• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Life In Junes - comic

Mayor Yosuke

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Every once in a while, I get inspired to create a small comic depicting moments in the lives of my villagers and residents of my town of Junes. In order to show all three Humans interacting, I do photoshop it. On average, these can take me up to 8 hours to create just one comic --and very often in the middle of the night.

These have a tendency to get lost in the "Official Screenshot thread." These aren't necessarily screenshots as they are more works of creativity. So, I'm sticking them all right here for easy reading in the general board. :D I'll still post my general screen shots in the screenshot thread.

So here, you go! (All 6 so far are located in the 'spoiler' bar.) Please be entertained, and don't be afraid to leave a comment--or even create your own for your town! :)

Characters:
--Yosuke: Mayor of Junes/ main bug hunter. (big house in the center/south of my town on the island.)
--Melanie: Gardener/Brewster employee (house to the far right/south of town on the mainland.)
--Yu: Landscaper/Brewster employee/runs the kendo dojo. Best fisherman. The one with the least regained emotions. (House to the far left of town on the mainland.)

-----------------------------------------------------
Episode 1.
Life In Junes
April Fools

af page 1.jpg
af page 2 high res.jpg
af page 3 high res.jpg
af page 4 high res.jpg

Episode 2.
Life In Junes
Farewell, Ribbot

rg panel 1 text.jpg
rg panel 2 text.jpg

Episode 3.
Life In Junes
Time Traveling Woes

Time traveling woes.jpg

Episode 4.
Life In Junes
Pitfall Mistake

Pitfall mistake text.jpg

Episode 5.
Life In Junes
Yard Bird

lawn tactic text.jpg

Episode 6.
Life In Junes
Stumps

Bee stump panel 1 text.jpg
bee stump panel 2 text.jpg
bee stump panel 3 text.jpg

Last edited:
I guess not everything is great at Junes for Melanie with bees being shoved in her face :p

I'd be interested in reading more of these

Life In Junes. Bad Luck Blues

Everyone in my town had bad luck. This proves that all of your characters can have bad luck on the same day. Yu didn't trip, but he did have severely crappy luck in Marshal's games of chance. Now I know you can lose your tools.
I made him move in just to get revenge for my axe.

Episode 7.
Life In Junes
Bad Luck Blues

panel 1 text.jpg
panel 2 text.jpg
panel 3 text.jpg
panel 4 text.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

I guess not everything is great at Junes for Melanie with bees being shoved in her face :p

I'd be interested in reading more of these

Just posted one. :) I love your avatar. I'm glad you're enjoying these. ^^ They take me forever to do, but they're pretty fun to create when I have an entire day to myself. Everybody really did have bad luck on the same day.

((A double posting! I've been caring for my seriously ill cat for the past few days with hand feeding. She's still on shaky ground and can't eat or drink on her own, so I'm up all night again with her. It's been a week. I've been working on cosplay and Life In Junes on these sleepless nights. Please send some good vibes for my kitty if you can. :) ))

Episode 9.
Life In Junes
Understanding and Mystery

panel 1 text.jpg
panel 2 text.jpg
panel 3 text.jpg
panel 4 text.jpg

Yay! People like it! ^^ I've had extremely little feedback on this, so I don't know if what I'm doing is good or bad. It feels really good to hear back from readers. :) I'd wanted to use that sword in something, but couldn't come up with an idea. ((The bees were completely unintentional. I was just cutting down 1 pine tree to make way for stairs.))

After looking up what a machinima-comic even was, yes, it appears this does fall into that art form category for fan-labors. Huh. And here I'd thought I'd found an outlet to be creative in a medium I'd never ventured into before. It's fun. And as someone who can't draw two stick figures that look the same, I like being able to join the visual world like this.

I'll go with 'it's a good, fan made, creative thing for giggles' and assume you find it amusing. :)

More stories to come when inspiration hits. ^^

Last edited:
Why couldn't Mel interact with the White Katana? Because she saw Yu interact with it! *ba-dum CHING*

Awe, thanks for that laugh. I really needed it. :)
(read the spoiler only if you want to know why I won't be making new comics for a while.)

