Native Flower
Lilies

ashubii

Dream Weaver
Bells
White Pansy
2Eresseatitlething.png

⭐⭐⭐_ _

This thread is a WiP. I might not update it every day. Comments and chatting are welcome!

Table of Contents

Island Info
Islanders
Journal Log
Random Screens

Do I Time Travel?
Yes and no. I only TT to finish building a bridge/incline or move a building when I'm in a hurry or to get a villager moved in quickly. At most I will TT 1-3 days ahead and then TT back to the correct date. I've recently started buying Turnips every Sunday so I'm time traveling even less now!

Island Theme & Backstory
As of right now, my island does not have a specific theme or backstory. I have a few vague ideas on the sort of decorations I want (and don't want) to use, but I'm mostly going with the flow and letting inspiration come when it comes. There may come a point where I decide to settle on a theme and write up a backstory. I have some vague ideas if I ever decide to do this.

Dreamies
I have decided to not have dreamies in New Horizons! The only villager I was determined to have was Deirdre and I own her Amiibo card. Instead of choosing specific dreamies, I'm focusing on finding villagers I do not own an Amiibo for and/or have never encountered in the past games. I am also choosing to allow more villagers to move out when they want to just so I can meet new ones.

Online Play & Trading
I am more of a solo-player, so as of right now I am only allowing visits and visiting the islands of personal friends. The same goes for making trades. There may come a point where I decide to do trading of items or villagers here and if so I will link to any trading threads I make in the proper forums.

I realize my thread title should probably read "Journal of Eressea" but I'm too lazy to edit and fix the title image. So let's just assume the plural refers to multiple journal entries since that is essentially what this will be 😉

Last edited:
Island Info

Eressea
(eh-res-seh-ah)

Representative
Ash
Screenshot_2.png

I don't have a story for my character but maybe later on I will think of one. For now, here's some info about me.

Hello, I'm Ashley! I am 27 years old and was first introduced to Animal Crossing not long before New Leaf was released. I started playing my sister's Wild World at the time and then moved on to City Folk. I didn't get a 3DS and New Leaf until nearly a year or two later, but have been obsessed since. I've also been on Belltree for a long while and used to do a lot of trades, though I've been more quiet here until recently.

Hemisphere
North

Native Fruit
latest

Native Flower
latest

Sister Fruit

latest

Sister Flower
latest

Name Meaning
Eressea comes from the name Tol Eressëa, a large island off the coast of Eldamar in J.R.R. Tolkien's universe.

“…they should always be able to leave Middle-earth, if they wished, and pass over Sea to the True West, by the Straight Road, and so come to Eressëa – but so pass out of time and history, never to return.” Tolkien, letter 154

I chose this name out of my love for Middle-earth and because it had the elegant and mystical sound that I wanted for my island. In time my island may adopt a theme to match the mysticism of the name and it's meaning.

Maps
OriginalCurrent
5.jpg
EXLnD1KUMAUoxtJ.jpg

Last edited:
Islanders

First Two
Canberra and Rudy

Current
Canberra, Cleo, Deirdre, Genji, Jacques, Julia, Puddles, Sherb, Tia, Wolfgang
Canberra_NH_Icon.png
Cleo_NH_Icon.png
Deirdre_NH_Icon.png
Genji_NH_Icon.png
Jacques_NH_Icon.png
Julia_NH_Icon.png
Puddles_NH_Icon.png
Sherb_NH_Icon.png
Tia_NH_Icon.png
Wolfgang_NH_Icon.png

Past
Chadder
Chow
Rudy
Nate
Apple

Islander Notes/Commentary
Canberra
I own Canberra's Amiibo card and though I've always liked her design, I've never had her in a past town. I was glad to see her as my first Uchi, even if Deirdre will forever be my favorite villager.

Cleo
I own Cleo's card and used it to move her in after getting hit with the unfortunate “I've moved out” glitch from another villager. Marina had randomly taken over Nate's plot when he moved out but sadly she never moved in and I had to use Cleo to replace her house. I like Cleo's design a lot, but if she asks to move I will be letting her go.

Deirdre
My absolute favorite! She was the first villager I moved in with an Amiibo card and the only villager I initially planned to use an Amiibo to get and intend to keep permanently.

Genji

I've never had him in a town before but I own his Amiibo card, so I decided to use it in order to move out another villager. In all honesty, I wasn't a fan of Genji before moving him in, but he was suggested by my bf & a friend, and now he's grown on me! However, if he decides to move, I will let him go. I'd rather have a Jock that I do not know the card for.

Jacques
After Chowder moved, I went on the hunt for a new Smug villager. I wasn't looking for anyone specific but when I saw Jacques I fell in love with his design!

Julia
I found her on an island! I invited Julia to my island both because her design is really pretty and because she's a Welcome Amiibo villager I never got the card for. I actually didn't know what she looked like before seeing her on the island, so I was pleasantly surprised that she's a peacock!

