• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

πŸ‡πŸžJellies and Jams πŸ“πŸž

MiniPocketWorld

πŸŒΊπŸ’¦πŸ„πŸ’¦πŸŒΊ
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
πŸ‘πŸŠπŸ₯­πŸπŸ“πŸ’πŸŽπŸ‹πŸŒΆοΈπŸπŸ«πŸ‡πŸŽ
What kind of jelly/jam do you prefer?
Seeds? Seedless? Preserves?
Flavors? Unusual ones?
On toast? On biscuits(scone)?
jam.jpg

Mostly preserves, jam, and marmalade based on the photo. I like real fruits inside instead of just sugary spread. My favorite flavours would have to be strawberry, peach, blackberry and passion fruit. The only marmalade I know of is orange, which I also like, but it depends on my mood for it. I also really like chutneys, especially mango chutney.

My favorites are jam and marmalade but all of these are divine and perfect.

I dislike changes in texture in food, so I feel like I'd only be interested in the entirely smooth options of jelly, curd, and fruit butter. Haven't had curd or fruit butter before. That said, I might be willing to try jam at least to see, and chutney sounds interesting since it has vinegar and spices.

I've only had grape jelly, not even anything like strawberry or anything, so I guess that's my "favorite" by default. I haven't eaten grape jelly in a few years either though.

As for the other questions in the first post, keep the seeds away from me and my preference would be to spread it on toast.

I like jelly and my favorite I have tried is blackberry.
Mixed berry is good and so is strawberry and grape.
I know thousands exist out there. I would like to try some pepper ones sometime though. Like mango pepper jelly or whatever.

The only fruit butter I've had is apple butter and it is really good. Some brands taste a little funky though. My great aunt use to make apple butter from scratch and can it. It was amazing.

Most of the time, I eat stuff like this on toast, but if I happen to have a biscuit, that is always great warmed up with some cold jelly.

I don't like seeds or clumps of fruit in my jelly or jam. Small pieces... like really small pieces of fruit is ok. I just don't want to find a quarter or half of a squishy strawberry it in.

Wendy's puts bacon jam on all almost all their sandwiches, something I didn't realize at first. Beyond getting itchy from pork if there is a lot on my food, any time I ate something with bacon jam, it has made me sick. Idk if that would count since it was on a sandwich, but I don't like bacon jam and their sandwiches didn't taste amazing or anything because it was on it.

i'm into mango chutney with pretty much any cheese, maybe also crackers ! that sort of jazz. not really into jam, jelly, etc though

I won't turn down trying anything made with my favorite fruits, but I don't routinely eat fruit preserves. I suppose my 'favorites' are jellies, jams, and curds, but even then I don't consume them very often, usually it's included in a dessert. My favorite flavors are blackberry, apricot, and grape.

The only jelly I actively avoid is strawberry (despite enjoying actual strawberries). Something about it just tastes off to me.

Jam and preserves. I love it when there's seeds in it or chunks of fruit, especially raspberry and strawberry. Not the biggest fan of grape anymore.

I like almost any but blueberry preserves are my "jam.";)

I've only tried the top row; and basic brands that you'll find at most US markets. For PBJs, I prefer jelly for it's smooth texture, and then jam if that's not available. Fruit preserves I associate more with baked goods, so I don't use that as often.

As for flavors, I just stick to basic strawberries, berries, and grape. One time I did buy Knott's boysenberry jam and it tasted so good even though it had seeds.

Toast is easier to get, but I prefer scones. Especially if it has pieces of berries or cherries already baked in.

