• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Eligible ˗ˏˋ ꒰ ⟡ 𓆩 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗽 𓆪 ⟡ ꒱ ˊˎ˗

Status
Not open for further replies.
Island/Town Name
moondrop
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Cherry
Native Flower
Windflowers

digimon

☆ dandori issue ☆
Bells
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth

01.png
6PnoqO0.png
1.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
hello and welcome to my animal crossing new horizons journal for 2023! this is actually the second journal i've ever started here on tbt! unfortunately i never ended up posting much there besides a few set up posts. by then my drive to continue playing acnh had vanished. and just like my island, i kinda abandoned it lol i haven't actually "played" this game in quite some time, probably over a year and a half? i usually play on my second island but it's become a desolate and lonely space since i don't really play anymore (except for tbt events, gotta collect those sweet 28x28 pixels) what i do enjoy is all the different tbt events that incorporate a design element/creating custom designs and the more recent 3 x 3 design challenges. i hope to use this journal to highlight what i've done for that specific day, kinda like a check-in. here's to all the crafting i've missed and all the tools i'm going to absolutely demolish over the next ten journal days. catch you in the next post, and bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
*best viewed on desktop!

Last edited:

02.png

02.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
don’t be fooled by the registration date on my passport! i started my first island on march 20th 2020 like many of the other users in the animal crossing community. i actually couldn’t wait to get my hands on a copy while things were closing down around this time and bought a digital copy, something i usually don’t do for video games. this game came out at a time where things in my life and in the world were very uncertain and quite scary. it was incredibly easy to dump several hundred of hours into my first copy of this game and then i eventually went on to purchase a new horizons edition switch. (i still use my older switch model but something tells me that it may be on it’s very last bit of life with the way it overheats)

i absolutely loved getting to know the villagers on my island, even though the conversations got kinda stale sometimes. something i have always struggled with is getting the motivation to settle for an island theme and actually decorating my island from “head to toe…or stream to sea!” as isabelle would put it. it’s to the point where i never actually got a 5 star rating on my old island. i didn’t get that rating or the lily of the valley until pretty recently. during a tbt decorating event i think i placed enough items down to qualify for a 5 star rating. i was so shocked when isabelle told me i had reached 5 stars because i had built it up to something that had to perfect and almost unattainable until my island was “complete” but just like that, one tbt event later my first few lily of the valley started sprouting. i only have a few but they’re my favourite and to me they represent good things don’t only come “at a perfect timing.” there is no such thing as a perfect time. so for this event, over the course of these next 10 days i hope to cut myself some slack and be patient with myself. to have fun interacting with my villagers again and to not worry about having to make things look perfect. i want to focus on the things that made me want to sink all those hours into the game and just have fun overall

jWfvaXK.gif

03.png

map.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
oh boy uhhh... a theme? kidcore? fairy tale? city-esque? nature/ forest inspired? these are all themes (and probably many more) i’ve tried to chase after in the past and yet the satisfaction of a completed island aesthetic has evaded me for the past few years. i’m not entirely sure what the theme of my island is to be honest. the hours of doom scrolling and looking on at the super aesthetic islands people post on the internet started to leave me feeling defeated. eventually the feelings of defeat turned into apathy and i eventually stopped paying my island a visit.

looking at my map now you can probably tell there hasn't been too much done to the landscape aside from a bit of minimal terraforming and the addition of a few staircases and a couple of bridges. i think at the time of making this island, i tried my best to keep the overall physical landscape pretty similar because: 1. i suck at terraforming and 2. i hate terraforming. i also took down majority of the waterfalls i had made around my plaza and resident rep center because the sound the water makes was driving me insane!

if you look close, you can see my house at the top of the map (i use 2 strategically hidden warp pipes to get from the top of the map to the bottom of the map in a split!)​

jWfvaXK.gif

04.png

vlist.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
i feel like anyone who knows me on this site can probably guess who my absolute favourite villager is. i'm literally screaming it out loud as i type it because i can't contain myself but, it's puck we go way way back! back to 2013 when he was a random move in on my animal crossing new leaf town. i remember hating him so much because he decided to plant his house right on top of my flower garden. i tried getting rid of him for weeks but the more i spoke to him the more i realized that he was actually a pretty funny guy. he also was one of the first lazy villagers i had gotten close to which made that villager type end up being one of my favourite ones. (seriously ya'll don't sleep on lazy villagers just because they're obsessed with bugs give them a chance!)

i'm completely enamored by the animal crossing x sanrio crossover ever since they released on new leaf. i knew it was only a matter of time until nintendo brought them back to us for new horizons but i'm literally obsessed with them (well except for rilla but we don't talk about rilla...) if for any reason we ended up getting to have more than 10 villagers, my next move ins would most likely be chai and then chelsea for real! i cut myself off after toby, étoile and marty though, look at me, showing self restraint.

