Jacob's Art and Design Dump

the portrait looks amazing, holy fukc. i dont suggest taking my advice too seriously considering i study more towards cartoons instead of portraits, but everything looks perfect. it's just the face -- i'd move her left eye more to the left. if she's facing directly forward, then the right eyebrow should be a bit longer (unless she's raising her eyebrow). it just looks a bit more curved than the eyebrow on the left - if that was intentional then ignore this part. i'd make her lips pop out a little more too if that makes sense

the portrait looks amazing, holy fukc. i dont suggest taking my advice too seriously considering i study more towards cartoons instead of portraits, but everything looks perfect. it's just the face -- i'd move her left eye more to the left. if she's facing directly forward, then the right eyebrow should be a bit longer (unless she's raising her eyebrow). it just looks a bit more curved than the eyebrow on the left - if that was intentional then ignore this part. i'd make her lips pop out a little more too if that makes sense

Got it, thank you so much!

Requesting more advice, tips, and critique for a portrait, thanks in advance

Last edited:
Haven't drawn in a couple months, this is the first piece since my hiatus.
qRRqZ2A.jpg

I will try to fix some of the broken images in the OP but for now, enjoy this picture of a deer skull that I found in the art room!

Media: Prismacolor Softcore Colored Pencils.​

lips with Prismacolor Soft-core pencils, White gel pen, and White out for the shiny stuff
GbVTLHN.jpg

Lemme know what you think!!​

Last edited:
(nice nike sig i appreciate a good aesthetic) i rlly like the lips tho it pretty i don't draw so i don't have a critique mb

ivDYyLJ.jpg

A little old, but a drawing of a pumpkin from Prisma-Colors​

Hey everyone! I'm here updating this thread with some of my favorite new work I've completed since my last post (almost 3 exact years ago!!!)

Here is what I updated the OP with, will be adding even more in the coming days! Thank you so much for looking and please enjoy :]

Slugabed Vinyl Design

Album Front and Back
VrlBgbt.jpg

Inside Liner Notes
GFPBEtS.jpg

Vinyl Center Sticker Side A
vc8ByMf.png

For this project, I was tasked to make a vinyl cover, inside liner notes, and vinyl stickers for a fantasy vinyl of any artist's music of our choice. I chose Slugabed, an atmospheric electronic music producer. We could only use collaged typography for this assignment- meaning the majority of it had to be hand-created and we could not collage images of items, only text and letters.

Moons Of Saturn Festival

Cover and One Spread
FiKQ2TD.jpg

A Second Spread
jeAaxPJ.jpg

Poster and Tickets
KHAZTvQ.jpg

For this project I created a fake music/film festival- titled Moons Of Saturn, Sci Fi Festival- for which I then designed a 20-page publication for, as well as tickets and a promotional poster.

Phobia

d1lsO05.jpg

HAkpuPA.jpg

2MNxCMU.jpg

This project was a 3d piece about communicating a specific word, and it had to be a hanging mobile. I chose the word Phobia and decided to create a spider installation with bouncing legs and letters wrapped in web

Avicii Promotional Poster

3TyCR63.png

For this project, our local music hall asked us to create posters for artists that performed there in the past, so I chose Avicii. I used spray paint and laser-cut stencils as the primary elements in this design to create kind of a psychedelic, color design to capture the sound of electronic music (in my opinion)
MEP064G.png

CjYTi3L.png

1YB03Ix.jpg

P4AeRvK.jpg

I5MMW62.jpg

WNPrnQ0.jpg

Back