• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

least favourite fictional characters

What automatically popped into my head was the bachelors from Harvest moon Ds cute lol
Since I’m currently playing it.

Not the mineral guys or Skye. I’m talking about the normal bachelors ( Carter , Griffin, Gustafa....and a little bit Marlin ). The game developers made it so hard for me to have a normal relationship. Had to take extra steps just to marry the others.

Anyways I dislike the normal boys, they look like they are 50 years old 😭

what kind of options are these anyways:
E2cblGQWUAA_9Aj

Literally, only one character comes to my mind: Myne from Rising of the Shield Hero.

There are characters that I'm just not that interested in, but Myne is the only character that I actively dislike. In fact, I practically seethe with loathing every time she's on screen.

Her actions are so terrible, so irredeemable, and she has no purpose other than to make the other characters' lives miserable. I can get behind a good antagonist. Most of them have some redeeming qualities, some reason for their actions, or they're just fun or entertaining. Myne is none of those things. She disgusts me.

Love the anime, though! Just not her.

im going to go a little otaku here

mineta from mha for obvious reasons, nobody actually likes that purple grape man

also, and this one might be a little triggering, but toru oikawa from haikyu pisses me off. there's nothing good about him. all of my friends are head over heels, but i cannot s t a n d him. seriously. he's always a brat, put down kageyama in middle school, and just thinks hes all pretty and funny. he's not. seriously, i understand every show needs that brat, but he's just the WORST.

there’s plenty of fictional characters out there that i’m not particularly fond of but i don’t think i’ve ever hated any of them as much as i hate joe from you. he’s an obsessive stalker, one who murders women that he claims to love as soon as they’re no longer ‘perfect’, kidnaps innocent strangers, commits identity theft and so much more messed up crap. i’ve seen a lot of people defend him because of his looks but while he is attractive and the actor is great!, he’s still a POS who’s downfall is one that i’m constantly rooting for. here’s hoping that season 3 ends with his crimes finally catching up to him. 🙏🏻

C31C7621-3437-4A93-AC7C-0977D8A190AB.jpeg

- Joffrey and Ramsay from GoT
- Lynette from Desperate Housewives
- The Genii from Stargate Atlantis
- Also Lucius Lavin from SGA, what a creeper
- definitely agree that Rory Gilmore is trash, especially in the later half of Gilmore Girls
- Preston Garvey from Fallout 4.. he kept judging me for blowing up the institute
- Lumpy Space Princess kinda got ruined for me in Adventure Time
- Eric from That 70's Show

What automatically popped into my head was the bachelors from Harvest moon Ds cute lol

Not the mineral guys or Skye. I’m talking about the normal bachelors ( Carter , Griffin, Gustafa....and a little bit Marlin ). The game developers made it so hard for me to have a normal relationship. Had to take extra steps just to marry the others.

E2cblGQWUAA_9Aj
OMG you're so right! They're all old men lmao. Imo, Rock was a decent option as well.

E2cblGQWUAA_9Aj
OMG you're so right! They're all old men lmao. Imo, Rock was a decent option as well.
incredibly funnily enough, gustafa is only 28 and marlin is like 30 FGHFGGFMGFM carter and griffin are definitely up there but these two aren't as old as they look (esp. in ds where they made marlin at least look younger than he looks in the gamecube game) and i think that's a riot. honestly, i think that if the mineral town characters weren't locked behind game sync and skye & kai weren't so hard to access, these four being main bachelors would be fine since having wider age variety for marriables is a good thing esp as a huge part of the fanbase gets older. but alas!

Most of the characters in “Flowers of Evil” are nasty and unlikable, but Sawa Nakamura takes the cake. Throughout the first part of the series she is so selfish, manipulative, and needlessly cruel. Everything she does is to make the protagonist’s life worse. Just looking at her smug grin ticks me off.

I hated every main character from Liv and Maddie. The only people I actually kind of liked were the reoccurring side characters because I found them less obnoxious than everyone else.
Marina from Splatoon. I just don't like her. At all.
Pearl from Steven Universe. Not the best mom at all.
Ash Ketchum. Gave me great childhood memories that I appreciate, but he's very annoying watching the show again after a long time and I can't stand him.

No special names, but basically anything just added to "be there" without actually providing anything to the show/book/whatever just to have inclusion or a variety...just include those properly from start or just don't?

Hilda from Fire Emblem Three Houses was the first to come to mind so I guess she must be somewhere up there at least. Can't stand her and I don't get the hype around her.​

Reactions: Neb
I usually like all characters from games, so it’s hard for me to find a character I really dislike. The only one that comes to mind is Edelgarde from Fe3h. To keep this spoiler friendly, I’m a... large fan of Dimitri.

I also was never a fan of Serena from Pokémon. Not sure why, but I was never fond of her personality.

