• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My Political Quiz Results

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Last night, I was taking some quizzes as members on TBT’s Discord channel was talking about. Here are my results:

Political Compass:

View attachment 237216

Eight Values:

View attachment 237217

Judging by my results, that does not seem surprising to anyone. As you know, I am very right-winged. What I didn’t realize was how authoritarian I am. A lot of people of my generation believe conservatives are intolerant white nationalists that push religion down others’ throats, hate progress, care very little about the poor, and hate all immigrants from a particular culture. Contrary to what they assume, I’m not all like that, yet I hold most of the same beliefs, but for different reasons.

My core values are centered on responsibility, obedience, morals, respect, economic freedom, justice, patriotism, and equality (meaning that everyone has the same proportion). Some of the issues, I try not to pick sides, but due to the overwhelming support of one side, I would be forced to take the other side. Others, I am pretty biased to one side. I’m even set in stone on almost every political issue. I have antipathy for both the Democrats and Republicans in the federal government and news outlets, but my political beliefs push me to the side of the Republicans.

Now it’s time to justify where I stand on each.

Economic Axis:

This is where I am the strongest to one side on, according to the eight values chart. As the whole site knows, I am a capitalist and support economic freedom. I’m not fully onto the side of the markets because there are some necessary regulations I support. I support preventing stuff like greed, racism, lack of worker safety, and posioning of goods through law. But at the same time, I can only support so much on the economic regulations. If pure communists were 0% and anarcho-capitalists were at 100%, I would be at 85%. I do support smaller governments and less interference with the economy, but enough interference to keep it alive. Here are some details:

• Environmental regulations are necessary, but only in extreme cases.
  • There’s no need to impose regulations to prevent obesity. People should have responsibility.
  • Employers only need to provide money to their employees. They don’t have to provide pharmaceutical drugs or any insurance, even though it would be nice.
  • I support minimum wage laws, but oppose raising it.
  • Wages should be reasonsble. Harder jobs get more pay, as well as more work.
  • Corporate greed is a real threat, but union greed and government greed is worse.
As for the equality part, I believe in treating everyone equally, but through proportion based on moral characteristics, skill, and productivity. People should be paid the same regardless of race or sex, but not the same based on skill, productivity, or job level. Taxes should be low and flat, even if the rich pay more in taxes (due to scale). I believe charity is better than welfare since I don’t believe in charging hard workers to aid those who aren’t productive. And of course, I believe healthcare should be capitalistic and less regulated.

Diplomatic Axis:

Another value I am strong in is patriotism. I seem to be in favor of the nation over the world. I am the kind of person who believes that the home country is the best country in the world. I am from the United States, meaning that I think that the US is better than the rest. I have more pride in America than the rest of the world. My patriotism is also regional and state-based. I have more pride in the South than in the rest of the US if we’re looking on a national scale.

When it comes to foreign policy, I think unilateralism is better than the UN. The United Nations have failed several times to maintain peace and expand human rights. They try to come up with decisions to end conflict somewhere, but because one of the five countries with veto power (United States, Russia, China, United Kingdom, and France) opted out, we can’t get involved. World peace is a good thing, but sometimes, it’s hard to work together as a team. We’re better off making our own decisions than working as a team. In regards to national trade, it’s a good idea to export and import goods to/from other countries. But trade unions are a bad idea.

On the issue of immigration and other cultures, I am okay with others keeping part of their culture to stay in America, but on most customs, they have to adapt to American customs. You don’t have to be a Christian to live in America or celebrate our holidays. You can eat whatever you want. But there are some things you have to follow if you want to live in America. For instance, there are some things legal in some countries but illegal in America. If it’s not allowed here, you can’t do it here. Another instance is language. You are more than free to speak your native language, but you have to learn English if you want to live in America. And you shouldn’t infringe on our culture.

Civil Axis:

Results show that I am more for authority than liberty. That may be true, but I support our constitutional freedoms. I am more frendly on LGBT issues and drug legalization, but when it comes to abortion, I am only in favor of keeping it legal for emergency reasons (rape, incest, risk to maternal health, risk to fetal health). For anything else, if the mother is mature, financially capable, and in a healthy relationship, abortion should be illegal by all means.

I am pro-death penalty when it comes to both first and second degree murder, child abuse and animal cruelty at their worst cases, and war crimes and terrorism. I’m also pro-gun and pro-free speech.

The issue I am the most passionate about on domestic policy is political correctness. I tolerate, encourage, and respect diversity, but when it comes to diversity requirements or censorship everyday words or phrases, foods, or activities because of how it may potentially offend a certain group, this is when I am in opposition with full blown anger. You see, I try to avoid both extremes, but due to overwhelming support for the left wing on these issues (such as Ferguson), I am considered right-winged by these standards. Examples include, but not limited to:

• I oppose bigotry, but I’m also against diversity requirements.
  • I am against white supremacy, but deny the existence of the white privilege.
  • I frown upon hate speech, but I oppose double standards against groups based on political beliefs.
What Antifa and SJWs are fighting against are what they consider “micro-aggressions”, but are not harmful to society. As I’m for free speech, I’m also for free speech in workplaces and schools, which means I oppose political correctness, safe spaces, trigger warnings, and no-platforms. If you actually beliefe the Democrats are anti-Constitution or the Republicans are white nationalists, then you are clearly full of bias and have very little credibility.

Last, I’m gonna discuss a few other details on this. As much as more freedom is better, obedience is important. Privacy is important, but security is vital. I favor the separation of church and state, but this does not mean freedom from religion. It’s okay to keep religious relics in our government, but laws should not require people to or forbid people from following certain beliefs. I can see how taxpayer-funded abortions can breach the separation between church and state, but not the motto or the pledge of allegiance.

Societal Axis:

The overall summary shows that I am not against progress, but I see the importance of tradition too. Traditional values may not be popular now, but they still hold up to today’s time. Take for instance, the Constitution. The Bill of Rights, the electoral college, and the separation of powers are all old, but they are neither outdated nor needed to be abolished.

I agree we need to stick to the times we have (especially in science and technology like digital downloads and smart cars), but some generally accepted norms and facts we stuck to for centuries are still necessary. I believe there are only two genders. Anyone breaking the law should be punished with no exceptions. You have to be an American citizen if you want to use our services that we pay taxes for. Others, I actually agree that progress is better than tradition. Women deserve to have the same equal rights men have. The Constitution needs more amendments. We must keep the Earth clean. Although I see importance in both tradition and progress, I lean further to tradition.

Family values are also important. If you were raised one way, it’s best to stick to it, even when you are free from family. I know some families are bad, either because they are too strict or because they don’t have good discipline skills. But there are a lot of good families.

Conclusion:

I had fun with these quizzes as I got to learn where I stand in most positions. If you want to see your positions, you can try both tests:

https://8values.github.io

https://www.politicalcompass.org

Attachments

• 2DBD1549-363D-4287-AD57-C9D047F03F17.jpg
    2DBD1549-363D-4287-AD57-C9D047F03F17.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 7452414E-1FA5-4188-AFB4-3B33BDA67594.jpg
    7452414E-1FA5-4188-AFB4-3B33BDA67594.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 128
Back