Bells
Switch
8236-9083-2425
Daisy Easter Egg
Isabelle
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Silver Mailbox
I'm going to be purchasing a Switch so I can play NH when it releases. Are there any accessories you guys think I should plan to get pretty quickly after I purchase it?

If you play handheld at all, I would really recommend the Satisfye joycon grip. It makes holding it so much more comfortable. Doesn't damage/scuff your Joycons or Switch at all either. I love it. Also a glass screen protector would be good, the dock can scuff the screen if you're not careful putting it in. Learned that the hard way before I got my screen protector :'(

The first thing I bought for myself was a traveling bag big enough to fit the charger in as well. It came with two cases that can carry 12 games and it's really all I need, you can't really toss the Switch in your bag like you could with a DS or any other old handheld console.

The first thing I bought for myself was a traveling bag big enough to fit the charger in as well. It came with two cases that can carry 12 games and it's really all I need, you can't really toss the Switch in your bag like you could with a DS or any other old handheld console.

Definitely this, I made the mistake of buying one without optimal room to fit the charger right before a flight, figured it'd be fine so I just squeezed the charger in there anyway, and I ended up making a huge (so far only cosmetic) indent in my right joycon's analog stick. My good Splatoon one's too..

A larger carrying case is worth it.

Also please please please buy a screen protector ASAP! I heard some stuff during the launch of the Switch that told people not to put a screen protector on your Switch because apparently launch models had the ability to melt screen protectors? So I never bought one, but I really regret it, my Switch has never gotten hot enough to do damage to a screen protector and now my Switch has huge scuff marks on it. :/

Last edited:
In case the dreaded drift happens on just the left controller, there is a Hori brand replacement with a d-pad instead of the buttons. The Hori ones only work in handheld mode. Those run $25 for the one, instead of around $80 for the official left and right from Nintendo. I have also seen some "grips"for the whole switch to fit in, but haven't tried any.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you play handheld at all, I would really recommend the Satisfye joycon grip. It makes holding it so much more comfortable. Doesn't damage/scuff your Joycons or Switch at all either. I love it. Also a glass screen protector would be good, the dock can scuff the screen if you're not careful putting it in. Learned that the hard way before I got my screen protector :'(

Someone did highly recommend the $15 nyko tempered glass screen armor. Did buy it, haven't used it yet since I can't use the system docked at the moment.

Last edited:
If you plan on playing in tabletop mode, I highly recommend the Hori stand. You can connect the charger to it, so that you don't need to worry about your Switch losing power.

Another must-have item is a pro controller. Especially if you have big hands.

Last edited:
A CASE! Any kind of study carrying case or bag, and make sure it will actually protect it! I would love to have a cute crocheted little pouch, but that's not going to protect my switch if it falls out of my bag in my driveway. I just havea plain black nintendo brand black case, but it's saved my switch a bunch of times. A screen protector is a good idea too, I was kinda wary about sliding my switch in the dock without one, and if you look closely you can see some scuffs and mino scatches on the potector.

If you plan on playing the switch docked, a pro controller is a good investment. I love mine, and originally my SO and I were just going to share it but he ended up getting his own for when we play together! It's so much more comfortable to use instead of the joy cons.

as others have mentioned, get a case. I have one with space for 10 game cartridges, the console with joy-cons, and something small like a charger. it's great to have if you're travelling or taking your switch with you somewhere.

If you want to download games or take a lot of screenshots, I suggest getting a micro SD card for your switch. you insert it at the back of the console, behind the little leg stand and it's easy to remove to transfer photos from your switch onto your computer.

Last edited:
Thank you for all of your help everyone! I'm planning on getting a NH theme case when those release, the charger stand, and a screen protector. Will also get an SD card to make sure I have room for games.

Thank you for all of your help everyone! I'm planning on getting a NH theme case when those release, the charger stand, and a screen protector. Will also get an SD card to make sure I have room for games.

That’s essentially all you need!! If you are planning on buying most of your library physically, I would also recommend a game card case at a later date!!

Yeah tbh you don't need many accessories, don't fall for advertisements that tell you otherwise. The only real necessities would be a case for your Switch and maybe one for games, possibly an additional charger to take with you and maybe charging stand. Although I bought a charging stand years ago and still haven't used it once.

I've read a lot of reviews, and many people said it scuffed the joy cons.

Edit. I went and bought the Skull & Co.

Last edited:
depending on how many games ur planning to play/download, i recommend getting an sd card for extra space. im going out today to buy a 128gb one, which means i wont ever have to worry about running out of space

To me, the Pro Controller is a must especially if you play on the TV more than handheld mode. It is super comfortable and full of impressive technology that adds to the experience.

Back