aside from these 4, the only other villager that really has a more permanent position on this island is merengue. i mean look at her, she's literally a slice of strawberry shortcake she's so adorable.​

jWfvaXK.gif
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ​

05.png

03.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
the clothes that my rep is wearing in the polaroids to the right of this text section are what i like to call my resident rep’s default outfit. from top to bottom, it consists of the following articles of clothing: halo, mom’s hand-knit sweater (teddy bear variant), down skirt (yellow), bobby socks, loafers and occasionally a star pochette. the true star of my main fit would definitely be the teddy bear mom’s sweater. there’s something so incredibly sweet about the idea that my in-game mom made the sweater herself. i like to imagine that there’s love sewn into every single stitch awww i absolutely love my in-game mom!

you’ll find me wearing this outfit quite often on my island, but for the purpose of this daily journal event i’d like to challenge myself to broaden my fashion horizons. i have a few ideas for outfits that i’d like to tailor to different things i’m doing around my island. but there will definitely be times where i’ll probably go back to my default outfit (it’s what my rep is comfiest in!)

jWfvaXK.gif

02.png
08.png
03.png
17.png

13.png
10.png
01.png
09.png

12.png
18.png
11.png
05.png

Last edited:

06.png

04.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
i'm no stranger to time travelling in animal crossing! an old habit that has stayed with me since playing animal crossing new leaf is setting my clock backwards into the day to enjoy mornings and early afternoons with my villagers. i don’t have much time to play during these times but love the certain fresh feeling that comes with playing in the morning/afternoon. i think for new leaf, this had more to do with most of my villagers would already seem to be in their houses winding down for the end of the day by the time i was able to settle down and boot up the game. it'd make me so sad because i wouldn't be able to hang out with them during the my day due to unavoidable circumstances. with new horizons, i find myself flip-flopping back and forth to the current time and back a few hours. i also will skip days forward if i know tom nook is working on something on the island. i'm basically impatient as heck and will jump forward to complete any island projects.

keeping up with my time skipping! here i am enjoying a hearty and delicious breakfast on this fine evening lol the update that had all the food items brought back literally saved my life, i mean look how cute that mixed-fruits sandwich is afterwards i spent a quiet "morning" watching a little bit of my favourite program: idol tv. after singing along to a few songs i head out to work!​

jWfvaXK.gif

1_1.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
great googly moogly! i don’t know why lol but i sure was shocked to see how messy the less visited areas of my island was. i usually tend to use the same patch of area when designing different builds for belltree events, so it was a total shock to see how far the flowers have spread across my island. the polaroid on the left is a large field of green mums and hyacinths which i seem to remember starting as a small garden. (i took the photo a few days ago when i was trying to assess the damage orz) it’s definitely gotten way out of control either way. i’ll be working to clear up this patch asap! here's me absolutely malding over the fact that i'm going to have to pick up each of these flowers (and many more!) up with a shovel....one.....by.....one..... :^)​

jWfvaXK.gif

05.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
whew! i definitely have my work cut out for me. from dropped items, gyroids making sounds everywhere to random unassessed fossils i have a lot of picking up to do! there’s a little something behind me here in this photo on the left, but it’s a total work in progress and not ready to be shared with the world just yet. i also took a little break from all the cleaning up to stop and smell the flowers. pictured lower is my more permanent diy station, i have other work benches scattered across the island for easy access but this station is the one that looks nicest to me. i actually low key kinda hate how the atm and large storage container look here and might consider moving them both. they’re only place there out of convenience but they look kinda misplaced here. i’ll have to brainstorm some other locations i can put them that looks good but is also functional (maybe hidden behind screens?)

that's all i have for today's update folks! i'm signing off but i'll catch you later on my next post! bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

06.png

06.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
i feel like i talked a big game about getting these flowers cleared but folks there are just so many….it literally makes me want to cry. i’ve already gone through two shovels today (although to be fair i feel like they weren’t fresh shovels so they probably didn’t had a lot of durability left to them) do you see that giant patch of flowers to the right of me? that nonsense extends to the strange patch of land behind my resident services centre, which by the way i have no clue what i'll be doing with that. specifically the weird little patch of land. most of my rivers have not been terraformed so i'm a bit hesitant to ruin the current flow and shape of my rivers. i also can't stand how the dirt path can't connect to the bridge in a natural way but i'm sure i can find a design code to fix it up. this is me literally straight up naruto running away from all my problems

jWfvaXK.gif

07.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
here i am, so very hard at work lol anytime i start "tidying up" i imagine my rep singing that one song: "it's about drive, it's about power. we stay hungry, we devour. put in the work, put in the hours and take what's ours (ahoo)" today i managed to finish clearing off the flowers/weeds/dropped items and random objects that were littered all over my island's main dirt path. which when i actually say it out loud it doesn't sound like a lot but this is honestly one of my least favourite things to do in the game. i'll take dealing with crafting or stuck with a million prompts when trying to fly with dodo airlines any day over this to be honest

