• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Is there more of a less chance for a villager to move out without checking in a while?

Mr_Persona

🤍🌌✨🌌🤍
Bells
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
Holiday Candy Cane 2022
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Enchanted Butterfly Glow Wand
Aurora Sky
Red Super Star Trophy
Eerie Star Potion
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Purple Bat Potion
Couldn't find any answers, everything involves around NH these days.

So I know a villager can move out on you without asking, but is there a less chance of that happening when I don't check in a while or is it the opposite? Also questioning this because my sister last played NL in 2019 and I checked in recently and no one ever moved out.

If there was already an answer for this in nl question thread then I must've missed it because I didn't see any when I read through.

Last edited:
I'm not certain if this is true or not, but I think I've read somewhere that if you stopped a villager from moving on the last day you played then you can put the game down for any length of time and no villagers will move out.

I'm not certain if this is true or not, but I think I've read somewhere that if you stopped a villager from moving on the last day you played then you can put the game down for any length of time and no villagers will move out.
cool! Maybe that happened to my sister and it lasted for years until i went on. Everytime I check in I always stop a villager and I don't play again until a few weeks later so maybr I'll try that and see if it works. Thx

I put New Leaf down for a long time, and when I picked it up again just to see what my town was now like, everything was more or less exactly as it was (minus the flowers all being dead, obviously). I think it's intended to function so that players who put it down for a long time can pick up where they left off.

Yes, this is what I've done to be able to take breaks without worrying. I am 99% sure it works this way.

Whenever I use my other cartridges (which I dont play everyday like bunny) I have found out that its sort of a decay effect. Normally its all exactly the same but there is a high chance that one villager has moved but sometimes not. BUT I have realized that the minute you start playing again villagers have a HIGH HIGH chance of moving or asking you if they should and I think thats just how the game works.

Back