My addiction has gone too far...

babykas

Bells
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
So it all started when my now (ex)boyfriend asked me if I knew what animal crossing was. I didn't.

I decided to pick up the game and start my town, after multiple months of deciding what theme to go towards, I decided it was a better idea to get another copy... and another copy. (3 in total). It then came down to collecting all the amiibos and cards. I had an insta-blog for visiting dream towns and a spam for all the cute things going on in mine.

Fast forward 4 years... I hacked my main tropical town, and after completing most of my towns and losing one cartridge, I moved on hyping up New Horizons... putting my towns on the shelf and dedicating my life to counting down the days until Horizons come out.

WELL NOW... I was walking by an retro game store last week and saw the animal crossing 3dsXL limited edition for 250$, and after receiving some early xmas money yall can expect I put her on hold. I'm picking her up tonight and I couldn't be more excited to start fresh

EDIT/UPDATE: I bought it only to realize it had surface scratches and a huge crack on the side... I was severely disappointed, not to mention every game shop is sold out of acnl and I really wanted to start a new town :(

Last edited:
congrats on your purchase! i was the exact same way when new leaf came out..
started with 1 copy and ended up with 3 by the end of the year!
i remember saving for months to buy a refurbished limited animal crossing 3dsxl, almost 5 years later and it's still going lol.
all worth it in the end :)

Wow, that'll be 4 towns in total, right? I'm super happy for you! I hope you enjoy your new town until NH comes out. :D

I could never imagine having that many copies of AC- I'm such a control freak over my one and only town that it would drive me nuts to take care of multiple, lol.

wow, lucky duck!
i actually bought a second game in hopes of cycling but i actually somehow lost the second game cartridge in the past few months and it has made me really sad. not to mention my limited edition zelda skin 3DS stopped working out of nowhere so i broke out the zelda 2DS my mom got me for xmas a few years ago.

what an awesome purchase! I definitely want to buy another copy of the game at some point, I love the idea of having more than one town.

I think to have more than one acnl copy is normal. I have as well three copys! Two towns and one for cycling and holding stuff. I am just not sure what will happen if NH hit the screen. Will I buy a second switch for a second town? I dunno but I think some of us are crazy enough to do so ^^

Too far? I think it's the perfect amount of farđź‘Ť*cough says the person with 5 towns and 3 systems cough*

I love having multiple towns, it's so fun! If I get bored with one town, I can play in another, and they all are at different stages of how developed they are, so it's not like they're all finished.

That's a bummer that you got the limited edition with damage for so much, it really should have been less. Does it still play games? As for finding new games, IDK where you love but in United States we have GameStop, and I can almost always find a copy of 2, sometimes even new, at there. If not they can search to see what location has it. They print off a receipt with the locations as well. If GameStop isn't an option, you can prob find a game pretty cheap on Amazon as well, other used game stores or a Best Buy, thou at Best Buy you have a slim chance. I found a Japanese copy for 20$ plus shipping on Amazon.

Hopefully you find another copy soon! Starting a message town is so fun.

Last edited:
How can I even be with someone who doesn't know what animal Crossing is? Everyone should play animal crossing at least once. It might change them for the better. (I'm not as dedicated to animal crossing as you are)

Back