Molly, she's a duckling with a cute, warm theme!
  9. Stella, she just really fits with her whole theme!
  10. Apple, a hamster based on an apple!

I love this! Thank you so much ! I think a lot of future cottagecore players will make this post helpful! I agree with your choices.

The lesbians are quaking.
This is a really good list, though! Some might even fit into my theme.
What is the theme you’re looking for ? I am curious . And who would be in it ? Your top 10, please? And why?

I'm kinda going for the cottage/fairycore aesthetic as well but I don't really care about their exteriors/interiors that much as I just chose the ones I really want to have in my island that kinda fits the theme rather than full on cottagecore themed villagers so here's my list of villagers living in my island:
1. Lolly
2. Audie
3. Chief
4. Lucky
5. Diana
6. Julian
7. Lily
8. Judy
9. Beau
10. Muffy
I'm kinda going to infuse some witchy, dark themes to some areas as well which explains Lucky and Muffy lol
That’s an incredible list ! I love those 10 villagers . Hey , not all might like cottagecore theme and wants to spice up their island too! So thank you !

That's a good list. I'm going for a more witchy/spooky vibe and I'm doing the same thing! Trying to figure out my dream team, exterior is pretty important because you see it no matter what, interior is pretty important but you can also somewhat change some things with their interior if you're not focused on keeping things original with you villagers, looks are not as important, personality, hobby and goals are looked at as well. lol The only one that gets a pass is Lolly, because she's my fav and she looks so cute in all the dark clothes I gift her. ^_^
Oh nice I like spooky villagers too. So who would be in your spooky theme islands? Make a thread Similar to mine ?! Don’t forget to tag me so, I could respond with an input as well. Or just post it here. We don’t mind . This post is to help future gamers who wants to have an idea who will they put in their island. Thank you !

Flora and Pietro.
Oh why them? In a cottagecore village or in your top 10? I do not know why people add only few when I ask for 10 ... should I rephrased my question? To be more specific ? Haha. Thank you !

I'm leaning more towards a fairycore look for my island. But if I was to go cottagecore, this would be my list:

1. Maple
2. Fauna
3. Shep
4. Marshal
5. Beau
6. Dobie
7. Pecan
8. Alfonso (He isn't cottagecore really, but my baby so I have to have him XD)
9. Molly
10. Erik

Tried to balance out the species a little bit, but it's hard when you don't like a lot of the species xD
Ooh nice list , of course you need to sneak in your fave and make it work! I like your list a lot ! So, in your fairy core theme who will be your top 10 and why them? Thank you !

Last edited:
Back