also, does anyone else just love using little land tiles to bop around and across bodies of water? i mean look, there's a perfectly good bridge right there i can use but something about the little jump animation is so fun that i want to keep placing more of these random 1 x 1 tiles.​

jWfvaXK.gif

08.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
and of course i didn't forget to just take in the scenery and relax for a little bit. the sunlight peeking out from behind the clouds makes my heart feel so happy! the weather was absolutely beautiful today so i decided to take some time to look at a book at my island's old ice rink that was repurposed into a garden. i designed the area with the intention of moving all the rocks to this area in the shape of a circle, but that might just be a project for another day (i had a rock garden on my old island and it took a lot of design codes placed on the ground and even more patience to get the rocks exactly where i needed them.)

what's on the docket for tomorrow? well i haven't seen too much of puck these past couple of days so i might just have invite him over for a play date tomorrow. and i'll see if i'm up for more tidying up, otherwise there's a good chance i might be interested in going to work on some vacation houses for happy home paradise. which is something that's always super fun to do, although i feel like i can't do too many houses because i start to feel like i'm doing the same thing to each vacation home lol! with that, i'm signing off here. i'll catch you on my next post, so bye bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

Last edited:

06.png

09.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
the motivation to do any cleaning whatsoever seemed to fly out of me as soon as i booted up my game today. instead i spoke to a few villagers and caught up with them. (some i haven’t spoken to in over a year!) i was able to talk to tad, sasha and merry this evening, who were all so very worried about me since i disappeared ugh putting it like that makes me feel kinda bad to be honest lol i was able to snap a picture of sasha walking past the forest near the plaza and thought the lighting looked so pretty. it was getting pretty close to sunset by this time! can you tell i love the combination of cedar trees and mush lamps? i feel like they're littered all over my island but they pair so ridiculously well together! i especially love the blue and white colour variations of the mush lamps. they're so pretty. merry was fishing by the mini pond that's outside of her house. for a split second i considered getting my fishing rod that's been collecting dust in my storage. i kinda grew to dislike bug catching and fishing but i think i'll join the next villager i see fishing. i feel like maybe it'd be more fun to fish with a friend instead and maybe that'll motivate me to keep working on my critterpedia!​

jWfvaXK.gif

10.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
puck ended up coming over to my house for a visit! i invited him over for an arts and crafts night. we worked on making different sculptures out of clay and had snacks as we watched tv. we're planning on gifting each other our finished products to display in our houses. this little indoor build was actually created on harv's island! i tried to create it as similarly as i would to a room in my own house and decided to go with the falling-snow wall. i think it really helps tie everything together and it makes the room have a cozier vibe. my favourite little detail to pair with this wallpaper are snowflake shaped glow in the dark stickers on all the windows. there's a lily record player in that back that's softly playing stale cupcakes as the snow gently falls from the sky, i put the item on the open wooden shelves hoping it'd look like i was displaying a large vinyl record. it's super hard to see but puck and i are wearing matching smocks he's got the duck version of the kids' smock, while i have the frog version.

jWfvaXK.gif

11.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
there wasn't much "work" done on the island today which is okay, but i did continue to add a bit more details on that secret work in progress i talked about earlier. i think it's almost done but i can't help but feel like something is missing. i keep trying to ask the snowman i placed beside the latest attraction on the island for help, but he wouldn't answer no matter how much i pleaded.

i've also been thinking that i need to rework my main entrance from the airport. i can't really shake the feeling that it's too plain and perhaps the cliffs i've terraformed around it are too spread apart making the area look kinda empty. i looked over it when i was flying back from harv's and just felt like it needs some attention. so after i finish up the little project i've been working on, i might start on designing a new entrance. i'm on the fence about demolishing the bridge that's right beside it now though.... that is all i have for today folks! i'm signing off here but i will definitely catch you on my next post, so bye bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

