• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mini Rant: The 'Same-ness' of posts on Reddit, Twitter etc.

SpiritofAce

The Barista
Bells
Switch
1153-7853-1909
Island
Teacove
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
This is a mini-rant.. if you don't like me having a vent, you might not like this post. I love the vast-majority of things in this game, and it's definitely my favourite Animal Crossing game I've played and will continue to do so for many years - until the next game, of course. :)

So with almost 400 villagers in the game, so much opportunity, so many options for really unique moments in the game and cool photo shoots.. why is it that what you see in the 'social-media bubble' (for lack of a better phrase) for this game is just kinda the same stuff?

'Oh, look! Here's Marshal singing... K.K. Bubblegum! Wow! That's something we haven't seen before... give me likes!!'

'I have Raymond.. so I gave him a Maid's Outfit because that's totally not what everyone else is doing! Haha!'

'Here's all the S-tier villagers singing K.K. Bubblegum!! Isn't it cute?'

I could go on, but I just wish people were posting more variety of things on social media channels - especially in regards to villagers. The posts where people show off their islands are generally really fun to look at, since most people are doing lots of unique things! But we don't need to see Raymond wearing a Maid Outfit for the thousandth time.. or, at least, I don't.

Thank you.

I agree. At first, it was a little cute to see Raymond singing and how people were dressing him. It was a bit... odd, but that’s Twitter for you. Then the next couple hundred times really did it in for me. I do have to admit that my I love seeing Marshal in my town singing, but I’m happy I get to experience that myself first hand and not on a twitter thread.

I get your point, but in the end, it's their island, and it is what they want to post. The villagers that I like are actually kind of similar to the majority (with few exceptions like Bam, Caroline, and Mint, who aren't in my town, yet...) so I would probably post pictures/cute events on my island that just happened to be with the "S-tier" villagers. Also, Bubblegum K.K. is getting SO old for me now, and I never understood the Raymond in a maid outfit thing... 😒

I mean, this pretty much applies to almost everything in social media. Whatever has the most traction and popularity will have the most amount of content being posted about it. It's no different than memes or hashtags that are being used on a daily basis, and it's dependent on whatever is popular right now.

In the case of AC, obviously the things you stated above are what's currently popular for certain fans. Does it personally bother me? Not at all, because I just like to browse what people are up to with the game. It gets repetitive, but there's plenty of content out there to view.

I mean... you don’t have to leave the Bell Tree forums to find repetitive posting. How many “help me choose between villager x and villager y” or “my villager tier list” or “who is better: x or y” can you look at before your brain begins to melt and trickle from your ears?

I take your point though. Fan culture tends to latch onto certain things and then regurgitate them endlessly. Sites like Reddit (rather, certain sub-reddits), Twitter et al are best taken in very small doses, if at all

One thing though: are you posting the kind of content you want to see? Because doing that is probably more effective than wishing other people would provide you with more original content.

Oh yeah, I totally get it. I had bubblegum KK originally playing in my town hall. I have mostly singers and because I kept seeing these posts and memes, I started getting sick of it. Stale cupcakes, ftw! It sounds great when villagers sing to it!

i also noticed this on tbt.
should i go with villager a or b?
which villager should i pick for my x personality type?
i found s-tier villager today on my 2nd nmt island!

and on tumblr with every pic having the same filter and ~cottagecore~ theme (no hate if that is your aesthetic, i think it's nice myself but it is extremely popular rn and i personally like to see a variety of styles, even if they're not my personal preference.)

i just take a break at that point. yes, you can scroll past but it's just annoying to see the same discussions being hashed and the more interesting ones being buried. i guess the only way to combat that is to participate in the discussions you find unique/interesting - at least on this board, i pretty much avoid most other social media lol.

I'll let people like what they like, but I do agree that Bubblegum K.K. is really annoying and I have no idea why people even like it, TBH.

So with almost 400 villagers in the game, so much opportunity, so many options for really unique moments in the game and cool photo shoots.. why is it that what you see in the 'social-media bubble' (for lack of a better phrase) for this game is just kinda the same stuff?

Whenever you have a platform that surfaces content based on updoots like Reddit, Twitter, Imgur, etc., the surest way to make your post trend is to copy or repost content of previously popular posts. It's the very structure of the platform that promotes hivemind mentality and lack of diversity. This goes doubly so when your content can be buried if it's downvoted. Conform conform conform.

people are just having fun. there are lots of repetitive posts for sure, it's inevitable on social media, but some people enjoy looking at those. there are also lots of creative people with awesome ideas and it's definitely worth looking through everything for the good stuff, especially since it takes less than a second to scroll past what you don't wanna see

Popular means a lot more people like them. So yeah, for every Roald post you're gonna find ten Raymond posts. It's just fun for them, and I don't see how that post being about another villager would make that much of a difference. I like seeing cute villagers and funny posts on there.

This is why I resent Raymond and Marshal as a whole! Like can we get more Filbert action Julia action Merry? Kid cat?! ugh it's so annoying see Marshal and Raymond- (Who even said Raymond was pardon my choice of words a gay cross dressing cat?)
Edit: I love kk bubblegum but it's annoying now..it makes me sad...so kk lullaby is my jam

Last edited:
I don't use twitter but I do use reddit, and I'd have to disagree for reddit! I see soooo much creativity and funny stuff on there, and I can't even remember the last time I saw a post of Raymond or just a plain video of villagers singing. if anything it's usually it's people in the comments complaining about how they don't like raymond or unpopular villager appreciation posts, at least what I've seen from browsing the top posts of the week or on my home page

I can't comment for twitter but I can definitely recommend the ac reddit, there's a ton of inspiration to be had there along with just some funny posts of the game being dumb lol

Marshal and Raymond- (Who even said Raymond was pardon my choice of words a gay cross dressing cat?)
I don't use twitter or any social media but the maid dress thing...
no no no no
and yet those people get the likes of everyone on the planet and there are 1million videos of it posted every day
and for god's sake I REFUSE to play bubblegum K.K when any of them walk past my dj turntable,
why? because I've seen 100 videos on it
at this point bubblegum k.k is getting old, I like marathon better :/
Post automatically merged:

I don't know why they like to dress Raymond up as a maid. He looks terrible in it. And most of them say he's gay so it seems like they're implying gay people like to wear women's clothes. 🙄
hm ah yes an office cat with glasses and 2 different colored eyes with a maid dress on

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
who adds
Office + cat + 2 different colored eyes + glasses = mAiD dResS

hm ah yes an office cat with glasses and 2 different colored eyes with a maid dress on

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
who adds
Office + cat + 2 different colored eyes + glasses = mAiD dResS
oh totes mcgotes the maid dress thing has made me want to skin my feet with a carrot peeler every time I've seen it. yes haha funny male wearing clothing that is not usually worn by males haha lol

ah yes, enslaved comedy.

ah yes, enslaved comedy.
what do you want to bet that he only wore it for a day and trashed it the very next day or displayed it in their house?

ugh the maid dress thing gets old fast, it always was old and never funny or cute

You should try ACNH Instagram. I never see Raymond there. Lots of wedding photos as of this morning but no Raymond and only a few Marshals.

Back