• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Moving save data! (Sorted)

syn

Bells
Switch
4126-6482-1137
Didn't really know where to post this thread, but I'm upgrading from a second hand 3DS to a brand new Animal Crossing 3DS XL, I've been playing AC:NL for just other a month now, and I'm wondering if theres any way to transfer my save data?
I assumed it would transfer with the data transfer tool available on 3DS, but everywhere online says it doesn't work, help!

It's a downloaded version from the Store, if that makes any kind of difference!

Please help me!

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Hmm, when I upgraded I used the system transfer and everything was copied across perfectly on my other (downloaded) games (my AC is a cartridge) so I don't see why it would be any different, if you do try it, be sure to let people know the outcome, I'm sure it'd help someone in your position down the line! :) good luck!

Yes, when I used the system transfer tool, everything went over perfectly! Street pass data, everything. All game information, cartridge or otherwise. Hopefully it does the same for you.

This isn't a question I've been having, but I've been eyeing a New 3DS XL to upgrade from my normal 3DS XL and because I have a digital copy of New Leaf I was really worried about this. This clears things up a lot and honestly makes me feel so much better about the prospect of getting a new system!

This isn't a question I've been having, but I've been eyeing a New 3DS XL to upgrade from my normal 3DS XL and because I have a digital copy of New Leaf I was really worried about this. This clears things up a lot and honestly makes me feel so much better about the prospect of getting a new system!

If you have a lot of digital games buy a larger micro card before you do the transfer. Read a lot of posts where all games except ACNL transferred okay. There wasn't enough room on the small micro card that comes with the NEW 3DS and they lost their digital ACNL town. SD card isn't equal to the micro card.

Hey everyone, thanks for all your replies!
It all went fine!
Did a full system transfer, took quite a while but happy to say my town was still there when I opened up Animal Crossing again!
My pre-installed copy of happy home designer (I was worried it'd go in the transfer) stayed too!

Thanks everyone! :)

Back