06.png

13.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
ah the big reveal! it feels like i may have built this up to be way bigger than it actually is, but i actually reconstructed moondrop’s old ice rink! it’s in a different location than where it used to be and it isn’t as contained as it used to be. i wanted to go for a more of a frozen lake in the forest kinda vibe. i still feel like it’s terribly plain but i might try to add more items here and there until i’m satisfied satisfaction? lol who is she? i do love how glowy it looks at night-time, as usual those mush lamps are doing the heavy lifting for my need for a glowy vibe. i fear a more perfect item doesn't exist folks....lol i’m kinda glad i took pictures today though since the sky is cloudy and the real moon is hiding. the moon i placed on the cliffs reminds me of when a super moon can be seen in the sky. it looks like it’s close enough for me to reach in and use it as a balloon.​

jWfvaXK.gif

14.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
omg! merry's moving away?! i was hoping there’d be a move out during my 10 day journal playthrough but i would have never guessed that it would have been merry asking. i don’t know why but i got it in my head that either tad or hopkins would be next to go. i stayed on her prompt asking me if she should move away for a bit, hovering over the “omg no way, you should stay” but ultimately i decided to let her go. it’s bittersweet because merry is my oldest villager and i’ve grown to love her, but i fear i’d be holding her back from all her dreams of being a world famous pop star. moondrop won’t be the same without her, but i have a feeling she’s going to have many more amazing adventures to come. i’ll always remember how sweet merry was! and how hard she tried to get me to come out of my shell with her friendly and cheery nature.

now the question remains, do i risk getting a villager i don’t really care for with a natural move in? or do i brainstorm a list of potential villagers i’d like to have on moondrop? ideally, i’d like another peppy villager or even a sisterly/snooty villager since i haven’t had one recently. i might try my luck on some island tours and see who i come across there.​

jWfvaXK.gif

15.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
on my walk around moondrop i came across merengue! after greeting each other we both stop by nook’s cranny to do some shopping. we stopped to admire how adorable the snowman decoration by nook’s cranny is. i finally managed to catch puck while he was home today! i kept missing him these past few days but i actually had a lost item bag that needed to be returned to him. i had asked merry earlier if it was hers but i think she said it was sticky and smelt like juice and i knew exactly who it belonged to once she said that. i sprinted over to his house and saw the lights were on.

i always feel a bit sad that on this island puck’s house isn’t littered with my gifts. i didn’t gift him anything he could place in his house because for some strange reason, early on in my playthrough i fixated on the idea that i had to keep his base house "perfect". i never took advantage of the ability to change the interiors of villager homes, so i might consider starting with puck’s house. i’m just so terrified of “messing it up” but i want to try really hard to give my bestie a really beautiful living space i know i'm incredibly hard on myself but i think if i try my best and design with my heart it might just turn out alright? i'm not 100% sure but i'll give it a go in the next few days and report my results here!​

jWfvaXK.gif

12.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
after going shopping merengue and i invited puck to harv's island to work on some baking recipes! don't look too close at the range behind merengue.....i may or may not have burned some of the caramel we were working on. but it's okay because the other things we made turned out great! puck was especially proud of the cat he drew on the cake. merengue was giving up a crash course on how to slice and arrange the bread in the basket. she tried helping us draw the smiley faces as well, but the ones puck and i made could never compete with merengue's. so......we then decided it'd be better to eat them and they were delicious! i have a good feeling that tomorrow will hold yet another adventure at harv's, so please look forward to it (o´▽`o)

i'm signing off for the night now! catch you on the flip side, and bye bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

06.png

16.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
it was a beautiful and sunny day here on moondrop! on my walk to go visit the stores to see what was in stock, i found puck hanging out by the plaza. i was able to snap a picture of him taking a moment to smell the flowers! he’s so adorable and this just made my heart feel so full, i literally could have cried! ( ´ ▽ ` ).。o i also love how i was able to get a picture of puck standing in front of labelle at just the right angle (sorry by the way labelle) it looks like puck has little ears on the top of his head and i’m so obsessed lol seeing him totally cheered me up right away!

seeing these photos makes me remember that i also haven't gifted puck any clothes on this island ugh i'm such a bad friend but it goes back to me starting this playthrough with all of my villagers to have their base houses and default outfits :/ i feel kinda sad that i was thinking in such a restrictive way. i'm going to start gifting him things asap! i do want to choose something that would suit him though and wrap it in gift wrap. maybe a hat would do? i love how silly he looks when he doesn't have his default helmet/hat on. best choice nintendo ever made in my opinion was making puck's hat detachable in new horizons. he's so perfect i love him so very much ( ˘⌣˘)

jWfvaXK.gif

18.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
i've really enjoyed making rooms and scenes at harv’s based on different villagers has been incredibly fun! i was on my way over to design a new room based on tad but got a bit sidetracked when i remembered that katrina has a fortune telling service on harv’s island. i hurried over to her to get my fortune read. katrina began to chant and then all of a sudden after seeing a bright burst of light, i swore i could almost see myself in the crystal ball. katrina told me that wealth would find it’s way to me and boy do i hope that’s true because running an island is not cheap! and it might also have something to do with the fact that i'm an impulsive shopper. each time i'm out shopping, i can hear myself say "yes i do need this and yes i need one in every colour available"

