• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

least favourite fictional characters

Oh boy there is one character I REALLY hate and its from my favorite Cartoon Network from Ed Edd'n Eddy named "Sarah"
Thats Ed's sister she's always yelling, threatening to tell mom if Ed doesn't do the things she wants and always keeps giving Ed and his friends a hard time and is the only character that truly yells.

I swear I wish I can just go into the show and punch her because she just won't stop with the yelling. She is a spoiled brat.

Paul from the Pokemon anime (From the gen 4 anime in case you have no idea who this is)
King Garon from Fire Emblem Fates (Keep in mind I've only played Birthright and therefor only know 1/3 of the story.)
Rie Kishibe from Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

There's probably some others I'm forgetting since this is hard for me to think about.

Here are more I dislike:

1. Asuna and Kirito - SAO - I actually don’t dislike them but I was let down by what I’ve watched by their characters. Like they both seemed really good at the game but personality wise, I feel like they lacked something to leave me a strong impression. I don’t hate them but I don’t like them either; I feel more neutral overall. I only liked the first arc and even in that arc, aside from being impressed by the combat and action, I just look at them like they’re alright. Their designs are noce but...yeah. I put this here because I don’t like feeling neutral about characters. I feel like I appreciate the show and characters even when I dislike them, but when I have no feelings about them at all :/... That is what I dislike... (I hope this was okay to post even though this is more about outright dislikes).

Thales and Nemesis - I not enough information about either of them. I have so many questions and I was kinda let down how the boss fights happened. I know enough about Thales to knew he is an unforgivable scumbag. Nemesis however, in the beginning cutscene, when seiros asked him if he remembered the red canyon, i thought i saw something in his eyes. I would’ve liked to know more about his character if it were possible even though what he did was beyond awful. I would like to feel more emotions about last two fights than I did with him.

3. Mr. Pickles - a friend showed me this a couple years ago without warning me about the scenes and i just want to say I just can’t like Mr. Pickles or the show 😭.

4. Annabelle - the movie character - one of the few horror movies I saw and now I can’t look at certain dolls the same and I can’t quite forget the movie and the scenes either.

I don't watch that many shows but.....
  • Ross from Friends - while all the characters are slightly problematic in their own way, Ross just really annoys me a lot of the time, especially in the second half of the series. I find him whiny, possessive and sexist
  • Pierce from Community - Community is my favourite show, and while I know the whole POINT of Pierce's character is to be "that offensive old white man" I just feel really uncomfortable every time he opens his mouth 😅 I did not miss him when he exited the show

ahhhhhh there are many characters i hate just as there are many characters i adore.........

1. konata izumi (lucky star)
coincidentally i was just talking about her earlier today.... she annoys me so much >:( i went into lucky star expecting to like her but all she does is make le epic otaku references it's so unfunny and boring

2. yukina minato (bandori)
i like all the roselia members except her. bandori is constantly trying to make her this deep cold yet sympathetic character and she's NOT. she's literally just a mean and pretentious friend and never goes through any development that isn't immediately reversed... unlike a similar character from the same band, SAYO HIKAWA!!!!! yukina is so frustrating i hate that she gets so much merch and attention when there's actually charming characters like ako who barely get anything

3. conkeldurr (pokemon)
534-00.png

umbridge.

now, you think voldemort was bad as he was the main baddie but hahah NO. this woman actually makes my blood boil she irritates me to the point where i just want to rip her pretty little pink dress in half and throw her off a cliff : ) ive never been more angry and irritated at a stoopid harry potter character or any character infact, even in the books she manages to frustrate meeeee

2. yukina minato (bandori)
i like all the roselia members except her. bandori is constantly trying to make her this deep cold yet sympathetic character and she's NOT. she's literally just a mean and pretentious friend and never goes through any development that isn't immediately reversed... unlike a similar character from the same band, SAYO HIKAWA!!!!! yukina is so frustrating i hate that she gets so much merch and attention when there's actually charming characters like ako who barely get anything
LMAO I was just thinking who was my least favorite in bandori and it‘s definitely Yukina too 😭 i haven’t delved into all of her stories but where I stand, I can’t sympathize with her at all, from my perspective she’s terrible in conveying her intentions and just ends up hurting people even though she was planning for a better good. she just feels cold and distant to me no matter how the stories go. :// i have this love/hate relationship with her, i absolutely appreciate her talent but personality-wise i really dont have the taste for it.

as others have said, I also hate Mineta from BNHA. i wish he would disappear.

I don‘t *hate* anyone in DRV3 but Kaito was someone I was absolutely annoyed at later on in the game.
Bro wouldn’t stop being absolutely pushy in Trial 4 even though the evidence was right there, I was so confused when he got mad at Saihara by the Chapter 5 because he got Gonta executed. Like lmao Saihara is literally carrying the entire class trial and saving everyone else’s asses, I get being upset at Gonta dying but I don’t get why he was taking it out on Saihara. Kaito apologized later on but it doesn’t take away the really bitter taste of him getting mad at Saihara. Kaito’s sheer optimism also seemed too unrealistic at times, and his blind belief in everyone he liked was just sickening in Trial 4.

That’s all I can think about for now, I’ll def edit this post if I remember anyone else lol

1. Cornelia - so playing the game itself without looking up information on the wikia (not sure how reliable they are since some of the stuff I didn’t piece together in any of my playthroughs or remember it specifically being addressed, just like how I mentioned I felt like not enough was said about Thales), I despised her for her cruelty and her slimey personality/behavior. The wikia mentions how she kept King Lambert from seeing his new wife at the time
Edelgard’s mom (I’d like to know the deal with her too and what happened to her)
. If this is true, then, dislike or hate may be too soft of term. I do wish some of these details were spelled out and not left for us to piece together. I am terrible at piecing things together ><.