Puddles

My most recent move-in! I found her on an island and invited her to replace Apple. I went through about 20 tickets trying to get a Peppy I liked and by the time I found Puddles I was pretty tired of island hopping. I even refrained from inviting Lucky in my hope to find a Peppy! I'm glad I found her, though.

Sherb
He was a totally random move-in! My very first, in-fact. My first three to move in had all been invited from islands, so when I placed a sixth plot and saw a random villager had bought it before I could invite one, I panicked a little. In the end, though, I feel very glad and lucky it was Sherb. He's so sweet!

Tia
One of my favorites from New Leaf. I love her design so much! Before my first 3 random villagers moved in, I went exploring islands to try and find and choose my villagers, and Tia was one of the first. As much as I love her though, when she asks to move I will be letting her go and my boyfriend will be inviting her to his own island.

Wolfgang

Another Amiibo card villager! Even though my goal was to avoid keeping villagers that I own Amiibo cards for, I needed a cranky to replace Chow (who refused to move on his own) and Wolfgang is an old favorite. I have no regrets.

Rudy
I remember Rudy being one of my very first New Leaf villagers but I didn't keep him around long enough to really get to know him. I enjoyed having him in Eressea, so much so that I told him not to move the first time he tried.

Chadder
I hate to hate on Chadder, but I was disappointed that he was my first camper. I own his Amiibo card, so that alone was reason enough for me to not want him, but I think my disappointment kind of sullied him for me. It's a shame and I still feel a little bad for ignoring him.

Chow
My least favorite villager that has lived on Eressea so far. My dislike of Chow has nothing to even do with his appearance, since I know a number of people find him ugly (my friends especially). Chow was a random move-in who stole the plot I had chosen and placed for Deirdre. At the time I didn't realize it would be smarter to wait and place a plot on the third day of inviting an Amiibo villager to the campsite. So Chow claimed what was to be Deirdre's and I never forgave him!

Nate
Oh, how I love Nate! I had him in New Leaf in one of my first towns and own his Amiibo card, but I actually found him on an island as one of my first 5 villagers! I was sad to let him go.

Apple
My first ever Peppy in Eressea and one of my favorites in-general! I both own her Amiibo card and currently have her living in my New Leaf town. I think Apple had one of the highest relationships with my character before she decided to move away. I let her go for similar reasons as others: I own her Amiibo, so she's only a scan away, and since she was one of my first 5, her house interior was the default Peppy everyone gets. I'd rather have her unique interior.

Journal Log

Here I will post a list of links for each journal entry so that they can be easily found and not lost in the thread should any comments or discussions take place.

• May 4, 2020
My first entry here! I love the very idea of this forum so much and I hope I can manage to keep up with this thread. I wanted to make a blog for this very thing and ended up scrapping it, so this is perfect!

Now with that out of the way…

EXLa5BwUwAEMZy3.jpg

Today is Deirdre's birthday! It's fitting that my favorite villager is the first birthday my island has celebrated!
My outfit today is inspired by one of her favorite colors~
EXLa5BoUMAEXuXu.jpg

EXLb8XOU8AA79KC.jpg

I'm actually surprised that Julia was her guest. I didn't realize they were friends! Especially because Julia is constantly taking Deirdre's movie and show recommendations and only paying attention to the fashion 😄

EXLcChwU8AEAOAt.jpg
EXLcCh-UwAsQoWj.jpg

I had a difficult time picking out a gift for her. I know her preferences but I was just unlucky and didn't have much that worked. She ended up getting a Sweetheart Dress that I know for a fact looks adorable on her.
EXJ0lYOXYAEYDHp.jpg

EXLcCh7U0AoP1qW.jpg

Unfortunately for Julia we still have about three months until her birthday but I'll be interested to see if Deirdre ends up being her guest or someone else.

EXLnD1fVAAQu9EQ.jpg
EXLnD07UEAY9lOs.jpg

When I left Deirdre's, I decided to plant some flowers in an attempt to follow one of the hybrid growing guidelines floating about (this one, to be exact). I planted some white Windflowers from some seeds since it seems best to start with seeds. I have a ton of flowers on my beach but there's no way I can know and remember exactly which ones I grew from seeds and which were given to me by friends. 😩
Also, I realize the way I've placed these flowerbeds isn't very efficient since there are only about 4-6 empty spaces total for each bed. My paths block the rest of it. I'm not interested in making huge fields for flower breeding though, so, for now, I think this will be fine.

The Hyacinths actually came from a hybrid island so according to the guide they should produce purple flowers. They're not pictured but I also placed a few white Pansies. Apparently I only had three of them though, so I'll have to find some more seeds. My Nook's usually sells them 🙂

EXLnD1SVAAczKgR.jpg

Wolfgang is always so sweet!

Anyway, that's about all I've done for today! I usually do most of my landscaping and terraforming and what-not at night, so there's a chance I'll have more to post about later or tomorrow.

Back