• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Mann VS Machine

Keenan will be excited to see that there is a possible TFF. I'm all in, like Jason said, with the few people that normally play this new game mode is perfect.
Of course I am. This update looks amazing and I'll be more than happy to play.

So let me get this straight... Firstoff, it's not a separate gamemode, you play it on any old server? If it's a regular server, it's free, but it doesn't count towards any sort of progress/items? To track your progress and get items, you need to play on an official Mann Co map, which requires you to buy a voucher? Do you need to buy a voucher every time you play, or is it good forever?

I don't know if this is what you guys were expecting, but it's not even close to what I was...

So how does it work exactly?
I know only five people can play, and your items and junk don't carry over to multiplayer.

What else?

So let me get this straight... Firstoff, it's not a separate gamemode, you play it on any old server? If it's a regular server, it's free, but it doesn't count towards any sort of progress/items? To track your progress and get items, you need to play on an official Mann Co map, which requires you to buy a voucher? Do you need to buy a voucher every time you play, or is it good forever?

I don't know if this is what you guys were expecting, but it's not even close to what I was...

No, it's definitely a whole separate game mode with new maps and all that jazz. The confusing part is that to play on an official Valve server which has Mann Up Mode then you need to pay for a ticket. Mann Up Mode lets you get cosmetic items (hats and such) and track stats while the normal Mann vs Machine does not. I know it's confusing!

No, it's definitely a whole separate game mode with new maps and all that jazz. The confusing part is that to play on an official Valve server which has Mann Up Mode then you need to pay for a ticket. Mann Up Mode lets you get cosmetic items (hats and such) and track stats while the normal Mann vs Machine does not. I know it's confusing!
So by a separate game mode you mean it will be in the list with payload, control points, etc? Do you need to re-buy your ticket every time you play Mann up mode? And Gallows, you said that items don't carry over? It's only the stock?

I'm going to go eat some cereal so I don't get confubsed.

So by a separate game mode you mean it will be in the list with payload, control points, etc? Do you need to re-buy your ticket every time you play Mann up mode? And Gallows, you said that items don't carry over? It's only the stock?

I'm going to go eat some cereal so I don't get confubsed.

It's even more separate than that. Here have a look at the new option on the main menu! http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594727249572210625/0032CCF99CA71EDC4BAA9494B2789245F1088F0C/ As for the rest, I have no idea, just as confused as you guys are. My update download just finished so I guess we'll know soon...

LOL

19C3409482B75966F9C4954A9188BD54AA443A00

5774 players waiting
47 servers

or not. lol

I'm having problems too. Along the lines of "Steam has too many ****ing people trying to play all at once, wait a sec."

0p4M6.png

Last edited:
hm, took me around 20 mins to update the game.. now the waiting time to get into a server..

I'm jumping between 2 1/2 - 3 hours in terms of updating times.
So looks like I won't be playing tonight. But if we can get a game running friday I am 100% in.

Hey, I've just received a free Minecraft Giftcode!
You can get one too!

>> minecraftcodes.me <<

so did you guys ever realize you can search for the map type mvm_ asdfasgdasdfasdfasdf in order to join a server playing MvM mode?

cuz it's so much faster to do it that way

so did you guys ever realize you can search for the map type mvm_ asdfasgdasdfasdfasdf in order to join a server playing MvM mode?

cuz it's so much faster to do it that way
I learned that 2-3 days after it came out :3, the waiting time was horreenddouss, :p

Back