• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Midnight Release Party!

14th of June here, lol. I'll be avoiding the forums until I get my game. T____T;;;

Digital, cause i'm getting the bundle. It's one of those games I like to play alot to get everything open then play for 15-45min every day after that. If I go digital then I don't have to worry about carrying it around and swapping out the games. Less chance for me to lose it that way.:blush:

I'm in England too and have ordered New Leaf from shopto. Monster Hunter arrived a day early, so hopefully New Leaf will to!!

Last edited:
I like having physical. I preordered it at my local gamestop so I'm just going to be stalking all the workers until they give me my copy! >:l

I'm in England too and have ordered New Leaf from shopto. Monster Hunter arrived a day early, so hopefully New Leaf will to!!

Amazing, I've preordered from there too and I'm hopeful for a day early as they're posting it on the Wednesday!

I plan to stay up an download it at midnight on June 9, then when it's finished I'll start my game and get my tent, walk around town a little, then get off and continue playing in the morning.

I be getting the physical trust it more myself.

Got A few games on my 3DS A software fault happened reseted my system and lost those games, Lucky they where only 5 dollars but still I have had my Nintendogs game for over 10 years.

Definitely getting it at midnight! Why do it any other way? lol I also want to do it because I'm a nighttime Animal Crossing gamer. Fits my style! :) Looking forward to partying with other friends who are getting it!

I've already paid for my cartridge pre-order from shop to.net. But I also plan on getting Donkey Kong at the end of the month which means that with Monster Hunter and Luigi's Mansion 2, I'd be entitled to a free game. I could download New Leaf so that it'd always be on my machine and keep the cartridge for collectors purposes. However, would I be right in assuming that the digital version and the cartridge version wouldn't share save data?

I've already paid for my cartridge pre-order from shop to.net. But I also plan on getting Donkey Kong at the end of the month which means that with Monster Hunter and Luigi's Mansion 2, I'd be entitled to a free game. I could download New Leaf so that it'd always be on my machine and keep the cartridge for collectors purposes. However, would I be right in assuming that the digital version and the cartridge version wouldn't share save data?

Nintendo says that's the case, but we don't know yet. If you switch the cartridge game on and it creates Extra Data (this goes on the SD Card), then there will be interference problems... If you then went on to use the digital version, the extra data would be overwritten and from then on, each time you switched between physical and digital. We'll just have to wait and see I'm afraid, I never believe companies until I try it for myself so until we find out by playing it, I wouldn't like to definitely say one way or the other.

YAY MIDNIGHT PARTY. c:
To be honest I'll probably just be in bed, waiting for midnight.
I wonder, is it midnight EST or PST?

I shall be joining none of you for the midnight release. xP I'll be trying to get some sleep since I'm getting the bundle thing. The wait from the walk to and from the store is going to kill me.

It's a shame for us midnight purchasers that we'll have to wait until morning to get access to the shops, but oh well.

I'll be watching movies or doing stuff with my wife while I wait for ACNL to download at midnight.
She's mad because she has to wait to get the physical copy the next morning from Gamestop :p

Back