• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Let's examine the TOWN MAP

bloodbend3r

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Below is the concept art for the Town (and then some).

Let's nitpick it and see what we can uncover.

I'll start:
-cave on far right in the cliffs
-the city is returning with a new look
-what looks like a fountain
-what looks like a small village at the top (it could be used to viewing house interiors through street pass)
-THE ISLAND RETURNS (and Kapp'n gets his original job back)
-a mini island and house on the water

Attachments

• AC map.jpg
    AC map.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 184
the map is concept art they revealed in the Animal Crossing 3DS video from the 3DS Press Conference held last night. here is a link to the website that has the video: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2011/titlelist/dobutsu_no_mori/index.html
So yes, it's official stuff.

Also, i was talking about the cave in the ocean on the VERY far right of the map. it looks to be only accessible by boat (Kapp'n).

ahh, i see now, look like they have a train though, it looks like the map has a mash up off all three previous games features

This is pretty much unrelated, but I think it's pretty safe to say that Tom Nook has a New store (maybe even a few). In the new trailer you can see Tom is sporting so pretty stylish new threads. Secondly if you look at the interview, you can see a picture of him in front of a different looking shop. So I guess now, with all of these new elements. I can finally say that we have our Animal Crossing 2, just 'sayin.

This is pretty much unrelated, but I think it's pretty safe to say that Tom Nook has a New store (maybe even a few). In the new trailer you can see Tom is sporting so pretty stylish new threads. Secondly if you look at the interview, you can see a picture of him in front of a different looking shop. So I guess now, with all of these new elements. I can finally say that we have our Animal Crossing 2, just 'sayin.

What interview is this? What picture is this? Also, I was wondering... Are you absolute 100% sure that that map is real? was it confirmed by nintendo? It seems pretty unreal from what we've seen in trailers or pictures. If it is real, then AWESOME!

What interview is this? What picture is this? Also, I was wondering... Are you absolute 100% sure that that map is real? was it confirmed by nintendo? It seems pretty unreal from what we've seen in trailers or pictures. If it is real, then AWESOME!
Yes, it's all real. It was from Nintendo's 3DS conference on September 13th. There was both a new trailer and a developer interview video.

Woah! Thankyou so much Tyeforce! Except, I dont really understand that video at all because the subtitles are all messed up. Sorry to act dumb and everything on you guys!:p

You guys, has anyone else noticed the clump of buildings at the top part of the map? It looks like a series of stores. Is this how the Game Cube map was laid out?...like with a clump of buildings on the northern part of your village.

For some reason, that map makes me think they kinda modeled it after the movie they made where it looks like a real life town...
The layout is pretty cool, and I think it will give players more to do and keep them playing.
I know they didn't give too many images in the first trailer, but I don't really see how all of what they showed will fit with this map... It just seems off to me :/

You guys, has anyone else noticed the clump of buildings at the top part of the map? It looks like a series of stores. Is this how the Game Cube map was laid out?...like with a clump of buildings on the northern part of your village.
No, all stores and such have always been placed at random in all Animal Crossing games, except for in the City in City Folk. It looks like that might be the return of the City.

EDIT: Apparently I need to play GCN Animal Crossing again, because I'm wrong! D: I could've sworn the stores were randomly placed, not always at the top of the town. Guess I've played too much Wild World and City Folk, lol.

Last edited:
EDIT: Apparently I need to play GCN Animal Crossing again, because I'm wrong! D: I could've sworn the stores were randomly placed, not always at the top of the town. Guess I've played too much Wild World and City Folk, lol.

Haha Tye was wrong. This made my fay :)

No, all stores and such have always been placed at random in all Animal Crossing games, except for in the City in City Folk. It looks like that might be the return of the City.

Ok, so were you able to buld like a cafe in your town in the Game Cube version of Animal Crossing? And what stores were in the game cube version? Also there is a Gracie Lamp in a screenshot, so was there a Gracie store in the Game Cube version? Wahhh, I never had a game cube D:

EDIT: I am looking at the Animal Crossing GCN map and it square and this map is just completely different. There are also way too many buildings in the isolated part of town let alone the buildings that are directly above the train station. So I am going to venture out there and say this new version of Animal Crossing will have a plethora of shops compared to previous versions.

Last edited:
Hmm... this map is going to e really interesting if it turns out on the game...

Do you guys think it will be on the game? I dunno, they didnt really show much on the trailer, did they? About the layout of your town, I mean.

Back