Kind of new to TBT, is it common to get replies?

Yonk Raccoon

Video Game Composer
Bells
Switch
3845-6582-4306
I'm finding that new posts I make don't get a single reply, and I've yet to have a conversation with anyone from joining in on other threads. Is it common due to the lack of people or something else? Reddit does the same thing but opposite; the comments are normally sorted by popularity and the new ones get lost because no one bothers to check the fresh comments. Thanks for helping. I'm a bit dense

A lot of time, people will not respond to you in a thread as they are just adding their thoughts. They may reply to you directly though if they agree to disagree with you in some way. I would not worry about this too much though as TBT is full of very nice, kind and accepting people!

Last edited:
Welcome to TBT! And really often, people don't directly reply to your posts. When people reply, they add something to the entire thread as opposed to just one comment, unless they have something to really say about a specific poster's comment, good or bad.

Oh I see. It's been a while since I've been on a proper forum (Nintendo NSider Forums back when I was in elementary school) so I was confused about the structure. Thanks, everyone! If I have room to be off topic, how I delete threads? I've searched all over the site and sticky threads.

TBT is moving to XenForo soon, which has notifications for mentions and quoting. Hopefully that will help threads feel like more of a conversation. I think it'll help!

Oh I see. It's been a while since I've been on a proper forum (Nintendo NSider Forums back when I was in elementary school) so I was confused about the structure. Thanks, everyone! If I have room to be off topic, how I delete threads? I've searched all over the site and sticky threads.

You can't delete your own threads, but if you have a good reason for it to be deleted, you can just report the OP of your own post and request it. Usually, at most, moderators will just lock the thread for you.

instead of directly replying to people, i tend to just like their posts instead. though if i am directly replying to someone, i'll quote them like i am now!
i think to close your thread, if you go to the top of your first post, there'll be a dropdown that says thread tools that should give you the option to lock it. if not, just report your post and a mod can help!

Last edited:
Back