i was more wary of katrina potentially telling me that my luck would be bad today? like does anyone else get kinda alert when you find a bad outlook from a horoscope or from something random like a fortune cookie? i know that things like these are meant to be fun but i seem to always try to be extra careful when something points me in that direction. i'm quite impressionable i guess! and that checks out because i feel like i'm a really gullible too! (*μ_μ) i wonder if katrina gets that vibe from me and maybe knows that....hmmmmm​

jWfvaXK.gif

17.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
here is what tad, puck and i worked on at harv’s island! i imagined that we’re deep in the forest collecting different berries for the mixed berry pie we’ll be making later. it eventually started to rain so i’m glad tad talked us into bringing out rain gear. my basket is filled up to the brim with a delectable mix of blackberries, strawberries and blueberries! we stopped for a break here on this log to put our feet up and take in the views and the fresh crisp air. we should probably start heading home soon since puck is starting to look kinda sleepy. we’ll have to see if we can call merengue to see if she can help us put the pie together. between tad, puck and i, we have a tendency to burn things and make them kinda inedible. so calling merengue would be for the best! lol she can also try and teach us her famous pie crust recipe while she’s over!​

jWfvaXK.gif

20.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
moving day is day is here for merry! i got a bit sad and almost didn’t want to go into her house to say goodbye. but i’m really glad i did honestly, it would have been even sadder if i just ghosted right before she left. i shed some tears and she looked on worriedly but we reassured each other that we’d definitely keep in touch.

i think i was on the fence about going island hopping but totally forgot how much i hate new horizon's villager move in system from the campsite (ノ_<。) like, who goes camping three times before deciding you want to move to a new island? so it looks like i'll be going island hopping to fill in my 10th villager slot tomorrow! i'll try to keep track of who i come across but i feel like i'll be hopping for a bit unless i come across a villager i really love early on. with that, i'm signing off here for the night! bye bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

06.png

21.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
today's mission was pretty simple. i almost want to scream it out in my best oprah 'you get a car' voice: "FILL THAT PLOT!" i tried dressing myself up just right for the occasion, choosing clothes that are breatheable. shoes that were durable enough for me to run around in, and a large straw hat to keep the sun out of my eyes. i was prepared for anything! i even took pictures of the plot of land to show any villager who was possibly interested in moving to moondrop. with a a couple stacks of nook mile tickets i was off to the airport in search of anyone to fill the newly emptied plot of land.

i gotta say i think i'm doing alright on the fashion front! i honestly thought i'd just be wearing my default outfit for the next 10 days but i've been trying really hard to mix things up. i definitely need to check able's sisters more often and buy more clothes. and i probably need to be a lot less picky about what i buy! i want to start looking up more clothing design codes too *___* but honestly i have to consider maybe deleting older design codes to clear up some space for new ones. how fitting for the new year, out with the old and in with the new!​

jWfvaXK.gif

23.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
now hold on a second digi.....didn't you say you'd be taking pictures of every villager you came across? and that you'd be island hopping for awhile to find the perfect villager to fill the new plot? .......well yes.....but you see i made my way over to the island and well... i just couldn't say no to molly! i mean look at her! she's so adorable and cute villagers are my absolute weakness orz

the real dilemma now is realizing that i have 3 normal villagers. and while it's okay and having 3 villagers with the same personality is something that i've done in the past, it's always left me feeling like conversations were getting stale. while typing this actually, i'm realizing that i've got 4 normal villagers and 4 lazy villagers ☆⌒(> _ <) i'm going to try and maybe move goldie out since merengue and étoile are my favourites (yes i'm playing favourites, please don't tell my villagers |・д・)ノ ) and as for lazy villagers, sasha is probably gonna have to go. i just feel like we aren't really vibing with each other​

jWfvaXK.gif

25.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
continuing my impromptu design challange at harv’s island, next up was marty! i pictured this being a cafe where you could buy and borrow books but also stop in for a drink. and of course puck and i decided that our work uniforms had to be super cute! we had barista uniforms on hand but puck and i agreed that they were kinda drab. marty was hard at work, whipping up lots of delicious things for the big opening day. hope to see lots of customers on our big grand opening day!​

jWfvaXK.gif

22.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
after designing at harv's, i went to work on adding some more details to my museum. i actually like how i terraformed the space. it's in an area of my island that is kinda tight on space, but i made it all work in the end. i'm hard at work removing trees, flowers and old items that i had displayed there. i'm still waiting on some more items that i ordered from my catalog to come in, so it isn't complete yet. so the final results of my museum will have to wait another day lol

i was starting to get tired from all the excitement of today and i ended up relaxing by the sea, taking in that salty breeze and letting the tide wash over any weariness i had. that's all for my update from today folks! i'll catch you on my next post, so bye bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

