• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Just got a PC, any game recs?

sleepydreepy

legendary egg
Bells
Switch
1638-3529-0786
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Ghostly Preserves
Red Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
I just got my first gaming PC, I have previously been gaming on my switch only and was wondering if any of yall have any good recommendations for games to play that are PC only or play better on a PC.

Here are some games that I like: Celeste, Hades, Spiritfarer, Deadcells, Raji: An Ancient Epic, Roki, Tangle Tower, Subnautica, Pokemon, Lugis Mansion, Animal Crossing

I would also prefer to not play anymore first person games since I can get motion sickness sometime, but I can usually get over it if the game is worth it like I did with Subnautica

Thanks! :)

a lot of games play a lot better on PC, including most of the games you mentioned. some non first person ones that come to mind for me are nier automata and Jedi fallen order. there's a ton of games on steam though, if theres a game you've wanted to play that you couldn't on switch just search its name in the search bar and there's probably a good chance it's on steam

a lot of games play a lot better on PC, including most of the games you mentioned. some non first person ones that come to mind for me are nier automata and Jedi fallen order. there's a ton of games on steam though, if theres a game you've wanted to play that you couldn't on switch just search its name in the search bar and there's probably a good chance it's on steam
Thanks for the suggestions! I have since downloaded the game Dreamscaper and while it is available on the Switch, I figured it would run better on my new PC like you mentioned. It's fun so far, I literally just got it and have only played it for like 30 minutes but I am looking forward to playing more and finding more games.

Just saw this thread and thought I could name a recommendation. ^^ (Not sure if you actually need it though, but better safe than sorry.)

So there's this game called The Binding of Isaac, my brother loves that game. It's kind of dark and gory though, so if you don't like that type of stuff I wouldn't say you should play it, unless you're fine with stuff like that.

It's about a five-year-old boy named Isaac whose mom got depressed because her husband left her, and converted to religion. Apparently she got a message to take away all of Isaac's things, including his clothes... And also to kill her own son. Luckily, Isaac was able to esacpe through a trap door in his room.

As for gameplay, you have to go through six floors by killing enemies and bosses (aka weaponizing your tears, yes I'm serious). There are also a pleather of items to help you throughout the game. On the sixth floor you fight Mother, or a part of her at least. (Mom's Heart, Mom's Foot, etc.) There's also other bosses, like Hush and Delirium and Mega Satan. There's a lot of cool easter eggs and secrets in the game, including a ton of Nintendo references. (Fun fact: This game is inspried by The Legend of Zelda!)

Apologies if I didn't explain it very clearly, I don't know much about the game. My brother does though, so I would probably have to ask him. I played it, and I think it's a great game! Highly recommend.

Edit: You can buy it on Steam for around $20.

Last edited:
These are some Steam games that I think you may like, based on what you listed above that I either played or are on my wishlist. You can check out and decide if it is for you.
Wuppo
Haven Park
Temtem
Terraria
Hoa
The Last Campfire
Gato Roboto
Grimm's Hollow - Note this was someone's project and is a free game
Hokko Life - Note this is early access so there are bugs and content still being added

Civilization V, unless you played it already. Very good and shouldn't be too expensive these days either.

Terraria, I very much prefer the PC version.

Probably no "gaming PC" game, but RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. Like, grab it now unless you have the actual CD's laying around at home.

Civilization V, unless you played it already. Very good and shouldn't be too expensive these days either.

Terraria, I very much prefer the PC version.

Probably no "gaming PC" game, but RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. Like, grab it now unless you have the actual CD's laying around at home.

Why RCT2 when you can get Planet Coaster now, its superior in every way :)

Why RCT2 when you can get Planet Coaster now, its superior in every way :)

rct 1 + 2 are fantastic in their own right, but i would also suggest rct3 : it's one of the best theme-park sims and much of the team who helped developed the title also did work for planet coaster years later.

i'll also vouch for planet coaster! i play it on the ps5, but depending on what gaming pc you have you'll have much more space and customizability to build your dream park and have access to what i heard is a wonderful, robust modding community.

monster hunter rise is also available on the pc and is super good, like ohmigosh. i'm a big mohun fan and rise is very much beginner-friendly and will be releasing a new expansion pack this summer — if you like slash-'em-ups with rpg elements + grinding, i'd strongly recommend it!

I'm not sure if you like survival/colony sim games but I suggest Rimworld, Don't Starve/Don't starve together, and Oxygen not included! I also agree you might like The Binding of Isaac since I see Hades in your likes and they're both rougelikes, along with enter the gungeon.

For a more relaxing game I would suggest Stardew Valley, it's a cute farming game.

I think you should also check out a game called atomicrops? I haven't played it myself but I see it suggested to me a bit and I believe it is also a roguelike.

Back