• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

I swear this game's RNG hates me lol

Spooky.

Lonely Heart
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Leif
Poptart Easter Egg
I have been island hopping for 4 days now, looking mainly for Sasha, or Ione if she shows up first. I have spent over 400 tickets now, seen every new villager from 2.0 at least twice now, except for the two I'm looking for. I've gone to islands where I've seen the same villager 2-3 times in a row. I've seen the villager I just moved out twice now (why?!) The RNG in this is absolute madness.

I already have at least 1 of every personality type, but I have no rabbits at all, and I only have 1 squirrel. I thought maybe I wasn't seeing Ione because I already have two normals, but I've seen dozens of normals as well. I've tried different times of day, changing my outfit, nothing.

I don't understand at all. I shouldn't be seeing the same villagers 20+ times and others zero times (like Bob, Winnie, Boots, etc). It makes absolutely no sense. And considering how expensive one nmt ticket is and how you have to print them 1 at a time, it's just a nightmare. I get it, they probably want you to give more villagers a chance but seriously. Four days for one of two villagers and I haven't seen either? What gives? This RNG is absolutely awful. If I already have two normals, I shouldn't be seeing any, or they should be rare. If I have no rabbits, I should be seeing more rabbits. In fact, the only rabbit I've seen was Francine and I saw her twice. Ughhhhhh.

Sorry for this post, I just needed to vent.

I don't blame you. The RNG on this game is just too broken sometimes. I had the worst luck last year trying to find my favorite villagers and this year I still had bad luck trying to get some of the new items.

I don't blame you. The RNG on this game is just too broken sometimes. I had the worst luck last year trying to find my favorite villagers and this year I still had bad luck trying to get some of the new items.

It's so frustrating. There are times where I want to pick just some random tolerable villager so I can actually play my game, but then I remember now much Bells I spent buying nmt on here and how much effort I've put in to give up now.

It's so frustrating. There are times where I want to pick just some random tolerable villager so I can actually play my game, but then I remember now much Bells I spent buying nmt on here and how much effort I've put in to give up now.
I still question myself on spending so many nook mile tickets just to get the villagers and items I wanted last year. I did so much trading on Nookazon that it still makes me hesitate to even do it again. This year however all I did was spent so much time restarting on the 2nd island just get different variants of furniture and of course getting villagers that I had trouble getting. Then I reached burnout and I just said "Okay stop thats enough!" It was then I knew that I was taking this game too seriously and I had to take a break.

Since then I have learned to enjoy the game slowly and the 2.0 update really helped with some of the issues that I had before like the variant colors on the items since Cyrus is a thing, but then again I still have trouble trying to get the newer items. Even at Lottie's Office I still get the same items.

I have been island hopping for 4 days now, looking mainly for Sasha, or Ione if she shows up first. I have spent over 400 tickets now, seen every new villager from 2.0 at least twice now, except for the two I'm looking for. I've gone to islands where I've seen the same villager 2-3 times in a row. I've seen the villager I just moved out twice now (why?!) The RNG in this is absolute madness.

I already have at least 1 of every personality type, but I have no rabbits at all, and I only have 1 squirrel. I thought maybe I wasn't seeing Ione because I already have two normals, but I've seen dozens of normals as well. I've tried different times of day, changing my outfit, nothing.

I don't understand at all. I shouldn't be seeing the same villagers 20+ times and others zero times (like Bob, Winnie, Boots, etc). It makes absolutely no sense. And considering how expensive one nmt ticket is and how you have to print them 1 at a time, it's just a nightmare. I get it, they probably want you to give more villagers a chance but seriously. Four days for one of two villagers and I haven't seen either? What gives? This RNG is absolutely awful. If I already have two normals, I shouldn't be seeing any, or they should be rare. If I have no rabbits, I should be seeing more rabbits. In fact, the only rabbit I've seen was Francine and I saw her twice. Ughhhhhh.

Sorry for this post, I just needed to vent.
You're punishing yourself for no reason. You're looking for 2 out of 413 villagers, that's a less than 1% chance of finding one of them.

Island hopping for a villager has no parameters. Every jump has the exact same RNG chances (though it could just be me, but after the update I've been finding it a little more generous at cycling through different species at least) so it's actually possible (but not probable) to run into the same villager multiple times.

You have 2 betters options:

1.) Get one of the cyclers to get you one of the villagers. They're far from rare, the series 5 amiibo set made the Sp characters hard to get, not the villagers.

2.) Campsite method: Unlike island hopping, the campsite method works within set parameters...and is what I used to get Raymond before he was an amiibo. The campsite 'remembers' every villager you've had on your island or visit the campsite, and it will only give you repeats under certain circumstances. My advice? Boot your current lazy, and begin the campsite method if you want Sasha that badly.

You're punishing yourself for no reason. You're looking for 2 out of 413 villagers, that's a less than 1% chance of finding one of them.

Island hopping for a villager has no parameters. Every jump has the exact same RNG chances (though it could just be me, but after the update I've been finding it a little more generous at cycling through different species at least) so it's actually possible (but not probable) to run into the same villager multiple times.

You have 2 betters options:

1.) Get one of the cyclers to get you one of the villagers. They're far from rare, the series 5 amiibo set made the Sp characters hard to get, not the villagers.

2.) Campsite method: Unlike island hopping, the campsite method works within set parameters...and is what I used to get Raymond before he was an amiibo. The campsite 'remembers' every villager you've had on your island or visit the campsite, and it will only give you repeats under certain circumstances. My advice? Boot your current lazy, and begin the campsite method if you want Sasha that badly.

I had someone offer me Sasha and then I never heard from them again. I've looked in the neighborhood section a few times but I've already spent so much tbt buying nmt I don't really want to spend more right now. I just had no idea it was going to take 4+ days and over 400 tickets.

I have an open plot right now so I'd rather not have to deal with just picking in a random and kicking out my current lazy, who I totally adore, I don't want him to go and be stuck with a random villager to get rid of too. I'd end up with the same cycle of having to hunt him down again.

so it's actually possible (but not probable) to run into the same villager multiple times.
I have seen both Bangle and Brofina alone at least 20 times. That's just them, too. I've seen so many villagers multiple times, some back to back. I saw Sly two islands in a row. It's so frustrating.

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your trying times villager hunting for the past few days. I may have been the one to offer you Sasha before, but the holidays made it crazy to respond back at an efficient time. I too understand the disheartening RNG that can happen while viillager hunting, so I have gone through just getting some of my dreamies via Nookazon or such just to get my life back in order. Anyways, if you are still needing help, I can still offer my service, and would love to assist you. Just throwing it out there if ever. Take care, and good luck. 🙂

you can always use money to buy villagers if you are desperate or just sick with the RNG. i personally have bought villagers before for a dollar each and i'd buy again over island hopping anytime tbvh

Back