06.png

26.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
whew! the past couple of days were super duper busy for me! i was about to post a journal entry last night to show how many plants i was able to clear up, but it seems sleep had another plan for me. i went through a brand new shovel in a clean up session and i'm not sure how many uses i can get out of one, but it felt like a lot. i've been busy clearing up the non-hybrid flowers and then dropping them off to sell at nook's cranny. then i woke up this morning...and i was about to post the areas of my island that i worked on for a bit yesterday but something happened after waking up today. i was working so so hard that i apparently felt the need to take a little break and dozed for off a bit. the hour rolled over and i seemed to magically be transported back to my house. all of a sudden, i could hear footsteps crunching in the snow and soft knocking at my door. who could it be knocking at my door at 5 am?

still feeling quite groggy, i went to check and see who it was, and it was puck! he wasn't making a lot of sense, and that's not just the sleepiness talking! he said that i just had to go over to his house right away! no delays or dilly dallying!​

jWfvaXK.gif

27.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
after making the "long" trip over to puck's house (just kidding, his house is right next door to mine ) puck led the way in. once we got in, it was dark and quiet; puck usually has k.k. march playing at all hours of the day? all of a sudden a loud "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" went off in his house! and with a flash of the bright lights, i could see hopkins and goldie bopping around and cheering excitedly. puck's house was tidy, decorated and surprisingly bug free! that's a first! and in the center of the room, a table was decked out with all the fixings needed for a birthday party! we sang, we danced and we even got to take turns trying to break the pinata puck tied to the ceiling. i wonder how he even got it up there??? afterwards puck gifted me some birthday cupcakes to take home with me!​

jWfvaXK.gif

28.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
the design challange at harv’s island for today is a big birthday party at my house with all my villagers! the party continued on over at "my house". i tried my best to pick outfits and hats that fit each and every one of my villagers. everyone looks so adorable, it's making me wanna tear up to be honest. i even decided to get dressed up, it's a kinda hard to see but i'm wearing the fanciest dress i own. it even comes with a string of pearls attached to it ( *__*) i had tad lean over to the side so you can see the candles and strawberry cream cake in all it's delicious glory... it was tricky, but i definitely wanted to fit everyone in, so everyone huddled in close together! merengue was sure to take lots of pictures (and selfies lol)​

jWfvaXK.gif

002.png

now playing - happy birthday to you by joy

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
birthdays have always been hard for me. not because i'm afraid of getting older but there are things in my life that have led me to have negative feelings towards celebrating my birthday; and by extension, celebrating me. i won't get too into here on tbt dot com but it's incredibly difficult to feel like i deserve to be celebrated or to have the spotlight on me. in real life, i'm incredibly and sometimes almost painfully shy! something that's made experiencing my birthday exponentially better over the years is animal crossing! i've been celebrating my birthday with my villagers ever since 2013 and hanging out with the villagers on my town or island is something that's always left me feeling incredibly happy!

this is the birthday girl signing off for the night! i'll catch you on my next post, so bye bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

Last edited:

06.png

29.png

now playing - goblin by sulli

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
i'm back from almost succumbing to a self induced birthday themed food coma! the birthday party seemed to be a huge success! all the villagers seemed to have lots of fun and enjoyed all the delicious treats we had. i even shared some of the birthday cupcakes with some of the villagers i met up with after the party!

i've definitely been more of a sleepy head lately and have been taking naps in the early evening, even though i try my hardest to stay up a bit later so i'm not waking up during the night. i have been waking up at odd hours, which is partly why this journal entry is coming out at around 3:30 am. i decided to set the clock to the current time and check to see if anyone else was awake at this time like me. i was the only one out an about at this time and was over at my farm and garden area. i was grumbling on about how i should consider making the space smaller to fit in other island attractions. i suddenly saw something moving up on the cliff by the farm....something glowy? and kinda floaty? it looked kinda like it was hiding behind the trees and it was super hard to see from far away, so i went up the ramps to the top of the cliff and went over to investigate!​

jWfvaXK.gif

30.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
now i've been warned about shady art salesmen and strangers being washed up on the shores of the beach, but no one ever told me moondrop was haunted! and the strange thing is, when i approached this spooky looking spirit, he called me a ghost! i feel like i was cool as a cucumber but he got so scared that he just made like a banana and split up into different pieces! not gonna lie, it looked like it really hurt!​

jWfvaXK.gif

31.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
the spirit introduced himself to me and is named "wisp" and it turns out he needed some help. he needed me to help him collect the parts of his spirit that split off from himself and bring them back to him. in exchange, he'd offer me a reward! i would have done it for free of course, and i couldn't turn down the chance to dress up for a night time spirit hunt! the bulb bopper i decided definitely help with keeping my walking path well lit in the darkness. i was afraid i'd be tripping and slipping all over the island otherwise!​

jWfvaXK.gif

32.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
i managed to find all the pieces of his spirit! i will say it was kinda tricky because there were pieces hiding in places i'd least expect them to be. i also love that this made visit spots on my island that don't exactly get the most attention. i handed them back to wisp and with a bright beam of light he was his ghostly self again. i will say he's pretty adorable just the way he is! he ended up offering me a piece of furniture; one either new to me or one that is expensive but might own already. i ended up going with a new piece of furniture and he gave me a safe.....which strangely enough i thought i had already owned but it's the thought that counts i guess in this case! this definitely was a great way to pass the time until i start getting sleepy again, which funny enough is now! i'll be signing off for the night day? here i guess and will catch you on my next post, so bye bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

