K-POP

Ah! I totally forgot about NU'EST. It's a shame you can't go. I really like their latest Korean release even though it was only in celebration of their 3 year anniversary. I hope they make more music like that. I prefer it over their older stuff.

I'm the same, I like their newer stuff better than their first few singles. I didn't really get interested in them until Sleep Talking. That one and Good Bye Bye are my favourite of theirs. And I just really like the way they interact with each other, they all seem really fun and they joke around but always in a kind way. idk I like 'em

I will live vicariously through fancams of the event (while coping with them being just an hour away from me ;-; )

Last edited:
I started listening to Kpop for actually exactly 3 weeks.
I started with Exo (call me baby!), then I went to look a bit at others.

The thing is I never really got into kpop before because many kpop girl groups annoy me a lot. I don't know, I feel like they're really too plastic, and I seriously can't distinguish them! Especially when I saw "bring the boys" english version of SNSD, I felt so pissed off -_- (I was life wtf for the lyrics) sorry sorry! (I know they didn't write the lyrics etc but I felt tlike they were provoking me :p) Plus the fact that they keep on denying any plastic surgery is bloody annoying and very hypocritical. But this is something else.

Now I only stick to boy groups, but I have to say that for instance IU is one of the rare girls I appreciate (as well as Park Ji min - the female girl - not the BTS one xD).

So I like Exo, BTS (geh I appreciate them a lot because I believe majority of them didn't go under the knife! and their lyrics are very meaningful), Super Junior, a bit of Shinee (especially Taemin with Danger which is such a nice and catchy song!)
Hmmm what else? I like a bit of Beast too, Infinite, Bing Bang (especially G Dragon!!! I love many of his songs - but I don't understand why his appearance is so popular as well as his outfits xD he's cute but for the clothes... hmmm... not my thing)

i only managed to remember the names and faces of all of Exo and BTS, for Suju I know some names and faces (Ryeowook, Siwon, Kyuhyun, Heechul, Eunhyuk) hmm and yeah :)

Big Bang in da house!!

But not as much as I used to. Okay I don't listen to them anymore. ;-;

My first kpop crush was Yunho from TVXQ. He will always be in my heart.

I feel that girl groups have way more uneeded members than boy groups. Even though EXO has 12 and SNSD has 9, it feels like SNSD has more to me.

I started listening to Kpop for actually exactly 3 weeks.
I started with Exo (call me baby!), then I went to look a bit at others.

The thing is I never really got into kpop before because many kpop girl groups annoy me a lot. I don't know, I feel like they're really too plastic, and I seriously can't distinguish them! Especially when I saw "bring the boys" english version of SNSD, I felt so pissed off -_- (I was life wtf for the lyrics) sorry sorry! (I know they didn't write the lyrics etc but I felt tlike they were provoking me :p) Plus the fact that they keep on denying any plastic surgery is bloody annoying and very hypocritical. But this is something else.

Now I only stick to boy groups, but I have to say that for instance IU is one of the rare girls I appreciate (as well as Park Ji min - the female girl - not the BTS one xD).

So I like Exo, BTS (geh I appreciate them a lot because I believe majority of them didn't go under the knife! and their lyrics are very meaningful), Super Junior, a bit of Shinee (especially Taemin with Danger which is such a nice and catchy song!)
Hmmm what else? I like a bit of Beast too, Infinite, Bing Bang (especially G Dragon!!! I love many of his songs - but I don't understand why his appearance is so popular as well as his outfits xD he's cute but for the clothes... hmmm... not my thing)

i only managed to remember the names and faces of all of Exo and BTS, for Suju I know some names and faces (Ryeowook, Siwon, Kyuhyun, Heechul, Eunhyuk) hmm and yeah :)

Oh man. It's not just the girl groups who get plastic surgery. Not by a long shot. You'd be very hard-pressed to find a male idol who hasn't had some work done. I can't say I've ever seen anyone seriously deny getting plastic surgery, some idols (male and female) even appear in advertisements for plastic surgery practices.

