• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is this a good town layout?

Is this a good layout?

• Yes

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RainCrossing

Bells
jcuvX8f.jpg

I'm resetting for the prefect map. If you were resetting, would you settle for this map?
If no, please state your reason

Pros:
Layout - big land m
Circle grass m
Apples m
Brown train station m
Grey town hall m
Town Hall perfectly below the plaza m
South facing waterfall m

There is no cons XD

Last edited:
Wow that map looks perfect to me! I have almost that exact river shape in my second town, and my Retail is in the same position too (with the same river next to it). And a huuuge plus for the town hall being perfectly centered above the plaza. You haven't listed any cons, so I say go for it!

Wow that map looks perfect to me! I have almost that exact river shape in my second town, and my Retail is in the same position too (with the same river next to it). And a huuuge plus for the town hall being perfectly centered above the plaza. You haven't listed any cons, so I say go for it!

There is no cons! ☆

Well you obviously like it so why does it matter if we would choose it or not?

I'm not very fussy with my layout but I don't like the town tree being near the town hall so I probably wouldn't choose this map.

It's all up to opinion.
So even though it's a no for me, it's probably a yes for you. I don't like the position of the river.
As Megatastic stated, why does it matter if we like it?

Well you obviously like it so why does it matter if we would choose it or not?

I'm not very fussy with my layout but I don't like the town tree being near the town hall so I probably wouldn't choose this map.

Okay! I do like it but then some could be better.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's all up to opinion.
So even though it's a no for me, it's probably a yes for you. I don't like the position of the river.

If it doesn't matter then I wouldn't be posting this -_-. Ugh

It's all up to opinion.
Other people might point out cons that OP didn't consider, I suppose. But I agree with the overall sentiment that others' opinions shouldn't matter.

oh wow, my cycle town has that same layout, retail is on the left and there's only one pond but it's basically the same. i say keep it!

In that case.
No, don't do it.
I don't think you should, due to the reason that the pond next to retail and the town hall, could get annoying. You wouldn't be able to have a straight path and your path would be really bendy.
Another thing is that the river all over the place. Plus the beach has a break in it, so you would have to get over the bridge to be able to check the other side, I have a town like that. And it's really annoying. I feel like a more simple town would be better for you.

I wouldn't keep it, simply because there's only one river layout I actually like. But it is cute, I have always thought that river layout is quite sweet, and it is nice that all your buildings are up in that corner so it's a nice little area where everything is together. I'd be slightly annoyed with the beach being split because I fish a lot so it would be a pain to have to go up the ramp and cross the river to go and check the other side.

But it's up to you and since you don't think there are any cons, it sounds like you really like it :)

Oh I would have loved to have that map! Definetly keep it, it seems awesome!

I don't really like it. When picking a town map, the river is always the biggest factor for me. My original town has the beach on the right side of town instead of left and I prefer that so much that I don't think I could ever go for a town with the opposite layout, like the one you posted. Plus, the river shape doesn't have much room on the other side and it's shaped kind of funny as well, and I wouldn't prefer that either.

I don't like how bendy the river is. If you're looking to place houses on the bottom side, I don't know how it would work without the paths messing up, but if you know how you want your town to look like and you think it's perfect then go for it. I'd probably have a much better opinion if you did tell me how you wanted your town to be though. :)

Last edited:
Retail is really far from the dock. It'll be a pain getting to and fro from the basket to re-tail.

Last edited:
Not really. The river is all wonky shaped so even if u have 3 bridges, it'll be hard to cross fast and since retail is at the tippy top, you'll have to travel a distance to sell fish or fruit.

Last edited:
I'd say no since the town hall is directly behind the town tree, so when it grows it covers up stuff behind it. Just a personal preference, but I like the town tree to be isolated.

I'm not a fan of how far away the retail is from the dock, or how close the retail, town hall and town tree are. And the ponds aren't in the best positions.

No. I don't like how the waterfall is on the right. It is nice having Re-Tail, the Plaza, and the Town Hall all right near each other. Circle grass and apples are both pluses.

I like lots of ponds in my town too and that one only has two. I don't like the brown train station. Grey is alright.

But if you like it, keep it! You're the one who's going to be enjoying it most!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back