I have sad news for you all, guys. Yesterday afternoon at this time, I made the heartbreaking decision to have my little tabby girl of 8 years put to sleep. She'd developed diabetes in October of last year. I had her on a special, strict diet and exercise, and she seemed to be doing ok. Then she suffered a stroke. Those can hit out of nowhere despite home and vet care. That's why they call diabetes "The Silent Killer." She was fine one day, then the next it was like she'd just given up. She couldn't move much, couldn't eat or drink on her own, quit purring, and was slowly wasting away. I hand fed her and helped her for the past week and a half trying to save her. In the end, all I could do was snuggle her, sit with her on a blanket on my lap as we watched anime and other youtube shows online, and give her love as she'd given me her entire life. I'd had her since she was 4 weeks old. She was born August 10th, 2008. I got her on September 9th.

She passed away hearing me sing. I was the last person she saw and heard.

Lilley was all I had, here. She was my only cat, my little companion, and my family. I'm alone, now. I have good friends, yes, but no family. Now I come home to an empty house. Lilley was there to greet me, love me, purr, snuggle, and play fetch at 3am with her favorite toy (a little catnip filled chipmunk toy.) And she actually enjoyed sitting next to me and watching me play Persona 4. Every time I turned the game on, she would wander out to the living room, plop down in cat loaf position right next to me, and watch. She saw the entire game of "Okami," too. Even though it was about a wolf, she enjoyed watching me play, and likely laughing at me when I continuously failed to defeat Blockhead.

Everything is raw right now --my eyes and my emotions feel like someone took a brick of gritty sandpaper to them. I'll be a wreck for a few days, even at Anime Expo, so please bear with me. I will do more comics, just not yet. (My friends, my coworkers, and my family up north think I should go to AX anyway and try to get back into my life. They're probably right, so, I'm going. I'll still be at the Smash gathering dressed as the girl villager with a red bug net.))

In honor of my little kitty, this cat pillow is never Leaving Yu's house.
RIP, Lilley fluff. Forever in my heart, and forever immortalized in Animal Crossing.at home with the cat.jpg
Lilley basket 1.jpg
She got in the basket last year when I was moving stuff around to find my luggage for AX. She wanted to go, too. :)

Last edited:
It'll get back to normal soon. I want to thank everyone for your understanding. You're awesome.

Last edited:
I have sad news for you all, guys. Yesterday afternoon at this time, I made the heartbreaking decision to have my little tabby girl of 8 years put to sleep. She'd developed diabetes in October of last year. I had her on a special, strict diet and exercise, and she seemed to be doing ok. Then she suffered a stroke. Those can hit out of nowhere despite home and vet care. That's why they call diabetes "The Silent Killer." She was fine one day, then the next it was like she'd just given up. She couldn't move much, couldn't eat or drink on her own, quit purring, and was slowly wasting away. I hand fed her and helped her for the past week and a half trying to save her. In the end, all I could do was snuggle her, sit with her on a blanket on my lap as we watched anime and other youtube shows online, and give her love as she'd given me her entire life. I'd had her since she was 4 weeks old. She was born August 10th, 2008. I got her on September 9th.

She passed away hearing me sing. I was the last person she saw and heard.

Lilley was all I had, here. She was my only cat, my little companion, and my family. I'm alone, now. I have good friends, yes, but no family. Now I come home to an empty house. Lilley was there to greet me, love me, purr, snuggle, and play fetch at 3am with her favorite toy (a little catnip filled chipmunk toy.) And she actually enjoyed sitting next to me and watching me play Persona 4. Every time I turned the game on, she would wander out to the living room, plop down in cat loaf position right next to me, and watch. She saw the entire game of "Okami," too. Even though it was about a wolf, she enjoyed watching me play, and likely laughing at me when I continuously failed to defeat Blockhead.

Everything is raw right now --my eyes and my emotions feel like someone took a brick of gritty sandpaper to them. I'll be a wreck for a few days, even at Anime Expo, so please bear with me. I will do more comics, just not yet. (My friends, my coworkers, and my family up north think I should go to AX anyway and try to get back into my life. They're probably right, so, I'm going. I'll still be at the Smash gathering dressed as the girl villager with a red bug net.))

In honor of my little kitty, this cat pillow is never Leaving Yu's house.
RIP, Lilley fluff. Forever in my heart, and forever immortalized in Animal Crossing.View attachment 176292
View attachment 176293
She got in the basket last year when I was moving stuff around to find my luggage for AX. She wanted to go, too. :)

I AM SORRY, YOSUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~~!!!

I'm sorry for mocking the Diabetes Disorder! I'll never say Diabetes out loud again!!!!

Back