nice forearms and nicer staff
Bells
Switch
0016-4248-2623
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Because, when i started my town, i didn't think too much about what my layout would look like because i was a noob and i picked the first possible layout, im thinking of restarting my town completely. My layout isn't bad by any means (i got lucky), i think id just like to use my new knowledge on a brand new town.
I'm not entirely sure if i should even do this and, if i am, how i want to go about it. I've been playing for aaages now, ive unlocked nearly everything so its kind of hard to just scrap it all like that. I'm even thinking of just buying a new copy of the game so i can play without feeling guilty of getting rid of everything, but do you think that's necessary?

Anyone who's done this have any tips? If i do go through with it, what should i look out for in a layout and what should i try and unlock first, etc?

For me I got a second copy and started fresh on that one. When I start a new town I usually know what kind of map Im looking for so when I look at the maps Rover gives I am plotting out where certain PWPs would go and where villagers would go and the I pick it and if rocks are in bad places I start again.

Sometimes it takes a while to get the map I want...for example the town I have now, took me 3 days off and on to find the map I wanted.

It just depends on what you want to do. If you like the map you have now if you can start over as far as landscaping then just do that but if things you can move are in bad spots then I would start fresh on a new copy and you might like it better over time. Just my thoughts.

if you enjoy playing at your current town and you feel like you don't want to lose it, then i think it's better if you start a second town on a new copy of the game. A lot of people have multiple towns so it's not weird at all, and it's definitely possible to maintain two towns and have fun. I've considered doing that too, for the same reason as you, but i can't afford it atm. Another thing to keep in mind is that there's a new game on the way for the switch, so maybe you could wait and save up for that. :)

now if you do start a new town, i think you should pay attention to a couple of things:
1) make sure the re-tail, town hall, etc., aren't too close or too far away from each other, or in an awkward placement of some sort. For example in my current town the town hall is right behind the re-tail, and i don't really like that, cause there's not enough space to do much to decorate the town hall, and make it stand out as an important building. So keep that in mind ^^
2) observe the map to see how many ponds there are, and where. Are they too close to the buildings? Another example from my town: there's a pond right in front of the campground and it's very frustrating!!! x3
3) once you choose a layout, walk around your town and start thinking about where you want to place paths and PWPs. Are there any rocks in your way?

that's all i can think of right now, good luck :blush:

Would anyone be able to help me move some of my stuff to my reset town? I've decided not to spend my money on a new game since the switch version will be coming soon so. Im willing to pay bells if someone wants them :blush:
I know this doesn't go in this section of the forums so if no one responds ill make a new thread in the correct area :p

I am in the same boat - my town layout is just mediocre and I don?t like my characters face or my houses location. It?s sucks because you can?t change any of those things, ever!
What I decided to do was get a second copy of the game only because I?ve built up my town so much. I have a town full of hybrids, and a nearly full insect and fish catalog, and my house is fully upgraded.
My recommendations.. if your town is fairly new just start over. I only got a second copy because I?ve put in three full years of work.
It?s pretty easy to get all the villagers and anything you need basically off this website which is really useful!
Pick a town where the locations are convenient to get to - especially bridge locations. It tends to get frustrating when you have an awkward path to get to retail when selling fish from the island etc.
I would just go ahead and pre-plan all the buildings and town projects you want to build by looking at the map before you choose and looking at the list of town projects you want. I?m finding now that I?m having a hard time fitting in the town projects I want because of my towns awkward layout.

I am in the same boat - my town layout is just mediocre and I don’t like my characters face or my houses location. It’s sucks because you can’t change any of those things, ever!
What I decided to do was get a second copy of the game only because I’ve built up my town so much. I have a town full of hybrids, and a nearly full insect and fish catalog, and my house is fully upgraded.
My recommendations.. if your town is fairly new just start over. I only got a second copy because I’ve put in three full years of work.
It’s pretty easy to get all the villagers and anything you need basically off this website which is really useful!
Pick a town where the locations are convenient to get to - especially bridge locations. It tends to get frustrating when you have an awkward path to get to retail when selling fish from the island etc.
I would just go ahead and pre-plan all the buildings and town projects you want to build by looking at the map before you choose and looking at the list of town projects you want. I’m finding now that I’m having a hard time fitting in the town projects I want because of my towns awkward layout.

I believe i started at around February so yeah, fairly new. Im not sure if i should even bother bringing items over to my new town or not or just start from scratch though, do you think it's worth it? Maybe tools or some bells?

I believe i started at around February so yeah, fairly new. Im not sure if i should even bother bringing items over to my new town or not or just start from scratch though, do you think it's worth it? Maybe tools or some bells?

i think it would be useful to go to the island and make some bells that you can use to catch up quickly on home loans and stuff :)

I would think just keep the tools and bells. Once you can start going to the island and catching bugs and fish and start seeking hen it will be pretty easy to save up money.

Back