Here are some more characters I don’t like:
1. Caspar - FE3H - I do think the characters were overall better written/localized in this game but, Caspar makes me cringe so much. I do still recruit him and everyone else though 😅.
2. Ryoma from Fire Emblem Fates - I am not a fan of his lobster hair and while his attacks were interesting and weapon, I found him a bit boring. With that being said, even though they were really similar (too similar), I loved Xander.
3. Virion - Fire Emblem Awakening - I don’t remember Awakening too much but I remember I didn’t like him. I do like some of those womanizing characters but Virion I found annoying
4. Manuella & Hanneman - FE3H - they both annoyed me so much and I never used them 😅. I also never used Alois but he at least was funny. I think of the two, I like Hanneman more though.
5. Effie from Fire Emblem Fates - from what I read, her personality in the Japanese version of the game was a bit different from the localized. I really did not find her or her design interesting.
6. Beruka - I did not like how her conversation with Saizo (the one with ...) was changed; there was an actual conversation in the Japanese version. I still would have though she was bland (I understand why because she was killing since she was really young, but I didn’t find her interesting) and not liked her probably.

Last edited:
Here are some more characters I don’t like:
1. Caspar - FE3H - I do think the characters were overall better written/localized in this game but, Caspar makes me cringe so much. I do still recruit him and everyone else though 😅.
2. Ryoma from Fire Emblem Fates - I am not a fan of his lobster hair and while his attacks were interesting and weapon, I found him a bit boring. With that being said, even though they were really similar (too similar), I loved Xander.
3. Virion - Fire Emblem Awakening - I don’t remember Awakening too much but I remember I didn’t like him. I do like some of those womanizing characters but Virion I found annoying
4. Manuella & Hanneman - FE3H - they both annoyed me so much and I never used them 😅. I also never used Alois but he at least was funny. I think of the two, I like Hanneman more though.
5. Henry from Fire Emblem Awakening - I used to kinda like him for how good he was but I didn’t like how he hurt animals :/.
6. Effie from Fire Emblem Fates - from what I read, her personality in the Japanese version of the game was a bit different from the localized. I really did not find her or her design interesting.
7. Beruka - I did not like how her conversation with Saizo (the one with ...) was changed; there was an actual conversation in the Japanese version. I still would have though she was bland (I understand why because she was killing since she was really young, but I didn’t find her interesting) and not liked her probably.

Oh gosh this post made me remember Manuela. Yeah I have to say she is also somewhere on my least liked character list.

I always found it uncomfortable how she seems to hit on Byleth given the age gap and also the fact Byleth is literally the child of one of Manuelas friends. I just can't get over that. If I recall correctly she also has some pretty uncomfortable support conversations with some of the male students. I'm just not about those vibes. 💀

E2cblGQWUAA_9Aj
LMAO this game came out when I was 12 and I just picked Marlin because his kid looked the most like me. He's not so bad, at least... unlike his AnWL counterpart, I've heard. Gustafa is also a nice guy but at 12 looks-wise none of the guys were doing anything for me lmao.

Still hoping for a remake so I can gay marry Celia or Muffy 👊🏻😔

5. Henry from Fire Emblem Awakening - I used to kinda like him for how good he was but I didn’t like how he hurt animals :/.
snipping this down to address only henry to stick w my own rule but i really have to ask what you’re talking about with this because I’m puzzled 😅 is this because of his support with Lissa? because one of Henry’s main character traits is that he loves animals and tends to prefer them to people
Still hoping for a remake so I can gay marry Celia or Muffy 👊🏻😔
delighted to report that a remake is actually very likely because XSEED already revealed another HM remake is in progress and it makes a Lot of sense for it to be an AWL/DS remake since that’s the sister game for FOMT 😌

snipping this down to address only henry to stick w my own rule but i really have to ask what you’re talking about with this because I’m puzzled 😅 is this because of his support with Lissa? because one of Henry’s main character traits is that he loves animals and tends to prefer them to people

delighted to report that a remake is actually very likely because XSEED already revealed another HM remake is in progress and it makes a Lot of sense for it to be an AWL/DS remake since that’s the sister game for FOMT 😌

You know what, forget I said that. I don’t remember where I got that from. Sorry if I offended you. I feel stupid for misremembering or misunderstanding something.

You know what, forget I said that. I don’t remember where I got that from. Sorry if I offended you. I feel stupid for misremembering or misunderstanding something.
I’m not offended by any means, it’s not big enough a deal to be offended over — or to feel stupid over, there’s no need to! i was just confused and curious 😅

There's not many characters I actively dislike/won't feel at least somewhat sorry for, aside from villains who are intentionally designed to be unsympathetic, but since those are just serving their function in the story, I wouldn't really consider them to be my least favorites, exactly. Still, there's a couple of characters who come to mind who I just really can't stand:

Vincent Nightray from Pandora Hearts - Without getting into specifics, this guy did a lot of really despicable stuff over the course of the series, and for pretty despicable reasons. Tragic backstory, certainly, but my sympathy for him was limited, to say the least.

Bacchus from Fairy Tail - Really, really gross attitude and behavior towards several of the female cast. It also felt like the creator wanted readers to like him after all that, which was?? No.

- Elza Forte aka Perfect Elza from Aikatsu Stars. I despise her because she is so mean.
- Skater duo from Total Drama Ridonculous Race (I forgot their group name).
- Wario from Super Mario
-
Burdine Maxwell, Kirstee, and Kaycee from Bratz.
- Girl from Shugo Chara: Doki. I forgot her name, the one with platinum blonde hair.

There are some other characters I dislike, but those above are the ones I know so far.

Back