06.png

33.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
the winter blues are in full effect! well....to be fair i'm a pretty moody person all year round....i tend to be more on the and melancholy kinda side, but something about how dark and gloomy winter is kinda makes me feel like i'm going to lose my marbles. it's definitely better in new horizons though. like i got to catch a few pictures of this aurora i saw while walking around at night! i got kinda teary eyed and wished i could see something like this in real life!​

jWfvaXK.gif

34.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
i've recently been hit with the worst winter snowfall of the season (so far anyways.....) but i just couldn't shake the feeling that i'm tired of looking at all the snow in new horizons! my original plan was to time travel to new horizon's thaw date right after my birthday, but i decided to hang around for a few more days (my decision was also influenced on the fact that i'd be missing puck's birthday but i'm a shameless time traveler so i figured i'd go back to his birthday on the actual day)

i spent the early morning hours these photos with an incredibly strong dung beetle! i watched on in shock as it pushed snowballs that were two to three times larger than itself! i even had to snap a few pictures so i could show puck later on. i ended up helping the dung beetle put the other snowball on top of the one it was pushing......but we kinda got the order mixed up. the snowboy we rolled out was not impressed. in fact i'd even go as far to say he was kinda miffed about how he turned out.....​

jWfvaXK.gif

ㅤㅤ
37.png
35.png

now playing - work by bbhf

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
after all the fun i had partying and hanging out with ghosts, i figured i would get back to work! i've been cycling back and forth between humming work by bbhf and work by rihanna these past few play sessions! on the left, you can see i'm hard hard at work clearing up the last of the flowers near the front and sides of my resident rep center ( *A* )9 all that's really left is the large patch behind the rep center and also the flowers i've moved over to the beach. i've gone through 3 more newly purchased shovels and have sold a large chunk of what i dug up! i still feel like i'm hanging on to a lot of them to use to decorated around my island.

i was gonna post my museum area that was shaped the same and just decorated differently but i ended up hating it and scrapped the whole section. i do like where the museum is placed on the map, but it felt kinda clunky and wasn't a great use of the space. so instead i moved the museum to the beach for the time being and gutted the whole area! afterwards i started terraforming the cliff areas that will hold some lush foliage behind the museum. i also added a little seaside work area for blathers to visit when working on his research!​

jWfvaXK.gif

38.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
i didn't spend any more time at harv's island recently, but here is tad cheering me on while simultaneously teaching me the encouragement reaction! and it couldn't have come at a better time! i was kinda running out of steam by this point but tad really cheered me up!

i'll be signing off here for today! i hope to continue working on my museum area and hopefully get another villager "room" at harv's completed! catch you on my next post, so TTFN! ta ta for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

Last edited:
06.png

39.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
brrrr!! it's been super cold where i am these past few days and it's really helped me feel like i made the right choice to jump to the thaw date in new horizons. if only i could do that in the real world.....today unlike the real world "digi", new horizons digi enjoyed feeling the warm sun brighten everything up! i was feeling so great i even decided to change up my look super drastically! valentine's day is right around the corner and i wanted to challenge myself to dress up for the theme. i'm a such a sucker for anything love-core or heart-core and i love a good theme, i just can't help myself

i feel like i usually don't change my hair colour often (maybe sometimes during halloween; surprise surprise.... another holiday lol) but something about this cotton candy pink is just so sweet and adorable~ i'm going to continue experimenting with different styles and see if i want to continue trying to keep with a love-core theme, so i'll see where that takes me​

jWfvaXK.gif

40.png

now playing - the great mermaid by le sserafim

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
aside from working on my museum area, today i also worked on a little mermaid cove on the western side of my island. out on the beach rocks, i tried to lay out all the items i thought mermaids would love to see and use while gathering and socializing with each other. there's even a treasure chest they sneakily tricked a crew of pirates out of. i'm also very wary of calling this "finished" i feel like i'm always hesitant to say things are done because just watch, i guarantee i'll go back later and be like "omg this would be perfect here" or the always more likely "oh....i actually freaking hate this, let's scrap it "​

jWfvaXK.gif

41.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
after taking a short break in which i hemmed and hawed over what exactly i'd be doing with the patch of terraformed under me.... i continued cleaning up and putting the final touches on my museum area. i'm quite the messy decorator to be honest. i lay out all the items i think i need and leave dropped things in a trail behind me. so it feels silly to have to clean up again after i already did before terraforming. you can also see me pictured here, practicing how it'd feel using little land blocks to hop over from my resident rep centre to my museum area!

