• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I read that this next update is the last update for ACNH? Thoughts?

peachycrossing9

Taking a break :3
Bells
Switch
3310-7464-3144
Island
Liliana
Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this here yet. If so, I can just lock this thread.

But I just read that ACNH won't be getting anymore further updates/content paid or free, after this massive update drops? I don't know if this is 100% true, but if so what are your thoughts/opinions on it?

For me personally, if it's true, I'm a little upset by it. I was hoping they might still release small amounts of content every now and then. Wouldn't mind if it's free or paid for. But with this big update dropping in November, I guess they think it's going to be enough to keep everyone going. Which, I'm not complaining AT ALL about this update, I am SO excited and happy that it's happening. Just a little sad to know that there won't be anything else coming. No more multiplayer features added? No more quality of life updates? Maybe this is supposed to be like New Leaf, where after they released the massive Welcome Amiibo update, that was it for the game?

Again, no idea if this is actually what Nintendo are planning on doing. It's just something I stumbled upon today and wanted to mention it.

Also please keep this friendly. Any arguments and I will just lock the thread. Let's be friendly and drama free :)

It said in the direct that this will be the last major free update, and I know it's different for everybody, but for me, I'm fine with it.

The timing of the major update met my expectations, the quality of the update met my expectations, and I wasn't expecting any paid DLC, so that exceeded my expectations. 😊🌟

I'm really happy they've been clear that this is the last major update.

Disappointed if I'm honest, since there's a few things I still want from past games, but the update is so substantial that ACNH has become my favourite in the series! I just wish they added stuff like mini games and Gracie (+ department store) for it to become close to perfection for me.

So it's a mixed bag for me. I really hope they just mean the large updates like 1.0 and 2.0 and not the smaller ones like 2.1. But it does seem like they mean "2.0.1" with their wording, sadly.

In the Direct itself, it does state 2.0 is the last large update. Sadly this means in terms of free updates, we are likely looking at them finishing the holiday updates leading up to Bunny Day like Toy Day, New Year's, and the Festival which haven't gotten their 2nd year touch ups like the other Holidays.

In terms of Paid DLC, apparently some gaming site reached out to Nintendo and was told this was going to be the only paid DLC, so that very well might means the curtain has fell. I mean will they do some updates to the DLC for a bit to add on a few bells and whistles?

Gracie, Digby, and maybe Dr. Shrunk seem like characters that could or should at least make an appearance. There's always some hope they are tucked away in secret for 2.0 or the DLC?

Would also been nice for every species to of gotten 1 new or returning Villager. We are getting yet another Normal Squirrel while Tigers lack three personalities.

I mean I'm happy and excited for everything, but it does feel like a few things could of been topped off a tad bit more. I wanted to meet a few more of the older NPCs while I was really hopeful some of the neglected species would get filled out a bit more in their villager pool. That would of basically perfected everything for me.

Final Major update. I still expect things like holiday items to be added, some bug fixes, and some QoL updates.

If everything in the direct was everything that's going to be added, I'd be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, the update is amazing and I feel like the game will be near perfect after the update, but I'm still wanting a shop upgrade or two, Celeste on the right of the museum (the lack of symmetry bugs me), mini games, tropical fruits, gracies return, and a few QoL updates (like bulk crafting, villager dialogue, mass able sisters shopping, ect).

I feel like everything I mentioned is fair and realistic, and I just want the game to be as good as it can be, if it's the last major update.

I heard through the grape vine that IGN had an interview with Nintendo and that there aren't going to be paid DLC either. Like the game is done.
If true, they may just be getting ready for another game. I would assume the next ac would be on a new console but, eh who really knows. NH brought in alot of cash, and ALOT of new players they may want to work with that. I just kinda wonder what direction they would take the series in, or if they are just going to do a spin off.

In terms of Paid DLC, apparently some gaming site reached out to Nintendo and was told this was going to be the only paid DLC, so that very well might means the curtain has fell. I mean will they do some updates to the DLC for a bit to add on a few bells and whistles?
That was IGN.

Last major free update. So any more updates will either not be major, or not free.
Japanese translation of the direct mentions nothing about free, just major update and ign sqys nintendo told them it's the last dlc.

It said in the direct that this will be the last major free update, and I know it's different for everybody, but for me, I'm fine with it.

The timing of the major update met my expectations, the quality of the update met my expectations, and I wasn't expecting any paid DLC, so that exceeded my expectations. 😊🌟

I'm really happy they've been clear that this is the last major update.

Ahh, I must have missed that part of the direct because I was so excited about everything xD. I'm super happy with everything as well. Well beyond what I thought was coming!

Tentatively, I'm okay with it. The only reason I will be a little sad is if there's no Gracie Grace hidden somewhere in the update. I was also REALLY hoping that we could see the pelicans/Post Office return, but I really don't think that's even likely at this point -- so I won't ride my opinion solely on that. If Gracie is nowhere to be found, I'll be a little salty lol. But if she is, then the game is more or less "complete" in my eyes, and I can't see how it'd even be realistic to expect another MASSIVE content update similar to this one after getting almost-but-not-quite everything expected in the game plus new features (such as cooking).