2. Patricia (FE3H) - in spite the little information, and even though she was a victim too, I can’t like her for her involvement in the coup. I want to know why she was exiled from the Empire too. Was it competition from the emperor’s other consorts or falling out with him? Either way, regardless of her reasons, agreeing to conspire in a large scale massacre just to see her daughter again is obviously messed up.

3. Celica (Fire Emblem Echoes): I haven’t finished the game but I honestly didn’t like her very much from what I’ve played. I rather not say why in case I end up being wrong when I finish playing and again, foggy memory.

I’ve never found a character so irredeemable and awful as Sierra Burgess from “Sierra Burgess Is a Loser”. At first, I sympathized with her. She was bullied and had low self-esteem. She befriended her main bully and showed her kindness, which was admirable. However, then things took a turn for the worse. Sierra tricked a boy into thinking he was dating someone else when he was actually “dating” her and even kissed him without consent (as he thought he was kissing a different girl). As if this wasn’t bad enough, Sierra’s bully-turned-friend, who totally redeemed herself, was thrown under a bus because Sierra was mad that the boy liked her instead (the ex-bully was the one he thought he was dating). Then, at the end, Sierra’s friend forgave her for the horrible thing she did, the boy accepted that he had been tricked and lied to, and the “heroine” walked off with a new boyfriend and without consequence! It was infuriating and I’ve never wanted to punch someone in the face more.

Anime:
Meliodas - Seven Deadly Sins:
It's pretty much all because of him constantly groping the main female protagonist, take that out and he'd be tolerable. But actually because of him the entire series is intolerable to watch.
Whoever that grape haired kid in MHA is: He's a pervert, somehow not as obnoxious as Meliodas, but still there. It's just really not funny. And I heard the character is a self-insert for the author which is even more disgusting.
The old guy in Ranma 1/2: Pretty much the same reason as the above two, except he's more on the Meliodas level. His actions are often condemned by the characters around him (unlike Meliodas who just does it nonchalantly), but the big problem here is that ultimately they never have any power to stop him. He's the "master" and can always best everyone else in the show, which is just aggravating as can be, knowing the context of the real world, where sexual predators are often in positions of power that shield them from ever facing any consquences for their evil deeds. I know, I'm thinking too much about it. This character is not supposed to be seen that way, it's supposed to be "funny", but it's not. It's gross, and even if it wasn't (which it certainly is!), it is annoying as heck.
Kira's Father (JJBA Diamond is Unbreakable) and Babadi from DBZ - Yes, I just lumped these two together. That's because they are practically identical in the reasons I hate them: They fit the role of the villain's "master" who is always off on the side, commentating in really annoying ways, where the protagonist can't get them for some reason. Just an annoying trope.
Lambo from Katekyo Hitman REBORN!: He's just obnoxious. Just very annoying.

Otherwise:
Um... A fair bit of the characters in Parks and Recreation.
I know, I'm sorry, I know a lot of people like the show. There are a few characters that are tolerable (the main character and her partner for one).
But more than any other character in that show, Tom Haverford. He is so selfish, everything is always about him, and the cast is way too forgiving of him. The only saving grace is that
in the end, karma kinda catches up and he really doesn't get anywhere compared to the rest of the cast

lots but here are the ones that stand out to me:
1: Fawful from mario and luigi: bowser's inside story although his theme is pretty nice, I just didn't like him as a character when I was younger and I didn't like his voice and oh boy he needs some grammar lessons badly.

2: cartmen from south park. This fat kid is annoying and I want to punch him every time I see him! He's lucky he's not real. He always makes fun of Kyle for being a jew, and even made a full on song calling his mom a b****. He's why I watch old episodes of the boondocks instead of south park now.

That's all I can think of for now but I'll edit the post if I come up with more

I watch mostly anime and I grew up on it. Here are a few that I dislike in particular order except the last one, the last one is my most hated...

1&2.Naruto Uzumaki and Sakura Haruno, from Naruto / Naruto Shippuden: First watched this on Adult Swim/Toonami. I always thought Naruto was obnoxious, selfish, and had a serious victim complex. Sakura's obsession with Sasuke got old fast. She's a staple of being hated by many and for good reason so I had to include her too because...I also hate her?

3. Ash Ketchum, from Pokémon: Please retire. Please...for the love of Arceus. I'm just mentally tiring of seeing his face.

4. Shou Tucker, from Fullmetal Alchemist: If you know who this is you'll know why

5. Minoru Mineta, from My Hero Academia: Perv characters can be done right. Sanji from One Piece is a perv character done right. Mineta is completely wrong. His powers are lame, sticky grapes?! And his personality is just annoying and not funny.

6. Rachel, from Tower of God: This...person...is my most hated character. The way she manipulates people, treats people...she is competely undeserving to be in the Tower. Bam has recently got it that she's an irredeemable piece of filth. Of course it would be easy if she's an antagonist...except she's not.

I forgot about a bunch of different characters
-Gideon from Gravity Falls (hate him with all my heart, he's an annoying little demon child who controls his parents- just stop please)
-Tamaki from OHSHC (not one of my top least favorites ever, he was just extremely annoying in my opinion)
-Todoroki/Deku/Bakugou/Mineta from MHA (they're all very annoying and have horrible personalities in my opinion)
-Luka from Miraculous Ladybug (i can't stand his personality, and is the worst on this list)

Joker from Persona
Shadow from Shadow The Hedgehog.

Both of them are way, way too edgy. .-.

Forgot to add Sasuke from Naruto / Naruto Shippuden to this list. Just another edgelord character.

Might as well add the entire Danganronpa cast as well, not because they’re edgy, but because they’re annoying and forgettable (save a few characters) imo.

Back