I've been procrastinating catching the Salmon and King Salmon

Cardboardo

Dictator of Ostrel
Bells
Arcade Tokens
I only have a few days left to do so. I've heard different things about where they can be caught in late September, can anyone give me a spot that they're caught them near the end of this month?

I caught both mine at the bottom of the waterfall into the sea. Salmon are pretty common, you may also find char as well.

Last edited:
If you can't find them immediately, take a walk around the far opposite edge of your town and come back. They usually respawn by then (at least they did for me).

If you can't find them immediately, take a walk around the far opposite edge of your town and come back. They usually respawn by then (at least they did for me).

Or you can save and continue. After it finishes saving, fish usually spawn right away. Just keep doing it until you find what you want. Saved me lot of time. :p

I just checked the waterfall basin (on beach) after every load screen. ~ so whenever I left a villagers house/main street/re-tail etc. One showed eventually.

The king salmon took me a very long time to find, almost three or four days. :( I was pretty persistent, though, and I recommend walking along the beach for better results. :) At least that's how it was compared to walking around the river and back for me.

Last edited:
I have caugth many Salmon and a couple of King Salmon. Caught all of them at the bottom of the waterfall near the ocean.

Stand at the top of the cliff and cast into the river and watch the bobber drop down. Do this technique even if you don't see their shadows.

I caught the King Salmon after 7pm and before 9pm.

Another thing. I have a bridge near my sea waterfall, I just walked from top to bottom via the bridge catching everything that appeared. It worked quite well, plus I got a good amount of money as well.

I got them both today. My real problem is the gar. I have been putting it off since June because every time I try to find it, it never shows up. Now I'm down to the wire where I only have a few days left to catch it. Argh.

Back