Maybe the keyword is major. This really was a major update, with all kinds of NPCs, features, furniture, etc. added. Maybe that means a minor update could very well be a bit more substantial than bug fixes/holiday updates? Like I wonder if adding Celeste to the museum would qualify as a minor update, if that's all they added?

Perhaps I am being too hopeful.

Honestly I am feeling very content with these two updates (free and paid). To me, this feels like when they dropped the amiibo update in New Leaf, and I am perfectly happy if they never add anything else to the game. More content in the future even if paid would be the cherry on top of course, but I am no longer going to be saying things like "I wish they included blah blah in ACNH" because now I finally feel like the game is complete enough as it is.

Final Major update. I still expect things like holiday items to be added, some bug fixes, and some QoL updates.

If everything in the direct was everything that's going to be added, I'd be disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, the update is amazing and I feel like the game will be near perfect after the update, but I'm still wanting a shop upgrade or two, Celeste on the right of the museum (the lack of symmetry bugs me), mini games, tropical fruits, gracies return, and a few QoL updates (like bulk crafting, villager dialogue, mass able sisters shopping, ect).

I feel like everything I mentioned is fair and realistic, and I just want the game to be as good as it can be, if it's the last major update.
Everything you have mentioned is stuff I would really like to see added as well. It would be a real shame to leave out the good stuff like the mini games. Those were one of my favourite things in NL. But it is what it is. I'm still super impressed with Nintendo for giving us so much more content. Ending it with a bang if this is the end of the updates. :)

Maybe the keyword is major. This really was a major update, with all kinds of NPCs, features, furniture, etc. added. Maybe that means a minor update could very well be a bit more substantial than bug fixes/holiday updates? Like I wonder if adding Celeste to the museum would qualify as a minor update, if that's all they added?

Perhaps I am being too hopeful.
They only worded it like that in the translations. The original Japanese version of the direct said no more content updates period. Nothing about major, nor free. Plus it's been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that they will not be doing any additional paid DLC. So I am thinking than anything from here out is just going to be patches. There's a good chance they're not giving us anything else after this, but who knows!

Last edited:
They only worded it like that in the translations. The original Japanese version of the direct said no more content updates period. Nothing about major, nor free. Plus it's been confirmed by Nintendo themselves that they will not be doing any additional paid DLC. So I am thinking than anything from here out is just going to be patches. There's a 99.9% chance they're not giving us anything else after this, but who knows!

Yea, I've heard this too. But I think something that might be worth noting is every other update had time locked content released by tiny patches. They could be saying this update has everything they're adding to the game in it, but there could still be a slow draw out release on some of the content. Though I wouldn't expect this to be much more than a few bits of furniture and potentially just blocking off all the holidays from TTers... again. We won't know until it's datamined I imagine. - and if holidays are timelocked again, that'll give an indication of when we might hear more news if there is going to be anything else.

Would also been nice for every species to of gotten 1 new or returning Villager. We are getting yet another Normal Squirrel while Tigers lack three personalities.

I mean I'm happy and excited for everything, but it does feel like a few things could of been topped off a tad bit more. I wanted to meet a few more of the older NPCs while I was really hopeful some of the neglected species would get filled out a bit more in their villager pool. That would of basically perfected everything for me.

Do we know the personality types of the new villagers yet?

Bu the game is only two years old right ? You all really think they are going to well you know gosht on us like that, i mena i dont expect an update paid or free every month you know but it would not hurt to get small updates every now and then or one major every year for their anniversary. It will definitely break my heart if they stop further improving and developing this game to be hones.

PLUS ! in the direct they said 11 new reactions but that means we will still have space for 18 reactions in our page, i mean im sure they will not leave a page have empty, right ? Or is ir just wishful thinking on my part ?

Bu the game is only two years old right ? You all really think they are going to well you know gosht on us like that, i mena i dont expect an update paid or free every month you know but it would not hurt to get small updates every now and then or one major every year for their anniversary. It will definitely break my heart if they stop further improving and developing this game to be hones.

PLUS ! in the direct they said 11 new reactions but that means we will still have space for 18 reactions in our page, i mean im sure they will not leave a page have empty, right ? Or is ir just wishful thinking on my part ?

I mean, them supporting the game for this long past the initial release is pretty amazing as is. Not many games are developed for long after release.

They could have easily made all of the 2.0 content into multiple updates, but decided to just drop everything at once, likely to work on Happy Home Paradise and have it release along with it as one massive content update. And they succeeded. The only negative thing about this is now the development cycle for New Horizons is now complete, likely only to have small bug fixes, etc in the coming months.

Game updates just don't last forever, sadly.

Back