i might actually end up keeping the little bit of terraformed land since i really like how it kinda makes a little sunken path towards the eastern beach rocks where blathers does his seaside research​

jWfvaXK.gif

42.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
ta dah! here is moondrop's new and improved museum area! i feel like the area itself flows so much better and the image doesn't do the space justice. parts of the sides are kinda cropped out in the image, but overall i'm really happy with how it turned out. i'm still kinda stuck on how to make it flow with entering and exiting the area but that's nothing a little waterscaping can't fix. it definitely needs more items to decorate it but i'm really happy with how the cliffs and leveled look of the trees.

that's all for today folks! tomorrow might bring that harv's island room i'm been procrastinating or honestly, my resident rep centre area could use some love since i finally cleared all those flowers and weeds from there. we'll have to see what happens next time here on moondrop ( ^ u ^)9 bye bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

06.png

44.png

now playing - how can i not know what i need right now by charli xcx

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
it can't really be much of a secret at this point lol the fact that i'm a total mess and a textbook example of what it means to be an indecisive person..... :^) the way i say i'm gonna work on one thing and then suddenly feel the urge to move on to something else.....i need to be studied idk. this honestly might explain how i've never really had a "completed" island in my time of playing new horizons.

it's been quite a dizzying time since i last posted! the week has kinda blended together so i'm glad i could get some designing done in new horizons! so without further ado~ my next project included tearing down my old farm area and creating a greenhouse/garden shop area. i'm not too sure if i like how it kinda blocks the able sisters shop, but here i am working hard to clear the area (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ​

jWfvaXK.gif

45.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
i went over to visit the lovebirds on harv's island i needed to get some furniture recoloured and cyrus was the dude to help get it done. i actually made many more trips afterwards because i got into the vicious cycle of: pick out a furniture piece > lay it out > realize it'd look better in a different colour > realize i can't recolour it > fly over to cyrus >go back home....rinse and repeat...... if only i had better planning skills lol but i sure am glad the air fare is free!

also! i had the sudden realization that i could actually sit on the stack of bagged plant soil! i don't know why it's so shocking to me but i was really excited about it.​

jWfvaXK.gif

43.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
it's definitely a work in progress but the framework for my greenhouse is underway! i don't have enough space for all the flowers and plants i'd like to use in the soil so i'll have to be sure picky with what i choose! i still need to add in some more shop-like items as well, to kinda tie everything together. i'm also kinda debating the path styles i laid out and might switch everything out with some custom paths....but we'll just have to see what happens next time i play!

i'm signing off here folks, catch you on the flip side and bye bye for now!

jWfvaXK.gif

06.png

46.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
i know i've already hit that 10 entry requirement for this journaling event but i just couldn't help but come back after a full week off. the acnh burnout i kinda felt after finishing up my previous entry...whew i don't know what it is but playing this in long spurts is really difficult for me. i'm gonna keep chalking this up to seasonal and maybe even a little regular depression! i find it weird that i can sink 10-15 hours (in a sitting) into something like stardew no matter how funky my mood is but acnh is a still a mystery three years on.....

photographed here is my rep testing out the new hay bed laid out in the newly revamped garden shop area. you can also see me low key malding over my island entry area but i literally have no idea what to do with it. it's situated in such a narrow part and i'm the one who's making it narrow because i just have to have a main walkway area that is quite wide...i really am my worst enemy all the dang time lol​

jWfvaXK.gif

48.png

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
and without further ado....! the newly designed garden shop! which i now am realizing photographs pretty terribly since it covers a pretty wide area but i swear it looks better in person i ended up keeping the path tiles the same because i love the different sounds the textures make when walking or running on them. daisy stopped by to purchase some plants and even tested out the walking path for me.

i left a couple of soil plots empty because i'm still on the fence on if i should use them for crops (like combine all of them between two plots?) or just use them to breed the flowers variants i seem to be missing. i'm leaning towards filling it up with flowers and then moving my crops to maybe design an actual farm in the future.​

jWfvaXK.gif

47.png

now playing - je t'aime je t'aime by tommy february6

kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
kq4YY9A.gif
it's a little early for a valentine's day party...but i wanted to end my journal here, together with all my friends on my island! and what better way to bring people together than with a big party. we've got lots of delicious treats and the vibes are on point. don't ask why puck and i are dancing to the weather channel music, the stuff slaps hard.

i'm signing off here for the last time folks! with lots of love from moondrop and back, bye bye!

jWfvaXK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back