Island Hopping VS Buying Villagers?

mayorsami

Bells
Switch
4452-6161-0443
Which do you guys prefer to do when finding new villagers/dreamies?

I've been doing nothing but trading with nmt for a while, but I have a bunch saved up and almost all my dreamies already besides one or two.. so I'm considering just using them to find a villager I want by myself (For some reason I would feel more accomplished that way too lol)

But at the same time I'm not sure if it's really worth trying as some people spend 50+ tickets to go to islands and don't find the villager they want

I’ve only ever brought one villager cause I personally don’t really mind which villagers I have in my town and like to change them up pretty often.
But I would prefer to just buy a villager. I don’t have the patience or committed to island hope. Especially when I see some people on here island hopping 300+ island before they find the villager they’re looking for.
If you have the money and can, I’d definitely recommend buying.

Island hopping is fun at start. But it will get devastating if you failed to get one of your dream villagers especially after a lot of attempts.

I rather stick with buying them directly from players. I am not that adventurous yet.

I would rather get them by trading , island hopping might be fun at the start , but eventually it gets tiring and disappointing

I like island hopping, but the fact I have to find a villager during one day and I am usually very poor in NMTs makes it so stressful that I definitely prefer buying them. I would really like to do island hopping but I just can't really afford it.

I like island hopping, but I think it depends on how dead-set you are on getting a specific villager. If you want Raymond and only Raymond, then it'll get irritating. But if you're open to a lot of different ones as long as they're cute enough, then it's fun. It really depends on what experience you're looking for.

I like island hopping, but I think it depends on how dead-set you are on getting a specific villager. If you want Raymond and only Raymond, then it'll get irritating. But if you're open to a lot of different ones as long as they're cute enough, then it's fun. It really depends on what experience you're looking for.

True!! If I really want a specific one I guess buying would be the way to go, especially after seeing the chances of actually finding a specific villager like Raymond lol.

I have one space left in my town and theres a good amount of villagers I really like so maybe it'd be worth it to go? Though I'm the type to pick the first decent villager I see in case I don't like any of the ones that come after haha

I prefer island hopping in part because having the villager move-in with authentic clothing is really important to me. You can't be sure when adopting from someone online what they've been given!

I prefer island hopping in part because having the villager move-in with authentic clothing is really important to me. You can't be sure when adopting from someone online what they've been given!

I bought my Marshal, the person before me gave him a crown. He walks around my island like he’s better than the rest of us, wearing his ciao t-shirt to match.

Oh this is a good point!! I've almost been considering moving Katt out and finding her again because the person who gave me her gave poor Katt so many tacky outfits lol

I love island hoping, although it is tedious. I was impatient and moved in my Dreamie via Amiibo tho. Otherwise I would have spent time in NMT looking for her.

Island hopping, I have a huge list of villagers I really like, so it's fun to see who I find.

I love island hopping! It reminds me of the adrenaline rush I'd get from gacha games (or really any luck based thing). I agree with the others in that you'd probably be better of trading for one specific villager, but if your mind's open or if you have a pool of villagers you want to adopt, island hopping is fun!

There's a part of me that really likes island hopping because I like the feeling of finding them myself. To me it feels a bit rewarding when I find them haha. I also get to meet new villagers and decide if I want to take them or keep searching, I think that in itself is a bit fun :)

I did buy one of my villagers (Stitches) which was much more efficient and way cheaper to do. I guess it just depends on whether you're willing to spend a couple hours island hopping or not

Finding villagers you want while island hopping definitely feels better. It feels like it was meant to be and you just instantly connect with that villager. Same goes with the campsite in my opinion. Downside of island hopping is that it really gets frustrating, especially when you start doing it with the intention of finding that one villager, maybe your dreamie. I don’t own any amiibos, so I can’t say how it feels to get villagers with them. But I’ve bought some. I’ve been looking like crazy for Poppy and Chief and couldn’t really find them anywhere(also, I don’t own an incredible amount of NMT cause I play sporadically and don’t TT). It was getting frustrating so I found a lively user that was cycling her amiibos for TBT and I got some villagers. It feels great to have them roaming in my island now and I couldn’t be happier but it doesn’t feel like it was meant to be, if it makes any sense 😂

personally, buying villagers is the most convenient and easiest for me!—i take pride in the ones i find while island hopping tho lmao

I only ever traded for one villager - my ultimate dreamie, Zucker. I've obtained the others through Island hopping and hope to continue it soon (the unwanted villagers are taking forever to leave though).
I'm still on the lookout for a good Snooty and a nice Jock but I'm more open to who they might be - that way I won't be as disappointing during the Island hopping tours because I won't be looking for anyone specific.

I've never bought villagers before, and don't plan to do so. I like the thrill of looking for them in nmt island hopping.

It helps that I don't have a fixed dreamie list, so I tend to take just who looks nice and would probably fit into my island.

I do not have the time to island hop for specific villagers, I would much rather spend my free time on my island messing around and living life there. In the beginning of the game I did island hop, because I did not care much who lived on my island, as long as I liked them right them and there. The only way I would island hop again is when I have an empty plot I use for the one random villager I want on my island, to once in a while see new faces :p

Back