Though I do understand the initial aversion to the completely not subtle facial similarities in SNSD (don't get me wrong, they're queens but tbh beyond Jess, Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Sooyoung, they're the only group I'm familiar with that I still have trouble telling apart), unlike the US where pop stars often set the trends, in SK, idols are pressured to look like the "ideal" male or female. Often their company will tell them what diet to go on and kind of plastic surgery to get. Double eyelid surgery in particular is common amongst regular South Korean female teens, in stark contrast to even the idea of having any kind of plastic surgery being almost taboo in North America.

I used to only care about boy groups but then I saw the light. Friends don't let friends only appreciate boy groups ~(‾⌣‾)~

Last edited:
Oh man. It's not just the girl groups who get plastic surgery. Not by a long shot. You'd be very hard-pressed to find a male idol who hasn't had some work done. I can't say I've ever seen anyone seriously deny getting plastic surgery, some idols (male and female) even appear in advertisements for plastic surgery practices.

Though I do understand the initial aversion to the completely not subtle facial similarities in SNSD (don't get me wrong, they're queens but tbh beyond Jess, Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Sooyoung, they're the only group I'm familiar with that I still have trouble telling apart), unlike the US where pop stars often set the trends, in SK, idols are pressured to look like the "ideal" male or female. Often their company will tell them what diet to go on and kind of plastic surgery to get. Double eyelid surgery in particular is common amongst regular South Korean female teens, in stark contrast to even the idea of having any kind of plastic surgery being almost taboo in North America.

I used to only care about boy groups but then I saw the light. Friends don't let friends only appreciate boy groups ~(‾⌣‾)~

Obviously male idols have done plastic surgery! I'm sure that in Exo at least half have done some sort of surgery. I'm sure Kai has had something done, even baekhyun, or someone else. But at least we can distinguish them, for SNSD appart from one or two who may have special features, I find it so hard to know who is who.

I just said that BTS is one of the rare groups to have minimal or no plastic surgery. (I mean V/Taehyung can still looking gorgeous even with monolids, and most of the members still have monolids, usually the first step to platic surgery is the eyelids)
I'm going to look at those videos, thank you for sharing! I kinda know f(x), their music is okay, but I love AMBER!! she is so down to earth, I love the fact that she doesn't have to look slutty/sexy/or whatever to sell. She is extremely genuine, hence why I went to look at their music. I switched to kpop music because all the sex market music in the US is just too much. Can't we finally have meaningful meanings? Decent music? And not Miley Cyrus or Anaconda style videos?
A bit of sexiness here and there isn't bad, but ALL the time drives me crazy.

Obviously male idols have done plastic surgery! I'm sure that in Exo at least half have done some sort of surgery. I'm sure Kai has had something done, even baekhyun, or someone else. But at least we can distinguish them, for SNSD appart from one or two who may have special features, I find it so hard to know who is who.

I just said that BTS is one of the rare groups to have minimal or no plastic surgery. (I mean V/Taehyung can still looking gorgeous even with monolids, and most of the members still have monolids, usually the first step to platic surgery is the eyelids)
I'm going to look at those videos, thank you for sharing! I kinda know f(x), their music is okay, but I love AMBER!! she is so down to earth, I love the fact that she doesn't have to look slutty/sexy/or whatever to sell. She is extremely genuine, hence why I went to look at their music. I switched to kpop music because all the sex market music in the US is just too much. Can't we finally have meaningful meanings? Decent music? And not Miley Cyrus or Anaconda style videos?
A bit of sexiness here and there isn't bad, but ALL the time drives me crazy.

Same!! It seems that sex is what the idols are selling, not music. Since most american idols don't have anything to stand out, they try to create as much controversy as they can. K-pop music doesn't have to rely on any of that.

Last edited:
I'm into KPop but I'm in the minority who couldn't care less about Exo.

I'm mostly into girl groups.

UKISS CCLOWN VIXX CROSSGENE
SO GOOD
But Kangjun from CClown will aways be here <3
And crossgenes new song is so good
Kevin Woo

I love everyone on this thread!

BTS, NU'EST, Got7, Infinite, 4minute, EXID, C-clown and bestie

Ofc a bunch of others too! Like new bands; clc. I don't like anyone in SMTOWN anymore though..

Back