landscaping advice needed!

supersailormoon

Bells
Red Cosmos
i'm thinking about erasing all my pathways, cutting down all my trees/bamboo, digging up all my bushes and picking up all my flowers so i can completely change the way my town is landscaped! however, i've never done this before and i'm a little nervous about messing it up so i was hoping someone could give me some tips? anything that has helped you map it out quicker, easier, etc.

I guess the best advice I can give you is to sort of have an idea what you want to do before you start doing a major rehaul. It's always good to plan your work, before you work it. It's kind of hard to give solid advice, when I'm not very clear what your end goal might be.

I haven't done a huge major rehaul since earlier last year. And I knew I didn't care for what was going on in my town, but I didn't really have a pretty stable idea as to how I wanted to go about it. So I hit a lot of roadblocks along the way.

I guess the best advice I can give you is to sort of have an idea what you want to do before you start doing a major rehaul. It's always good to plan your work, before you work it. It's kind of hard to give solid advice, when I'm not very clear what your end goal might be.

I haven't done a huge major rehaul since earlier last year. And I knew I didn't care for what was going on in my town, but I didn't really have a pretty stable idea as to how I wanted to go about it. So I hit a lot of roadblocks along the way.

i'm not clear about what my end goal might be either, so maybe i should take more time to think about that before i go all out!!

That's what I would do. Maybe scope every area and write down notes/make a crude map of your different ambitions/ideas. Or the next time I do a huge rehaul, that's what I am going to do. You don't need to know 100% what you want to do, but having it at least near half way is a good start. At least I would think so.

That's what I would do. Maybe scope every area and write down notes/make a crude map of your different ambitions/ideas. Or the next time I do a huge rehaul, that's what I am going to do. You don't need to know 100% what you want to do, but having it at least near half way is a good start. At least I would think so.

taking notes is a great idea! thank you :lemon:

It can seem like a lot of work, but making a map in paint or on paper that you can change up and edit can be helpful in pre-planning landscaping! I do it in paint, a lot of people do it on graph paper, or whatever works best for them.

lorhavensecondcoppyy.jpg

(this is a map i've been planning things on, so some of what's on it like houses aren't there yet)

That's the best advice i can give though if you're worried about messing things up or not liking the end result :(

Also, even with pre-planning, always take it in steps. Don't just rip everything up and plant new things at once. Do one area at a time, because you never know if something will die in a certain area :(

It can seem like a lot of work, but making a map in paint or on paper that you can change up and edit can be helpful in pre-planning landscaping! I do it in paint, a lot of people do it on graph paper, or whatever works best for them.

View attachment 202418

(this is a map i've been planning things on, so some of what's on it like houses aren't there yet)

That's the best advice i can give though if you're worried about messing things up or not liking the end result :(

Also, even with pre-planning, always take it in steps. Don't just rip everything up and plant new things at once. Do one area at a time, because you never know if something will die in a certain area :(

this is such an amazing suggestion thank you!!

Yeah I was going to suggest using graph paper, but ashubii beat me to it! Ill also suggest, even though this is kind of a given, to make sure to save at least 3 of each type of fruit. I accidentally cut down my only orange trees and had to go to someone else's town to get some more so make sure to clear out the area in front of your fruit trees before you cut them down.

Yeah I was going to suggest using graph paper, but ashubii beat me to it! Ill also suggest, even though this is kind of a given, to make sure to save at least 3 of each type of fruit. I accidentally cut down my only orange trees and had to go to someone else's town to get some more so make sure to clear out the area in front of your fruit trees before you cut them down.

oh yeah, i was definitely gonna collect all the fruit from my trees and stuff before cutting them down. thank you for the reminder though!!

Collect the things you can.
Take a while to collect images you like for inspiration.
I'm going to go against advice and sat rip it all out at once. It gives you a fresh way to look at things and view new ways to do paths trees ect.
That's just me.

Back