Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

Do I just suck at racing? Or do I just have common bad luck from items? Cause through the past few weeks, or even since release date, I constantly lose a lot.
Do you firehop? Because that's how you win

Don't ever frontrun for the first 2 laps unless you know you can pull a huge lead. I prefer bagging the first lap and moving up the ranks. At that point it's all up to items.

Do I just suck at racing? Or do I just have common bad luck from items? Cause through the past few weeks, or even since release date, I constantly lose a lot.

I feel you. I have the absolute worst luck in Mario Kart it's not even funny. It's so consistent that I can actually predict exactly what's going to happen. For example, a few days ago I was frontrunning Royal Raceway and on the last lap I predicted that I was going to be target shocked by a CPU when I was crossing the glider section. It happened. I came in 8th that race.
There are times when I have awesome winning streaks, but that's just what they are: streaks. After a few races/battles it will end and I'll do awful the rest of the night.

I'm on hiatus from Mario Kart for now. I've been doing awful in battles and at this point it doesn't make me mad but rather depressed. :/

I feel you. I have the absolute worst luck in Mario Kart it's not even funny. It's so consistent that I can actually predict exactly what's going to happen. For example, a few days ago I was frontrunning Royal Raceway and on the last lap I predicted that I was going to be target shocked by a CPU when I was crossing the glider section. It happened. I came in 8th that race.
There are times when I have awesome winning streaks, but that's just what they are: streaks. After a few races/battles it will end and I'll do awful the rest of the night.

I'm on hiatus from Mario Kart for now. I've been doing awful in battles and at this point it doesn't make me mad but rather depressed. :/
Oh really? Huh. I always thought you were ace at Mario Kart and constantly got in the positive places and usually never the negitive.

I'm actually the polar opposite of you. Except for battles, I never do them.

Does anyone take shortcuts in the course Cheese Land on this game?
I sure don't. I wouldn't want to cut the cheese. XD

Does anyone take shortcuts in the course Cheese Land on this game?
I sure don't. I wouldn't want to cut the cheese. XD
Just a question. What does "cut the cheese" mean?

And I need to, just to get ahead of people, duh. And while i'm in 1st, when i'm near the finish line on the final lap. I hope for the best people don't cut the cheese, unless I do myself.

Just your Monday reminder that Mario Kart 8 Monday Madness is tonight at 8:30PM EST!
I might actually join, I have improved a little bit, and I do a pretty good job at shell/banana sniping. And I also drop out when a Blue Shell is incoming when people are close to me.

Just don't prove me wrong when I said I improved a little bit, its just the items that hit me and clumsiness when i'm standing behind a racer holding an item and zooming too close to it or they drop the item.

Dude, don't even worry. Mario Kart is like 5% skill and 95% duck. That's the truth of it. I have terrible duck, but I don't consider myself a bad racer. Frankly, if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, you can go from the top of the pack to the back in seconds. And the items are so terrible in the back of the pack that you're likely to get stuck there, too.

Anyone who boasts about Mario Kart skills is full of it. Go ahead and put that on a resume and see how far it takes you. lol

Just a question. What does "cut the cheese" mean?

And I need to, just to get ahead of people, duh. And while i'm in 1st, when i'm near the finish line on the final lap. I hope for the best people don't cut the cheese, unless I do myself.
That is exactly what it means... Finding ways to shorten your lap due to taking shortcuts, you are technically cutting the cheese because the whole place is pretty much made of cheese.

Dude, don't even worry. Mario Kart is like 5% skill and 95% duck.

It might be 10% skill if they reduced the blue shell rate a **** ton. It happens almost every match when I'm in first. Either that or stop giving the person in first the coin item when they already have 10 and give them the horn. Red shells are just as bad though. If you're airborne that thing will hover right under you until you land right on top of it. I say if you're in the air it should pass you.

Red shells are just as bad though. If you're airborne that thing will hover right under you until you land right on top of it. I say if you're in the air it should pass you.

Agreed. In fact they should just bring back the cannon "invincibility" and apply it to glider sections. People target you like crazy hoping to knock you out of the air.

I got my Vilager amiibo today, so expect me to use only the Villager mii outfit tonight.

Jingle and I will win with our rare amiibo costumes. :3

I got my Vilager amiibo today, so expect me to use only the Villager mii outfit tonight.

:p Villager outfit does look so much better than bedhead villager. And all AC related everything > Mario chars.

Although, you'll have to rep the villager amiibo without me, I'm away at the moment, no Wii U, no Mario Kart, holes in my heart. :c

If you're airborne that thing will hover right under you until you land right on top of it. I say if you're in the air it should pass you.
I did this in Wario Stadium once with a banana peel. The red shell was chasing after me, and I did a trick on the 2nd boost pad where those 2 circling fireball thingys are. After I landed on the ground I landed on the shell and it didn't hit the banana at all! I swear, red shells are clever. Recently, the red shell went over me and hit me right in the face. I said "Nope, that's fair".

So Villager amiibos are back on the shelves! I may be on the lookout for one this weekend.

Hey Manda (DON'T KILL ME), West finally got a Wii U two days ago and wanted to join in, so, IF YOU WANT TO, could you add his NNID?

It's: WestCoast707650

Back