• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Introductions!!

PuccaSue

lurking gremlin
Bells
Switch
7291-8742-3809
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to do a quick introduction and see if anyone would reply lol. I'm quite new to animal crossing, have only played NH BUT I have spent quite too many hours of my life watching lets play of the other titles although I could not play them myself.

Wanted to join this forum to talk to people who liked animal crossing as well, since I just restarted NH (started and have been playing since it came out but have restarted a few times lol) and I'm hoping to get NL soon. Thank you new found financial freedom to get myself games lol.

Also if anyone would be kind enough to explain what TBT is when people refer to it in posts (I usually see it in trading posts) that'd be appreciated. Lol I'm very confused about a lot of stuff on the forum but I thought it looked a bit cozier than the discords I've seen in regards to just chatting and stuff.

Anyway, hopefully you'll see me every now and then on the forums, and I'll probably lurk quite often!

-Sarah

Welcome to The Bell Tree! I hope you have a great time here :)

As for what TBT is, it's how people refer to the main currency here on the forums, which is Bells. You make Bells simply by posting (except in The Basement), and the longer the post is, the more Bells you get. We use Bells to pay for basically everything on here, collectibles, art, in-game items, you name it.

Welcome to the forums Sarah!

The poster above basically covered what "TBT" or TBT bells are! 😊 It's a forum currency used for trading. For regular forum users, it can be used to purchase collectibles (the 2x5 line of little square pictures near our name), but also for trading for in game items or for purchasing art from some of the artists on here! 😊

My first AC game was Pocket Camp, followed by New Horizons, so I feel you! I'm hoping to get New Leaf one day too, just to experience one of the other AC games.

How is your new island going? Do you have a specific idea for how you want to decorate? And any favourite villagers? 😊

Hope you enjoy it here! 🌴

hello, sarah! welcome to the forums! ☺️

i totally feel you about watching playthroughs of the ac games you haven’t played; i’ve spent an insane amount of time watching people play city folk for someone who‘s never played it herself 🤣 watching people play the japanese version of new leaf was also how i coped until it released in NA as well haha

i wish you the best of luck with your new island!

Hey Sarah, welcome to the forums! It is pretty cozy here, and I hope to see you around!

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Thank you!
Post automatically merged:

Welcome to The Bell Tree! I hope you have a great time here :)

As for what TBT is, it's how people refer to the main currency here on the forums, which is Bells. You make Bells simply by posting (except in The Basement), and the longer the post is, the more Bells you get. We use Bells to pay for basically everything on here, collectibles, art, in-game items, you name it.
Ahhh I see that makes sense, thank you so much for the explanation lol I was confused for a bit there

Welcome to the forums Sarah!

The poster above basically covered what "TBT" or TBT bells are! 😊 It's a forum currency used for trading. For regular forum users, it can be used to purchase collectibles (the 2x5 line of little square pictures near our name), but also for trading for in game items or for purchasing art from some of the artists on here! 😊

My first AC game was Pocket Camp, followed by New Horizons, so I feel you! I'm hoping to get New Leaf one day too, just to experience one of the other AC games.

How is your new island going? Do you have a specific idea for how you want to decorate? And any favourite villagers? 😊

Hope you enjoy it here! 🌴
Lol I finally took the plunge and got new leaf to reward myself for graduating college🤣 I can't wait to play lol I heard that the villagers have a lot more personality in that game, which is one of my favorite aspects of animal crossing.

I'm actually not the biggest decorator because I always feel as though I do it poorly and compare it to other people so I think I'm just gonna go slow and decorate based on what I get and think looks nice. I'm so bad with getting overwhelmed I don't even know if I wanna do much terraforming this time around, might keep a lot of the natural landscape and just expand some of the mountain and make a new waterfall and pond. I don't really know yet lol. My favorite part of new leaf is just running around, fishing, watering flowers and all that.

My favorite villager is Nana cause she's so cute and I love her name lol but I also love Ruby and Cole sm. Other than that just all the lazy boys please.

hello, sarah! welcome to the forums! ☺️

i totally feel you about watching playthroughs of the ac games you haven’t played; i’ve spent an insane amount of time watching people play city folk for someone who‘s never played it herself 🤣 watching people play the japanese version of new leaf was also how i coped until it released in NA as well haha

i wish you the best of luck with your new island!
Omg Simply Press Start just started a city folk lets play I believe which has been my background noise for life. She's just so relaxing to listen to.

I actually got my first ac experience with city folk from a friend who had it when I was little, we played all day one day but then I forgot the name of it until I got super into YoKai Watch in middle school and people who played that on YouTube generally played animal crossing as well. When I realized that was the game name I was so excited haha

Hey Sarah, welcome to the forums! It is pretty cozy here, and I hope to see you around!
Thank you!!

I feel stupid with this long post replying to everyone butttt I didn't want to not reply to everyone sorry that this thread of replies is so long😬😬

Last edited:
Hi! I’m also a baby Animal Crossing fan, since New Horizons is my AC game. Hope you’re enjoying it!

Hi! I’m also a baby Animal Crossing fan, since New Horizons is my AC game. Hope you’re enjoying it!
Although new horizons switched things up and some people like the older series better I still think it's like a perfect first animal crossing game for a lot of people. I just bought new leaf cause I have a DS for some older games I still play and am excited to start that soon though! Would love to play some of the other ones before new leaf - like start with an older one then play new leaf but I don't have a Wii or Wii u anymore and don't wanna buy an older system just for AC lol

Back