Maaan, what's all this goo-goo gaa-gaa mumbo jumbo?? πŸ™„ Smack that fruit spread on that toast and eat the thing already! πŸ˜‚ I like a fat spoonful of whatever on my bread. Butter, 🧈 fruit spread, πŸ“πŸ‡ peanut butter, πŸ₯œ... Last resort is honey, 🍯 though that does indeed taste good. But yeah, I'm whatever about that stuff. Just don't give me burnt toast and pour me that coffee black, please. β˜•πŸ˜ŽπŸžπŸ“

I think I like pretty much all of them except for curd (maybe, I don’t remember if I tried it) and anything with vegetables (they can be good, just not in a jelly) ot nuts. Also, I’m suprised compote isn’t on that chart. Maybe it may technically not be in that family but it seems similar enough to me! And it’s very good! :9

I like jam, jelly, and preserves! I've also been meaning to try marmalade for a while now, and fruit butter sounds like it'd be something I'd like too. I don't like eggs unless they're being used to bake something, so I don't see myself liking curd ahaha ;u;

I've liked most jelly/jam flavors that I've tried, apple jelly being my absolute favorite (especially paired with butter, omg), and I'm generally fond of most berry preserves. Oddly, I've never liked purple grape jelly anytime I've had it, even though I like the fruit itself. I don't think I'm particular about the texture/smoothness, though I do prefer them to have minimal to no added sugar. Fruit is plenty sweet on its own, imo, and too much sugar can easily overpower the flavor. Can't tell you how many apple pies I've had where the filling just tasted like chunky sugar with cinnamon. πŸ˜” Also I just get sick from eating sugar pretty easily ;;

I'll usually have mine on some form of toast, often with a little bit of butter too. Apple jelly or any sort of pink jelly (strawberry, raspberry, etc.) can also go on peanut butter sandwiches, though I've yet to meet a dark jelly that I thought tasted good with peanut butter.

also thumbprint jam cookies are just πŸ’―. love those.

I much prefer jelly, especially grape, but I will admit, jam is pretty good as my dad has now got me hooked on the strawberry one. ❀️

I think for the most part I prefer jam/preserves over jelly because I do like the little fruit pieces but jelly is tasty too. Strawberry and raspberry are my favourites, especially if it's with rhubarb. Grape jelly I just can't get in to, and any sort of peanut butter jelly sandwich is also a no from me. I like peanut butter and I like jelly but they must remain separate.

Not that long ago I also tried kaya or coconut jam for the first time and it's really tasty! Kaya is creamy since it's made with coconut milk and eggs so I guess maybe it's a curd but I've always heard it referred to as jam. I don't find it to be that sweet which is something I actually like about it, kaya toast and coffee makes a perfect pairing for me.

I like marmalade and jam. We don’t have jellies afaik in uk? My favourite is thick cut marmalade on whole meal toast ( medium not thick. I’m not keen on thick sliced bread)

Jam/preserves strawberry is my favourite but I do like black cherry. I don’t think I have had a fruit chutney. I’m not really a pickle person. I have only had savoury. A little chutney in a cheese sandwich or a burger.

I do love seeing everyone’s favourite as different countries have so many variations πŸ’œ

I’m a texture person, and anything with pulp or rind grosses me out. I’m also not the biggest fan of seeds, though they’re preferable to pulp. My favourite spreads are jam and jelly, with jam being the one I eat the most. My favourite flavour of jam is strawberry, but I also like cherry, raspberry, grape and blueberry jams! I usually only eat jam when I have a PB&J sandwich, but I also like it on buttered toast! It’s delicious in danishes and thumbprint jam cookies as well! My favourite flavour of jelly is apple; I especially like it on buttered toast!

Huh, I didn't know there were all kinds of fruit preserves. I would say my favorite is jam, but jelly and marmalade (especially orange) are good too. As for flavors, strawberry is the best, but I also enjoy grape and blueberry. I can't say I've tried many flavors besides those three, though.

I usually prefer jelly, but there were times in which I enjoy preserves. Usually involving fruits that were soft and didn't contain seeds. Fruits with seeds in fruit preserves are basically felt of jarring for me whenever I eat a sandwich containing preserves with seeds (no pun intended).

Other than that, could never go wrong with butter and apricot jam/preserves or the classic peanut butter and jelly combo.

I'm lowkey obsessed with strawberry jam/preserves. I'm not at all a fan of eating pb&j as a meal, but I love to make one with strawberry preserves sometimes πŸ“

Back